hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 99 of 243 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4859

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Ruger 22/45 would keep those perishable skills from...perishing.

$20 for a brick of 500 rds. Now you just have to pay range fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    The obvious solution is that we need to change the 2nd Amendment to include the private purchase of tanks, APCs, jets, helicopters, etc., as well as anti vehicle munitions and missiles.
    It already includes them (well at least it doesn't exclude them).

Constitutional right to bear nuclear arms.
    Gun thread. Not faggot gun politics thread.

On topic; anybody ever shot .41 mag or .454 Casull?
    .41 Mag and .41 AE are pretty much the same round, even though the mag is obviously, well, a magnum. They both felt to me like a 40 cal. That said, I don't like revolvers.
    10mm at full power loads as well. WTB Colt Delta Elite

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

I have a Glock 20 (10mm auto) and love it but I have a feeling ammo and mags are going to get scarce soon.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Now you just have to pay range fees.
    I live in the sticks. I shoot my guns from my front porch. I'm just a few miles from a really nice facility as well if I ever want to get into action shooting or precision rifle shooting up to 1,000 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
    Now you just have to pay range fees.
    I live in the sticks. I shoot my guns from my front porch. I'm just a few miles from a really nice facility as well if I ever want to get into action shooting or precision rifle shooting up to 1,000 yards.
    You don't have an open field/valley/area with 1km line of sight?
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    any one know were to get the older AR15 style carbine handguards

the middle one NOT the fatter new style one. trying to get one for a friend.

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Get your friend some bigger hands, mate.
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

You can normally find them at gun shows.

Why do you want them vs doing a rail system? Are you trying to build a mid-90's M4 clone?

Quick search produced this. $3

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/A2-Pi...-grip-blck.htm

Is this just for looks or are you planning on building one from scratch? The old A2 grip is getting ditched whenever a unit gets that kind of leeway from the upper brass. It's not uncommon to then see guys Magpul heavy on rifle furniture and it makes for better ergonomics. The same applies to those that compete in long range marksmanship or 3-gun competitions.

Here's a good link showing the different kinds of rear grips and their profiles. The article is pretty decent.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...rips-compared/

The top rifle looks like an old CAR-15 pattern (with the exception of the non-see through fiber optic), the bottom like a typical M4-gorey civilian style rifle, while the middle looks like shit. Pencil barrel is a dead give away for a "cheap rifle".

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    a very luck bastid friend is building a early ar 15 style rifle in the uk > and has all the paperwork for it > i am v.mad and jelly rich git. but he did say if i can source him those hand guards i can play with it ulterior motives awwaaaaaayy

and to clarify i meant the front hadguard not the pistol grip

Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    any one know were to get the older AR15 style carbine handguards

the middle one NOT the fatter new style one. trying to get one for a friend.
    BTW I have a stock one. Willing to sell

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Nobody cares about the last post on a page, surely.

good job on good post for pg 100 snipe o7

So I think this weekend I'm gonna take the plunge and apply for my Firearms purchaser permit. Will probably apply for my handgun permit at the same time, as I've been told that one can take quite a while to get so its best to apply for both together.

That said I'm thinking about what I'd like to buy. Obviously handguns are out of the question untill I get the handgun permit. While rifles are an option, its kinda pointless here as it is illegal to hunt with a rifle in NJ, and I've been told by a few people that its also illegal to discharge a rifle anywhere but a licensed gun range here, though I'm not 100% on that one.

So that basically leaves shotguns. I would be mainly doing skeet shooting at my friends place, and maybe the occasional hunt. My friend already has two really nice shotguns, an Over-Under & a remington semi-auto, so I was thinking about getting something a bit different for the fuck of it. So I started looking at lever action shotguns. Does anyone have any experience with them, or recommendations? I've only done some quick browsing last night but it didn't look like there were many options in that category. So any info would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    So that basically leaves shotguns. I would be mainly doing skeet shooting at my friends place, and maybe the occasional hunt. My friend already has two really nice shotguns, an Over-Under & a remington semi-auto, so I was thinking about getting something a bit different for the fuck of it. So I started looking at lever action shotguns. Does anyone have any experience with them, or recommendations? I've only done some quick browsing last night but it didn't look like there were many options in that category. So any info would be much appreciated.
    Lever action shotguns are fairly rare. They don't provide any specific advantage that any other action type doesn't also provide. If you're looking for a solid shotgun that can serve multiple roles, I'd strongly suggest a Remington 870. It comes in 12g and 20g commonly, if you want to look hard you can also find it in 16g, 28g, and .410cal. It's been around for a bit more than 50 years now, and is (in my mind) THE shotgun to own for general purpose, and it's the best selling shotgun in the world. It's pump, so it's different from what your friend owns, it's also very very simple, so it's very dependable. The only disadvantage is that it's not drop safe like some of the really new model shotguns are, so just don't store it with one in the chamber. I think at this point it's only sold in a magnum configuration anymore, but that's not an issue, it'll shoot standard shells just as well as magnums.

a very luck bastid friend is building a early ar 15 style rifle in the uk > and has all the paperwork for it > i am v.mad and jelly rich git. but he did say if i can source him those hand guards i can play with it ulterior motives awwaaaaaayy

A quick search found a few in the US but only one that shipped internationally. Unfortunately, Sarco, Inc. was out of stock. Sarco is probably the better places to get surplus odds and ends. This one below is in the Phillipines so international shipping shouldn't be an issue.

http://black-tactical.com/store/weap...ndguard-p-3852

A quick search found a few in the US but only one that shipped internationally. Unfortunately, Sarco, Inc. was out of stock. Sarco is probably the better places to get surplus odds and ends. This one below is in the Phillipines so international shipping shouldn't be an issue.

http://black-tactical.com/store/weap...ndguard-p-3852
    Those are M16 handguards Keyo. He's looking for early M4 handguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    So that basically leaves shotguns. I would be mainly doing skeet shooting at my friends place, and maybe the occasional hunt. My friend already has two really nice shotguns, an Over-Under & a remington semi-auto, so I was thinking about getting something a bit different for the fuck of it.
    People like to go nuts with (needlessly imo) expensive shotguns for skeet shooting. If you want to be different, get a common 12 gauge pump. The act of pumping the thing, feeling all the little mechanical pieces click around, and watching it eject a shell while loading the next one at the same time is almost as fun as shooting it. The Remington 870 like Cue said, or the mossberg 500. I can't speak for the remington, but I know it's really easy to change barrels on a mossberg 500, so you can put a long barrel on it when you go skeet shooting and then switch it out with a shorter barrel and keep it for home defense when you're done.

am I the only one who actually enjoys the milspec style grip on a m16/ar15? I see all these AR owners I see running around with custom grips that don't let you easily get up on the grip confuses me. Maybe I am just missing soemthing...