hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 93 of 245 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4889

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    actually both i would be interested in if you know or have a resource. i know in the carebear states castle laws are 180 from those in places like deep south america, and my only idea on morally/legality is the culture of honor but that doesn't get me very far.
    Morality is relative, so as dpidcoe already said, I'd suggest that it became morally OK to preemptively kill someone around the same time the second murder occurred in history. Obviously, what's right and wrong is totally relative, so morally, I'd suggest you ask yourself that. Is it OK to kill someone before they kill you? If you answer yes, then I suspect you formed that belief sometime around middle school/early high school. The concept was first placed in writing in Roman law, stating that an attack on ones family or property is an attack on the head of that family or owner of that property, which basically gives you the right to defend yourself. We can also trace it back to the Code of Hammurabi, and an eye for an eye suggests you can kill a man for killing your wife. A bit more recent, Matthew Henry suggested that the 10 commandments hold a clause citing that murder is justifiable if in self defense, assuming your morality comes from an Amharic religion. All these form a moral basis, but your choices for what is right and wrong are obviously your own.

Legally, Roman Law and the Code of Hammurabi have already been mentioned. The US Law starts with the 2nd Amendment, and has been solidly backed up case after case, most recently District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) which reinforced that the right to own a weapon gave the owner the right to use the weapon to defend ones self. The basics of self-defense laws today are founded upon the Law Enforcement right to use deadly force, which have all been passed at different times depending upon the state of your residence, but generally fairly early in US history(early to mid 1800's). The cross between the powers of a cop and the rights of a citizen are based upon the point that cops are not military, so they're civilians. If they can use deadly force in self defense, then the average citizen has the same right.

Today, there's basically three categories for home defense, and self defense outside of home is mostly universal.

Stand your ground laws(which give you the right to shoot anyone who is threatening you as long as you have a legal right to be there and carry a weapon) are the newest of which, spearheaded by Florida in 2005. The law is very new, and has received a lot of criticism.

Castle Doctrine(which today states you can kill someone who is unlawfully in your home without a need to retreat) was first established in England in 1628, and later reestablished in 1765. It was brought to the US and nearly instantly adopted, and serves most of the states in the US as law on justifiable homicide at home by way of self defense.

Duty to Retreat is the last law, or rather it's just a lack of a Stand Your Ground law or Castle Doctrine. You have a duty to retreat if it would stop any and all violence. A lot of times that means you have to retreat until there's a wall at your back to shoot someone, but that's not quite true. Example: You're downstairs, children upstairs. Someone breaks in downstairs and has a weapon(knife, gun, rock whatever) and is in between you and the stairs. Retreating away from the stairs would allow the intruder to go for your children so retreating would, in your feelings, not stop all violence, so you have a right to defend your children by using deadly force.

Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

I own that now.

Morality is relative?

Nope

Not biting.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ft

If you want compact you get a blowback. Period.

Care to elaborate?

because razor
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Because reliability and smooth profile? :iiam:

Examples?

Walther PP, Sig-Sauer P230, PM (haters gonna hate).

Last edited by RazoR; December 23 2012 at 12:08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takon Orlani View Post
    Morality is relative?

Nope

Not biting.
    Any religion that believes in reincarnation will tell you that killing any living thing is wrong. I, however, don't believe that to be true. Morality is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Yes because "lightweight" is for girly men and only studs carry compact Markovs which weigh more than a full sized .45ACP Glock 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post

Yes because "lightweight" is for girly men and only studs carry compact Markovs which weigh more than a full sized .45ACP Glock 21.
    All that extra weight just means it has a much higher build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takon Orlani View Post
    Morality is relative?

Nope

Not biting.
    Any religion that believes in reincarnation will tell you that killing any living thing is wrong. I, however, don't believe that to be true. Morality is relative.
    Thanks for the write up cue.

Care to throw in some proof along your bullshit? Because last i heard PM weighs less than any loaded Glock.
    And i'm pretty sure size comes before weight for compact pistols.
    Last edited by RazoR; December 23 2012 at 07:28:10 AM.

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

RE: Razor: I'll take 9mm over .380 all day.

The Glock 26 is an excellent gun. It engages your thumb muscle with its backstrap and is extremely comfortable and solid. Because of its thicker barrel and stiffer recoil spring they're also generally more accurate than larger Glocks (barring site radius). I love mine.

Btw i like the stubby stock mag, just curl your pinky underneath it. Carry 15 or 17 round mags for your reloads and you can have pinky support.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

I'll take a 9 over .32 or .380 any day.
    Edit: ah beat me to it.
    Took it shooting today. I was more accurate with it than my pt92 .

I did a lot of technique shooting today. Trigger squeeze, stance, breathing. All that good stuff.

I'll post my best results later. I'm no huckock45 but I'm getting better. (Also I had the sun in my eyes )
    Last edited by Takon Orlani; December 23 2012 at 06:38:13 PM.

Curious about the conceal carry stuff, do you wear a shoulder holster under a jacket or something when you go out? And can you take it anywhere?

Don't want to start some gun law sperging, just genuinely curious.

Many are inside the waistband style. Depending on what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Curious about the conceal carry stuff, do you wear a shoulder holster under a jacket or something when you go out? And can you take it anywhere?

Most people carry in a small holster in their waistband. There are two different styles that are the subject of much spergy argumentation on gun forums (I have no idea what the actual difference is tbh). Most people I know who carry do so pretty much everywhere, unless they know they're going somewhere that explicitly doesn't allow permit holders to carry guns (e.g. schools).

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post

Depends on the weather and what not. I tend to carry inside the waistband, however I've been looking at an ankle holster for when you need a bit more concealment. I'll actually carry outside the waistband just on my hip if the weather is especially cold and I have multiple layers on. Shoulder holster just seems like too much stuff to keep up with. Places you can't take it is dependent upon the state you live in, but federal law states you can't carry inside government buildings and on government property except the Blue Ridge Parkway. Most states also add schools and bars, some add anywhere that charges admission.

AW: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

My dad used to have a holster for under the jacket, made to be low visibility and when you take the jacket off, the holster can be kept with the jacket with a normal hand movement. For example when you put the jacket over the back of a chair.

Tapapapapatalk
    nevar forget