hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft

Re: Gun fred

Quote Originally Posted by DracheK
    Holy shit, Walrus. Fucking lol. That kid hopefully went places in life with that kind of dedication.
    i think his mother forced him tbh, but that kind of gear kinda takes some of the fun out of it.

when you have to wear protective goggles to avoid getting your eyes gouged out by water.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

You take care of kids like that by loading your super soaker with urine.

world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun

Super Rooerator Movember 2012Global Moderator ctrlchris's Avatar

suprised no one beat me to it tbh.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Went into a gunstore for the first time, held handguns for the first time. Owner was a douchebag because I was a beginner, so I'm not inclined to give him business. Unfortunately, he's the only gunstore owner in town that I know of. /o\

The one I was liking most in terms of weight and grip comfort was a Taurus. I forget the exact model but it was one of these.

Had a polymer grip and body with a steel slide and barrel., along with what looked like glow in the dark sights and had tactical attachments. Anyone know about 'em, especially as a brand? I'm pretty much a gun virgin. I plan on going to some gun shows, time and distance permitting.

I'm open to suggestions, too. I'm looking for a medium weight, medium cost handgun that's good for learning and accuracy.

Went into a gunstore for the first time, held handguns for the first time. Owner was a douchebag because I was a beginner, so I'm not inclined to give him business. Unfortunately, he's the only gunstore owner in town that I know of. /o\

The one I was liking most in terms of weight and grip comfort was a Taurus. I forget the exact model but it was one of these.

Had a polymer grip and body with a steel slide and barrel., along with what looked like glow in the dark sights and had tactical attachments. Anyone know about 'em, especially as a brand? I'm pretty much a gun virgin. I plan on going to some gun shows, time and distance permitting.

I'm open to suggestions, too. I'm looking for a medium weight, medium cost handgun that's good for learning and accuracy.
    Gun store employees are usually douchebags. Plus it probably didnt help you went in there and finger fucked every gun.

Wasnt a fan of my tippmann for very long. Too hard on paint.

Its now got a single trigger frame though.

Quote Originally Posted by tasmanian
    Gun store employees are usually douchebags. Plus it probably didnt help you went in there and finger fucked every gun.

He was king of the store douchebags, being the owner. I actually didn't request to hold any guns. I answered his questions and let him select which ones to allow me to handle; it's a pity he was a jackass, because I could easily afford his wares and would've gotten a sale from me.

you're going to want some actual range time with any prospective purchases. you may find there is a difference between fingering a gun and actually using it.

My weapon for 3 years.

Talking of guns.. need to go to my annual shooting this year... duty in my country till im like 35 or so. + because I wasn't so smart when I was in the military I also have a sniper rifle and a pistol and I need to shoot with all those motherfuckers.

Will feel like a total douchebag with 3 guns on my other front seat while driving through town..

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft

^^best gun
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Re: Re: Gun fred

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe

Dude I still have my cocker somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by alcibiades
    My weapon for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus

^^best gun
    The cartridge, however, is fucking fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara
    Talking of guns.. need to go to my annual shooting this year... duty in my country till im like 35 or so. + because I wasn't so smart when I was in the military I also have a sniper rifle and a pistol and I need to shoot with all those motherfuckers.

Will feel like a total douchebag with 3 guns on my other front seat while driving through town..
    You showed the gun, we know your country is Switzerland you can actually say it.

Yall are cheaters. Living not too far north and getting a gun legally is a bitch. Either you are a licensed hunter culling certain species or you need to prove that you actually compete in tournaments. No chance to buy a gun for just shooting on the range, no, you need to actually compete as well.
    nevar forget

Got this at home under my bed.
    So I take it you are Swiss then. Looks like an SG 550.

I have a couple of handguns at home all given to me by relatives. .38 S&W revolver which was my FIL's service weapon, a Colt .22 SA revolver which is fun and cheap to shoot but not very accurate, and an 1883 .38 S&W 5-shot DA revolver which still works but I wouldnt dare put modern ammo through it.

Anyone know about 'em, especially as a brand? I'm pretty much a gun virgin. I plan on going to some gun shows, time and distance permitting.

Gun shops and gun shows aren't going to net you any real nuggets of wisdom and but lots of BS and myths. At another forum we have a thread called "Things I heard at the Gun counter today".

If this is just for target plinking then you've got a wide wide range of options to choose from. Don't feel you need to clutter the thing with addons. Mission drives the gear and you don't need anything really special. About a decade ago I would have told you to stay away from CZ, Taurus, or S&W automatics. Apparently they've learned from their mistakes. The S&W M&P line is top notch and the CZ SP-01 and 75 are pretty prevalent in IPSC competitions. The Taurus line has fixed their reliability issues and I know one guy who has put 1200 rounds through his with no major malfunctions. As with any Taurus the frames are way fatter than they need to be although not nearly as bad as their older brands. And of course their "straight eight" sights are shit. I mean, why the hell would you cover up the target with the front sight? If you want an addon, get a replacement sight.

Also, while there may be only one gun store in your town, there are multiple ways to purchase one legally. First, Google your town for gun dealerships to see if you're missing something.

Second, find out how many FFL holders are in the area that can do transfers. Federal Firearm License holders are those that can buy, sell, and transfer firearms and they don't always have a gunstore of their own. Use the following: http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx
    FFL holders will charge you a fee for every firearm they transfer. A "transfer" is basically a sale but with the appropriate paperwork done by them. This allows you to purchase firearms through magazines or websites. Those sites will then contact your FFL rep. and ship to them where you will fill out any remaining paperwork. Note: he/she will hold a "profile" on you so be sure to bring the appropriate picture ID's, etc. when you first meet not just the day you pick up your weapon.

Third, check your local pawn shops. In this economy, people have been selling off their guns like crazy. I've seen a number of Glocks, XD's, and 1911's in pristine condition going for cheap. Many store owners have been dropping prices to move the stuff and you might be able to pick up a G17 for $350-$400. Taurus for less.

Finally, seek out and read up as much as you can on the gun that interests you the most. There are plenty of guys that swear by the P7 even though it looks like ass to me.

Re: Re: Gun fred

Quote Originally Posted by Takon Orlani
    Quote Originally Posted by Leboe

Dude I still have my cocker somewhere

Hoping to make my next one a karnivore, cockers are awesome

and puns

Get out, sporties.