Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Joe plz
    Yes I should move to Austria and just walk into a store and walk out with a shotgun.

Tapapapatalk
    Except you couldn't.

https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/h...e.2450800.html

tl;dr: - justification for a need of ownership (negligible hurdle)
    - psychological exam*
    - some kind of training (lol)

*[unless you have a hunters' license; which is a 2 1/2 months/80hrs course @1500€]

Not exactly "walking in and walking out again"

Also, what the fuck do you need a gun for if you explicitly state you're not interested in competition? Plz.
    I specifically said shotgun, that is a gun that shoots shot, in German a Flinte, guns with smoothbore barrels. Category D according to Austrian law, free for anyone aged 18 and older to own in Austria. Even my beloved Gewehr 98 repeating rifle (Repetierbüchse) is category C according to Austrian law, free for anyone aged 18 and older to own in Austria. I'd only need to register it with the government.

https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/h...e.2450700.html
    Relevant link (thanks for linking to that page in the first place).

Handguns and semiautomatic rifles are category B and require everything you listed. And I am not that much interested in them. I want a Gewehr 98 with a Spandau production mark and shoot that maybe once every 2-3 months just for fun. German law means I have to jump through comparatively a lot of hoops just for that. In Austria just for the Gewehr 98 I want I wouldn't have to. I could buy it and be done with it. If I have to go through all that paperwork, be prepared that I will certainly get the allowed guns.
    Is there rent you can rent and shoot so you don't need to go through the whole rigmarole of becoming a gun owner?
    cant do forward rolls round you apartment with a rented gun
    That's what i haven't been doing with my gun, the empty feeling in my life is now filled.

Joe plz
    Yes I should move to Austria and just walk into a store and walk out with a shotgun.

Tapapapatalk
    Except you couldn't.

- psychological exam*

*[unless you have a hunters' license; which is a 2 1/2 months/80hrs course @1500€]

Also, what the fuck do you need a gun for if you explicitly state you're not interested in competition? Plz.
    I specifically said shotgun, that is a gun that shoots shot, in German a Flinte, guns with smoothbore barrels. Category D according to Austrian law, free for anyone aged 18 and older to own in Austria. Even my beloved Gewehr 98 repeating rifle (Repetierbüchse) is category C according to Austrian law, free for anyone aged 18 and older to own in Austria. I'd only need to register it with the government.

Handguns and semiautomatic rifles are category B and require everything you listed. And I am not that much interested in them. I want a Gewehr 98 with a Spandau production mark and shoot that maybe once every 2-3 months just for fun. German law means I have to jump through comparatively a lot of hoops just for that. In Austria just for the Gewehr 98 I want I wouldn't have to. I could buy it and be done with it. If I have to go through all that paperwork, be prepared that I will certainly get the allowed guns.
    Is there rent you can rent and shoot so you don't need to go through the whole rigmarole of becoming a gun owner?
    You can rent guns at ranges, but I am looking at very specific weapons. One of the more commercial rental places I looked at in Berlin doesn't have them but semi-auto AR15s and the usual stuff. I want a Gewehr 98 with a Spandau mark (for personal sentimental reasons - it's where I live) and ... not much else tbh.
    By German law as a sports shooter I could get 3 rifles and 2 pistols before having to prove a specific need due to competition disciplines. So I'd probably end up having something 9mm, probably some AR and then maybe 22lr for really cheap shooting. If I ever get around to doing that.
    nevar forget

Anyone can rent and shoot at a commercial range.
    Depending on where you are, SOME places are quite a ripoff. Other places, like MSZU, are like 25bux for "all day rent of gun" + rangetime + ammo (at normal prices).

Rip-offs are those where you can only shoot X rounds as part of a package and then have to buy overpriced extra ammo, like 5 shots 5 euro, instead of the more typical "pack of 50 9mm for 15 bux".

Joe plz

Tapapapatalk
    Except you couldn't.

- psychological exam*

In that case, I of course stand corrected.
    I have less of a problem with that. I assumed you wanted a handgun and was like wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Joe plz

Tapapapatalk
    Except you couldn't.

- psychological exam*

In that case, I of course stand corrected.
    I have less of a problem with that. I assumed you wanted a handgun and was like wtf?
    oh he will a luger to go with his
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    stasi uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    you guys managed to make one of the better threads so fucking spergy it hurts.

How about that then:

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    How about that then:

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10041951/hwshafdh/dfas/2017-04-25%2012.39.12.jpg[/img
    [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10041951/hwshafdh/dfas/2017-04-25%2012.39.41.jpg[/img
    [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10041951/hwshafdh/dfas/2017-04-25%2012.41.10.jpg[/img
    [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10041951/hwshafdh/dfas/2017-04-25%2012.43.07.jpg[/img

Bought an AUG-Z A3 before the new EU legislation hits.

Yes, it is no beauty and the trigger is in need of attention but the number of allowed semi-automatic rifles isn't too big, plus AR-15 clones were very hard to get (months til orders would be fulfilled), so:

Quote Originally Posted by Limos View Post

Yes, it is no beauty and the trigger is in need of attention but the number of allowed semi-automatic rifles isn't too big, plus AR-15 clones were very hard to get (months til orders would be fulfilled), so:

are you allowed 30rnd magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Limos View Post

are you allowed 30rnd magazines?
    For now, yes - even the 42rd mag is no problem. After the new legislation hits, it may be that >10 round mags for rifles are Category A (Forbidden), only if you train for certain disciplines and compete you get an exemption.
    Though it depends how Austria applies the new directive, maybe nothing changes in regard to magazines (yeah, one can dream!).

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOPITCS

absolutely disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

absolutely disgusting
    Plastic fantastic

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOPITCS
    Yeah, good price for a nice quality scope. Not the best reticles to choose from, but then you'd have to pay upwards of 1.500€ instead of ~900€. With the mount, different muzzle brake and a different charging handle (I like the skin on my knuckles, thank you very much) it was expensive enough as is.

LIMOS kind of reminds me of GLIMOS and SLIMOS, two "incredibly important" roles at CERN.

@meta are you aware of any forgrip rails for the compact VZ? while i like the tiny handguard on mine (airsoft uk cannot into Funs) its a pain and i need my rail fix.

@meta are you aware of any forgrip rails for the compact VZ? while i like the tiny handguard on mine (airsoft uk cannot into Funs) its a pain and i need my rail fix.
    No, I use the ZNEDL top cover rail as my compact does not allow any handguard raisl, the piston cover is literally just a little shell the size of a half ping pong ball.

No, I use the ZNEDL top cover rail as my compact does not allow any handguard raisl, the piston cover is literally just a little shell the size of a half ping pong ball.
    yeah i was looking at the top cover rail. i might have to knock a handguard up and then 3d print it.