hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 150 of 243 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4859

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

I figured you knew what you wanted to say, just was pointing out that the mass production wasn't the problem. The problem was their reasonably free access to resources was quickly diminishing causing them to use sub par resources to continue required output. Being in the process of losing a war tends to do that.

edit: It showed more in Japan due to their greater reliance on imports for materials in comparison to Germany.
    Its what i say.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Ref those choggie Enfields... unless you can guarantee it's 100% legit don't under any circumstances fire it. Quality control in those knock off workshops is pretty much non existant.
    Chances are the knock off shops only really build the trigger to be "functional", the blasting cap hole thingy probably doesn't reach the barrel to ignite the powder.
    Considering there's a .454 martini in the pics and i've seen a few replica .303s it's not just knock off low pressure brown bess colonial killers one has to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Do you want to provide some background on that pic? Looks like a typical haji frankengun but without a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Do you want to provide some background on that pic? Looks like a typical haji frankengun but without a barrel.
    Aren't you some kind of a gun expert? Or only when it's american?

Lots of tips in that image.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 21 2014 at 05:07:09 AM.

anti tank obrez

Aren't you some kind of a gun expert? Or only when it's american?

Lots of tips in that image.
    With the barrel on.

What's the big chunky bit underneath it?

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    What's the big chunky bit underneath it?
    Magazine well. Thing holds 5 rounds.

I did not know that the SKS was just a downsized version of this thing. Although this uses a clip to hold the rounds together in the mag while the SKS does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapy5 View Post
    Time to buy you a ghost gun

I'll see your "ghost gun" with a "pirate gun".

Quote Originally Posted by Soapy5 View Post
    Time to buy you a ghost gun

I'll see your "ghost gun" with a "pirate gun".

Is it bad that I kinda want that lower?

This might have been answered before but how would one go about buying a gun in the US if you are not a US citizen and you are not planning on getting a citizenship? I might be moving to the US sometime in the next 2-3 years and stay there for some time so im curious if its possible and what kind of laws are in place or if its even a possibility.

Also assuming owning guns for a foreigner is even possible, is there anything that would prevent you from importing guns registered in another country? In particular a bolt action rifle and an OU shotgun?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    This might have been answered before but how would one go about buying a gun in the US if you are not a US citizen and you are not planning on getting a citizenship? I might be moving to the US sometime in the next 2-3 years and stay there for some time so im curious if its possible and what kind of laws are in place or if its even a possibility.

Also assuming owning guns for a foreigner is even possible, is there anything that would prevent you from importing guns registered in another country? In particular a bolt action rifle and an OU shotgun?
    I have no idea about how to import a weapon to the US, I know it's possible, and fairly easy, but I'd warn you that if you did so you might not be able to move said weapons back into your country.

As far as purchase, you can buy one so long as you're legal. I'm not sure about picking up a pistol, but rifles of all kinds are fair game. You just can't get a CCW to my knowledge.

You must be a legal resident (green card) to purchase and own, no exceptions. When dealing with the FFL dealer, you'll have to show that you have lived here as a resident for 90 days with 3 different sources. So bank, credit card, utility payment, car registration, etc. The FFL dealer will give you an approved list.

You may handle or rent one if you are not a resident but have a legal hunting permit or a temporary visa. Your State may also have extra restrictions so you will need to look into that.

Ok if you personally own the item then you have to go through the FFL dealer who will do the paperwork with the ATF. In short, you import the weapon to the FFL dealer and he "transfers" the weapon back to you in country. That seems like a bit of work and you might be better off keeping them in storage if you're only going to be here temporarily.
    Last edited by Keorythe; January 24 2014 at 07:37:59 PM. Reason: adding import rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

I have no idea about how to import a weapon to the US, I know it's possible, and fairly easy, but I'd warn you that if you did so you might not be able to move said weapons back into your country.

As far as purchase, you can buy one so long as you're legal. I'm not sure about picking up a pistol, but rifles of all kinds are fair game. You just can't get a CCW to my knowledge.
    There is also the possibility of having a "new" serial number etched onto your weapon if it gets imported into the united states by a FFL. You should ask a lawyer, as I am not that familiar with those laws.

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-c...#axzz2tQ1taLAl

So that happened. Probably gonna be at least a couple years before it works its way through appeals and SCOTUS but I can't help but fantasize and maybe get ahead of the buying spree that'll happen. Need recommends for carry concealed pistols. What do you use? How do you carry it?

Quote Originally Posted by F*** My Aunt Rita View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-c...#axzz2tQ1taLAl

So that happened. Probably gonna be at least a couple years before it works its way through appeals and SCOTUS but I can't help but fantasize and maybe get ahead of the buying spree that'll happen. Need recommends for carry concealed pistols. What do you use? How do you carry it?
    Most people these days carry around the waist somewhere. I personally push it towards the front somewhat. Uncomfortable for sitting, but otherwise it's great and disappears. I also don't end up with issues of printing. As to what to carry, go to a range and try stuff out. There's a lot of options, and even more opinions. I'd personally suggest a single stack gun, as they conceal better. I have my eyes on an M&P Shield, and Flightly carries a Walther PPS as a few examples to get you started on.

Ruger LCR. Lightweight snubby...just zero fun to practice with. Firing full up .357 loads feels like hitting your hand against a wall.