hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 143 of 245 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4889

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonW View Post
    Actually you hit the nail right on the head.. I'm struggling with sight picture. I am having issues focusing on the white with orange contrast for this shot... I blurred a bit. I have said for awhile I need glasses, but I mean if the target were darker I'd prolly be more consistant.

Either way.. first time shooting it. I'm taking it out again tomorrow.

I do hope you were standing when you did that grouping.

As for zeroing at 25m... It'll do for a check zero but if you're doing a weapon from scratch you should really be at 100m.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Kelly was looking at a Sig232, which is similar in shape.. I hated that gun.
    Buy a Bersa, same gun, much cheaper, works perfectly fine.
    The only Bersa's worth a shit are the older, steel ones. The new aluminum & plastic ones are less reliable than a politician and work less than Congress. Them & Taureses are the guns I see brought in the most for repairs.

If you don't like the P232, get a PPK/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Actually you hit the nail right on the head.. I'm struggling with sight picture. I am having issues focusing on the white with orange contrast for this shot... I blurred a bit. I have said for awhile I need glasses, but I mean if the target were darker I'd prolly be more consistant.

Either way.. first time shooting it. I'm taking it out again tomorrow.

I do hope you were standing when you did that grouping.

As for zeroing at 25m... It'll do for a check zero but if you're doing a weapon from scratch you should really be at 100m.
    No. Sitting at a table and sitting on the ground. First time firing the SAIGA.

YOU MUST CONVERT ADDITIONAL SAIGAS!

I am going to convert..m ill prolly have 3 by the time I'm finished.. cause... Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by VladCetes View Post
    The only Bersa's worth a shit are the older, steel ones. The new aluminum & plastic ones are less reliable than a politician and work less than Congress. Them & Taureses are the guns I see brought in the most for repairs.

Only repair of the aluminum Bersas I've ever seen is mag lip bending...

Quote Originally Posted by VladCetes View Post

Only repair of the aluminum Bersas I've ever seen is mag lip bending...
    The major problem I say is failing to feed and jamming. Maybe that could be the cause.

smuggo
    Hi. As many of you know I'm a Britbong. In the new year I'll be getting a substantial raise and will be able to, among other things sustain firearms as a hobby. Pretty sure I'd have no dramas obtaining a firearms licence. But beyond the babby killing weapons employed by the British Army I have little knowledge of civilian shooting. Looking at maybe getting involved in some 'sport' shooting (ie hunting) and also some fun shooting.

For the Americlaps in the audience... restrictions, AFAIK for someone with a firearms certificate are shown here.

But the general TL;DR is:

No handguns.
    No semi auto above .22LR (I would like one of these though.

Hi. As many of you know I'm a Britbong. In the new year I'll be getting a substantial raise and will be able to, among other things sustain firearms as a hobby. Pretty sure I'd have no dramas obtaining a firearms licence. But beyond the babby killing weapons employed by the British Army I have little knowledge of civilian shooting. Looking at maybe getting involved in some 'sport' shooting (ie hunting) and also some fun shooting.

For the Americlaps in the audience... restrictions, AFAIK for someone with a firearms certificate are shown here.

No handguns.
    That makes me the sad..... how would you own an incredible firearm like the SAIGA

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

No handguns.
    That makes me the sad..... how would you own an incredible firearm like the SAIGA

Illegally, so like 74% of Americans =)

tapa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

smuggo

No handguns.

You shouldn't feel sad. Given your group size you should feel... hunted.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

No handguns.

Illegally, so like 74% of Americans =)

tapa4
    Citation needed.

And lark you should own a Mosin... its a fabulous gun. Cheap.. effective... and tons of ammo.

tons of ammo.
    citation needed
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    tons of ammo.
    citation needed
    What surplus ammo?

idk. I just remember that last time I looked surplus mosin ammo was getting expensive.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Was going to say, the .22LR restriction only applies to semi-automatic rifles in the UK. You could own a Mosin Nagant with no problems whatsoever for example, although I think something like a Garand would be illegal.

Be a patriot, buy an SMLE and a tin hat. You're not going to be able to get yourself a pistol IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    In non-shit gun news, I managed to find some good 95g rounds for my .243. I'm quite exited, sighted it in yesterday with the new rounds and will be out hunting deer in less than 24 hours
    Venison is good eating. How are you planning on cooking it?
    I want to do some steaks and make a fair bit of jerky. Not sure how I'm going to use all of it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
    You call .380 shit, and then recommend .32 ACP?
    Yes, statistically .32 ACP is one of the better performing handgun rounds and is almost completely devoid of recoil. Shot placement and quick, accurate follow up shots are much more important than caliber and .32 ACP makes both of those easy. .380 is snappy as fuck and has too much recoil in the guns that chamber it. 9mm and above generally come in larger guns with better recoil mitigation.

So basically makarov has too much recoil for you to handle since it's 1.5 more powerful than .32ACP? Got it.
    Better recoil mitigation? Better than blowback? Does 1911 come with ~balanced automatics~ or something?
    My primary pistol is 10mm Auto. Larger calibers are not a problem in guns that are larger and properly designed for it. Glocks in particular have a very good design for recoil mitigation - even their subcompact models have some unique design aspects that make them comfortable to shoot 9mm or bigger in.

My point is, guns chambered in .380 are too small to be shot well, IMO. In a gun that small, you're better off with .32 ACP. If you want a stronger caliber, get a larger gun.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    idk. I just remember that last time I looked surplus mosin ammo was getting expensive.
    I just bought 440 rounds for like 130 $

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn View Post
    Was going to say, the .22LR restriction only applies to semi-automatic rifles in the UK. You could own a Mosin Nagant with no problems whatsoever for example, although I think something like a Garand would be illegal.

Be a patriot, buy an SMLE and a tin hat. You're not going to be able to get yourself a pistol IIRC.
    I'm plenty aware of that. I want a SMLE and maybe, when I can afford one a De Lisle.

In the mean time. What can I own that is fun?