hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 140 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4859

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

It's a box that pushes its contents out, it doesn't need to look like an assaultgat. Hell, you could literally build a nerf gun and a real gun that use the same mags.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by VladCetes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VladCetes View Post
    Dear Izhmash, plz make US importable model.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ecoil-arrives/

I am likely buying one this weekend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Where are you buying one? Hmmmmmm?
    Gunshow.... prolly gna be like an arsenal tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by illusionalsgcty View Post
    Been issued pmags Wtf are these, they look like it's off a toy

tapa4
    It's the export version (EMAG) made for the SA-80, HK416, etc. Some magwells designed for the NATO spec mag don't function as well with the standard PMAG.

Or did you mean the ammo window?
    All of it tbh

tapa4
    I would guess the ammo window is a quick easy way to check if the spring is janky. You can tell if a mag is loaded just by picking it up, looking at it, or pushing down on the top bullet and seeing how far down it goes.
    Most people don't realize that "Military Grade," actually means "Made by the lowest bidder."
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Gunshow.
    What's the practical impact of the federal gov't shutdown in the US? I heard it is going to affect the wait times for CCW permits but will it also slow down the mandatory CBC? The last time I bought at a gun show, I had to wait more than a week to pick up my purchase (and drive an extra 70 miles).

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    Gunshow.
    What's the practical impact of the federal gov't shutdown in the US? I heard to is going to affect the wait times for CCW permits but will it also slow down the mandatory CBC? The last time I bought at a gun show, I had to wait more than a week to pick up my purchase (and drive an extra 70 miles).

FBI and ATF are open for business, the instant check system and form 4473's should still be working unless somebody ordered it shut down to make the shutdown as painful as possible to ordinary citizens.

e: wait times for CCW are usually determined by state, not federal, government.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    Gunshow.
    What's the practical impact of the federal gov't shutdown in the US? I heard it is going to affect the wait times for CCW permits but will it also slow down the mandatory CBC? The last time I bought at a gun show, I had to wait more than a week to pick up my purchase (and drive an extra 70 miles).
    I won't know till saturday... :/ hopefully nothing.. I want my damn gun. But your issue might be because of the scare I dunno

[IMG]E-Mag pic[/IMG]

tapa4
    They feed better than the old box metal mags. Using standard box metal I load mine to 23, but my P-mags are loaded to 28, never had feeding issues with 28, whereas 24 in my box metal mags will jam up regularly. Most people I know swear by them, although one Marine I know complains they will melt to the receiver on long bursts of full auto. He's a bit weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    [IMG]E-Mag pic[/IMG]

tapa4
    They feed better than the old box metal mags. Using standard box metal I load mine to 23, but my P-mags are loaded to 28, never had feeding issues with 28, whereas 24 in my box metal mags will jam up regularly. Most people I know swear by them, although one Marine I know complains they will melt to the receiver on long bursts of full auto. He's a bit weird though.
    That's a pretty serious issue and possibly not related to the mags. Down loading the old aluminum USGI mags to 27 or 28 made sense since they barely fit and pressure from the bolt on the first round could lead to double feeds. But to 23? Push-pull and down loading were eliminated by P-mags. Granted, push-pull is still a good habit to get into but it's not mandatory. It's a solid design so no more widened feed lips and you can safely use it as a monopod without worrying about tilt (which is why you weren't supposed to grip it at the magwell in the first place). The only problem with Pmags is that you can load 31 if aren't paying attention which does cause issues.

If your old box mags are jamming at 24+ then it's time to replace them. If new mags give you the same issue then it's time to check your feed ramps and rails. Are you using a short stroke piston adapter?

edit: Also, your buddy is full of shit. Even the beta mags (when they worked) wouldn't melt to the receiver. They aren't affected by DEET either.

Last edited by Keorythe; October 3 2013 at 01:02:38 AM.

Yeah I have a lot of friends using pinned pmags and I always hear good things

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    [IMG]E-Mag pic[/IMG]

tapa4
    That's a pretty serious issue and possibly not related to the mags. Down loading the old aluminum USGI mags to 27 or 28 made sense since they barely fit and pressure from the bolt on the first round could lead to double feeds. But to 23? Push-pull and down loading were eliminated by P-mags. Granted, push-pull is still a good habit to get into but it's not mandatory. It's a solid design so no more widened feed lips and you can safely use it as a monopod without worrying about tilt (which is why you weren't supposed to grip it at the magwell in the first place). The only problem with Pmags is that you can load 31 if aren't paying attention which does cause issues.

If your old box mags are jamming at 24+ then it's time to replace them. If new mags give you the same issue then it's time to check your feed ramps and rails. Are you using a short stroke piston adapter?

edit: Also, your buddy is full of shit. Even the beta mags (when they worked) wouldn't melt to the receiver. They aren't affected by DEET either.

I haven't touched a metal mag in fucking ages, all P-mags these days. The metal mags I had were -ahem- acquired by said marine friend. Fuck knows how old they were. I trashed them once I started buying Pmags.

Good to know you can't melt a Pmag, but if it's all the same to you, I think I'll just let him go on believing it, I'm not going to be the one to tell him he's a fucking retard on anything except airsoft and missiles.

PMags are the shit. Cheaper and more durable than the competition. Also fairly light weight.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    [IMG]E-Mag pic[/IMG]

tapa4

I haven't touched a metal mag in fucking ages, all P-mags these days. The metal mags I had were -ahem- acquired by said marine friend. Fuck knows how old they were. I trashed them once I started buying Pmags.

Good to know you can't melt a Pmag, but if it's all the same to you, I think I'll just let him go on believing it, I'm not going to be the one to tell him he's a fucking retard on anything except airsoft and missiles.
    Set of metal colt 5.56 were the best I have had, judgement reserved on these till I go down the ranges at the end of the month

tapa4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

smuggo
    IMHO the best upgrade when the L85 went from A1 to A2 was the switch to the HK mags. After the switch I can count the number of stoppages I had on one hand (despite firing many more rounds) and they were all due to damage to the mags. Never handled a P-Mag but having used the HK mags I'm dubious of using something I can't batter a Turk to death with in a pinch (j/k, that was a p good vid, though I doubt the UK issue ones are of the same quality).

Nothing wrong with the HK mags; they are well built and work. Over here us civilians prefer PMags since they are about 1/5th the price, and the military prefers them because they are 1/5th the price and about 20% lighter when loaded.

[IMG]E-Mag pic[/IMG]

tapa4

Can't hear your stupid humor over the sound of dropping 40,000 lbs of water bottles into your DZ to keep you guys alive in the boondocks.........

Don't act like the majority of the Air Force pretends to be weapon experts or something; I handed my M-9 back in at Kandahar and the armory guy asked "did you clean it?" I answered "YUP!" then when he racked the slide a big fuckin 6-month-old ball of dust came cascading out, but it was too late at that point. I was out of that shithole and it wasn't worth the argument for those guys. That goes to show how often we use our weapons. If I ever need a gun in a FOUR ENGINE PLANE shit has gone horribly wrong and I have bigger problems than the details of my mediocre-at-best Air Force weapons training which seems to associated with the perception of the pointy end of our aircrew cadre. Air Force Security Forces are an entirely different breed and you can do with them what you will. I should hand a pleeb one of the 10,000+ pages of documents which regulates how our aircraft operates then criticize them on their inadequacy of knowledge at a later time right?

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Rudder View Post
    Can't hear your stupid humor over the sound of dropping 40,000 lbs of water bottles into your DZ to keep you guys alive in the boondocks.........

Don't act like the majority of the Air Force pretends to be weapon experts or something; I handed my M-9 back in at Kandahar and the armory guy asked "did you clean it?" I answered "YUP!" then when he racked the slide a big fuckin 6-month-old ball of dust came cascading out, but it was too late at that point. I was out of that shithole and it wasn't worth the argument for those guys. That goes to show how often we use our weapons. If I ever need a gun in a FOUR ENGINE PLANE shit has gone horribly wrong and I have bigger problems than the details of my mediocre-at-best Air Force weapons training which seems to associated with the perception of the pointy end of our aircrew cadre. Air Force Security Forces are an entirely different breed and you can do with them what you will. I should hand a pleeb one of the 10,000+ pages of documents which regulates how our aircraft operates then criticize them on their inadequacy of knowledge at a later time right?

Best bite I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Rudder View Post

Best bite I've seen in a while.
    Sorry I that I haven't been up to my game recently.
    nevar forget

I'm pretty sure the origin of that photo is from afghani coalition troops or something, but good posting anyway, folks.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    IMHO the best upgrade when the L85 went from A1 to A2 was the switch to the HK mags. After the switch I can count the number of stoppages I had on one hand (despite firing many more rounds) and they were all due to damage to the mags. Never handled a P-Mag but having used the HK mags I'm dubious of using something I can't batter a Turk to death with in a pinch (j/k, that was a p good vid, though I doubt the UK issue ones are of the same quality).
    If they're actual Magpul they are. There are knockoffs, but AFAICT anything made by Magpul is quality. Some of their products might not make sense to me, but they're quality.

the thing from the buzz buzz

Speaking of pmags, saw this the other day.

Seems like a really good idea to put the grip tape in the recessed areas, but I've never handled a pmag before so who knows. Trying to save up to get an AR soonish.