hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 107 of 245 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4884

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >no proof whatsoever
    >proving wrong

You sure are welcome to provide facts that say AK weapon family isn't the most widespread firearm in human history (and if not then what is) and compare M16A2 vs AK-74M field manuals but i doubt you can go beyond empty baiting.
    Do tell how "uncovering the potential" of the most simplistic gas operated weapon in history is more challenging than "uncovering the potential" of an M4 or M16.
    Because you know, it's harder to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    As for your 10-30 round magazines disassemble convert frame in to a pen holder and place innards in a box labeled "Open in case of revolution/invasion/brown people" and call it a day.
    I find your suggestion incompatible with my lifestyle of sleeping every night clutching my loaded arsenal, tactical vest equipped, between confederate flag sheets.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

HEY RAZOR!

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GET ME AN AK-12!!!!!!

That is all. I do really want one.

>no proof whatsoever
    >proving wrong

You sure are welcome to provide facts that say AK weapon family isn't the most widespread firearm in human history (and if not then what is) and compare M16A2 vs AK-74M field manuals but i doubt you can go beyond empty baiting.
    Do tell how "uncovering the potential" of the most simplistic gas operated weapon in history is more challenging than "uncovering the potential" of an M4 or M16.
    Allow me:

One is Russian, so he masturbates over it regularly. The other is not. So learning it, even if it is the most likely thing you'll end up using, is not as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

You are so high on freedom in here i don't even have to mention russian firearms to get razorbashing going on.

How about this:

Reliable, accurate, ergonomical. Magazine and the grenade launcher are pieces of shit though which is a shame.

I honestly can't understand the advocates of aluminum-plastic stick that chokes on it's own gases and struggles with feeding when there are dozens of better designs out there.
    If you want MADE IN USA that bad then get something Garand-based like AC556.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 24 2013 at 05:37:36 PM.

If the proposed federal law passes, do I follow it? Or the state law? :trollface:

I honestly can't understand the advocates of aluminum-plastic stick that chokes on it's own gases and struggles with feeding when there are dozens of better designs out there.
    Ah razor. You're such a yokel. And you can't use language barrier as an excuse for not understanding what's being said, because I know you understand english better than that.

Nobody said anything about which gun was better (I certainly didn't). I was purely making fun of your tunnel vision and how you need to make everything about your glorious revolution. It's like someone said he was learning to drive a car in the UK, and you jumped in and told him to learn to drive on the right side of the road to make best use of the most common cars in the world.

But yes yes, do go on arguing with yourself about direct gas impingement and hey, maybe we can get into what that means again for another few pages.
    Last edited by Frug; January 24 2013 at 07:56:19 PM.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

You are so high on freedom in here i don't even have to mention russian firearms to get razorbashing going on.
    If there's no AK it's not training.
    Because, you know, at the end of the day it's the most widespread weapon family.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    If the proposed federal law passes, do I follow it? Or the state law? :trollface:
    Follow neither, but be sure to stream the resulting standoff with the authorities for our amusement. We could even start parallel betting pools for how long you'll hold out vs how much of your block will get leveled in the process.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Or buy a Ruger. Literally made from chunk(s) of metal to gun all in one of 2 places - both in the USA.(And we even cast/forge or w/e it's called the metal on site as well. Those guys have the worst job. ><)

(Goes back to hiding as despite building guns for a liviing, knows probably less than some ppl in this thread) (tho my coworkers would prob put every one of u to shame) :P
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Direct gas impingement = lighter weight where it matters most
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Or buy a Ruger.
    Oh god no.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    lighter weight
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

hahah

Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Idgi, what I said is true
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Movember 2012
    Fired guns for the first time recently. AR-15. Don't really get what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Fired guns for the first time recently. AR-15. Don't really get what all the fuss is about to be honest.
    Its about a group of people who decided they can run everyone's lives by electing knee jerk idiots to carry out their will.

That or shooting the government.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Or buy a Ruger.
    Oh god no.
    I never got the irrational hate for them. I know a guy who has literally millions of rounds through his 80's Mini. I handled their new 1911 at the local place a couple weeks ago and it was stupid nice, far nicer than the Springfields and Remingtons they had, and a good bit cheaper, like Taurus cheap. Some of their older pistol designs are pretty terrible though (seriously, slide mounted safety, the fuck?). Everything I've heard about their piston AR's has been positive as well, especially for the money. And obviously, 10/22, enough said.

I dono, is there some horrible secret I don't know about? Frames forged in orphan blood? The way things are looking, my next few guns will probably be Rugers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire View Post
    Really? Where did you fire it? How was the training? I'm a good canadian and hate guns, but learning to use them was damn fun, and a little frightening having strangers around me wielding them.

Admittedly the pistols were way more fun and required more skill than the assault rifle (which was this weird one called a KRISS Vector which was something like an ar15 on easy mode from what I can tell). I can't imagine a male with testicles not finding it exciting.

Or maybe if your testicles are big enough, it becomes boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    the assault rifle (which was this weird one called a KRISS Vector which was something like an ar15 on easy mode from what I can tell).
    Sry brah but all KRISS Vectors fire pistol rounds.

So basically your point is re-enforced further, you had a blast and you were not even firing a rifle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Direct gas impingement = See Filthy 14

44,000 rounds fired.

The EAG training guys have a series of rifles that they use for T&E (testing and evaluation). They don't clean them and really just spray some lube into the chamber. They hand them out to people who come in for the shooting classes in order to get the high round counts. On average you blow through 1k rounds per class. They push the rifles to the breaking point to test longetivity or the parts and accessories that are bolted on (one Surefire light has worked flawlessly after 7k rounds). #14 had the highest round count of the group before it was retired and sent back to BCM to be disassembled and examined. #70 is right behind #14 and there are other rifles that are further down the line but racking up round counts. All in all, they're breaking a lot of myths about DI guns and the M-16 platform in general. The Filthy 14 caused the entire US military to rethink it's maintenance procedures and instead of making rifles bone dry or using very little lube, they now proscribe much much greater amounts. Ironically, this isn't anything new to either the Russians nor Afghani's who have never been one to short change lube.

The combination of carbon and lube create (wait for it)…filth. It is so dirty that, while sitting in the rifle rack, it is almost a biohazard. The filth oozes out and contaminates other carbines adjacent to it.
    We received the carbine in late 2008 and put #14 into service shortly thereafter.

At Brady, Texas, in March 2009, it suffered a malfunction, which was reduced with Immediate Action. The bolt was wiped down at 6,450 rounds.

At Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, in May 2009, it had several failures to extract, and the extractor spring was replaced at 13,010 rounds. This is far beyond the normal extractor spring life under these conditions.

At Wamego, Kansas, in June 2009, two bolt lugs broke at 16,400 rounds. We replaced the BCG. Considering the firing schedule, this is within normal parameters.

At Columbus, Ohio, in November 2009, we had several failures to extract at 24,450 rounds. The shooter gave it a field cleaning and replaced the extractor and extractor spring.

At 28,905 rounds, we finally cleaned Filthy 14. As part of our year-end maintenance schedule, we inspect and replace parts as necessary. Filthy 14 looked like the inside of the crankcase of Uncle Ed’s ’49 Packard. It was disgusting to look at and contaminated everything near it, somewhat like the toner cartridges for old printers.

I plopped it into a parts washer filled with Slip 725 parts cleaner, and 20 minutes later it was clean. Mostly clean, anyway.

We have never used a bore brush in the barrel of this gun. We did run a patch down the barrel twice, but that was all. At 50 yards it still shoots two-inch groups, and we understand that it might not at 100 yards and beyond, but we are happy with the fact that, even at 50 yards, the gun is capable of tighter groups than most of the people running it.

We have never used a chamber brush in this gun either. We were often told that this was an absolute must.

Sure…

At the last class in Casa Grande, Arizona, at approximately 30,000 rounds, we had several failures to extract. We replaced the extractor spring and wiped down the BCG.

Last edited by Keorythe; January 25 2013 at 06:21:09 PM. Reason: added extra pic