hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 106 of 245 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4884

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

  1. #2101
    Tordin Varglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,206
    I hope your homemade gun blows up in your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

  2. #2102

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    shotgun shells aren't exactly the most high-pressure rounds, but yea, I wouldn't trust ye standard (cast?) plumbing pipe for any high-brass loads. Or any loads for that matter; but they have been proven to survive atleast one shot, which is probably all you would need in any real scenario for a zip gun.

  3. #2103
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,595

    Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

    Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    What I want to know is, where do I go to get compensated for the value of my private property they just destroyed?
    Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    I can sell it out of state, to a dealer, for 12months.
    And what do you think a dealer is going to give me for a gun he knows I **HAVE** to sell? A fair price?
    Erm, you don't have to sell it, you specifically stated that you would be able to pass the gun down within the family so they didn't destroy shit.

    Also, what is stopping you from selling out of state in 12 months? Thats an unenforcible rule.

    fone poastin

  4. #2104
    dpidcoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29, 2011
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Thats an unenforcible rule.
    The problem with unenforcable rules is that:
    1) they're unenforcable
    2) they're stupid (if confused on this point, see #1)
    3) they tend to be arbitrarily enforced

  5. #2105
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Thats an unenforcible rule.
    The problem with unenforcable rules is that:
    1) they're unenforcable
    2) they're stupid (if confused on this point, see #1)
    3) they tend to be arbitrarily enforced
    It's unenforceable because it is a state law, if he wants to sell the weapon after the law is ratified and being enforced he just takes it to a state which doesn't outlaw its sale. He isn't under house arrest FFS, he just lives in a state that is going to have restrictive gun laws. It only effects him until the state line.

    edit: affect/effect/afuckt/efuckt

  6. #2106
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,595
    As for your 10-30 round magazines disassemble convert frame in to a pen holder and place innards in a box labeled "Open in case of revolution/invasion/brown people" and call it a day.

  7. #2107
    Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    As for your 10-30 round magazines disassemble convert frame in to a pen holder and place innards in a box labeled "Open in case of revolution/invasion/brown people" and call it a day.
    I'd look at the specifics of the law. Here in California there's grandfathered 30 round mags (anything before 2000) and pinned 30 round mags that can only hold 10 rounds. Hell, most of the people I know with assault rifles either say they owned the mags before 2000 or have pinned mags. Good thing about pinned mags is that is takes 5 seconds to pop the pin out so you can fight the hordes of illegal aliens.

    Something tells me indeterminacy's FFL or whatever was taking the piss maybe trying to get him to sell his gun off cheap so the dude can make a buck. But I'm a cynical fuck.

  8. #2108
    Takon Orlani's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

    Maybe. There are asshole gun store owners out there. I avoid them at all costs.

  9. #2109
    dpidcoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29, 2011
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by F*** My Aunt Rita View Post
    Something tells me indeterminacy's FFL or whatever was taking the piss maybe trying to get him to sell his gun off cheap so the dude can make a buck. But I'm a cynical fuck.
    Yeah, lots of gun store owners (also mechanics and computer store owners for some reason) are pedantic assholes, the guy also could have been blowing the law out of proportion just for the sake of blowing it out of proportion.

    But then gun laws are usually convoluted and badly written by people who probably don't know which end to point at a target, so either explanation would be equally unsurprising to me.

  10. #2110
    OrangeAfroMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20, 2011
    Posts
    7,376

    Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

    So I've decided to sell my Glock 26 and get a .22 pistol for plinking and small game hunting; I'm thinking about the Ruger heavy barreled hunting model, something like this

    http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIHunter/models.html

    Then I will likely sell my Glock 20 (10mm auto) in favor of something in .454 Casull. Not totally decided on the caliber though.... Its mostly for hunting. Likely a Ruger Blackhawk.
    Actually an '06.

    EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

    www.twitch.tv/oameve

  11. #2111
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,449

    AW: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

    Fucking tapatalk. Looked like a double post.

    Here we go again.

    I'm going to a reservist shooting training with a colleague in the spring. He is a reservist with the Bundeswehr and can bring a civilian along to the annual reservist shooting training. I never went to a gun range here as it is rather expensive and the people shooting here are conservative at best, ultra right at the worst end. At the reserve shooting exercise it's army and police only pretty much. And more interesting weapons.

    I am quite excited.

    Posted from my phone by tapatalk.
    Last edited by Joe Appleby; January 23 2013 at 10:09:47 AM.
    nevar forget

  12. #2112
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,197
    If there's no AK it's not training.
    Because, you know, at the end of the day it's the most widespread weapon family.

    just sayin'
    Last edited by RazoR; January 23 2013 at 10:34:34 AM.

  13. #2113

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,594
    The beauty of the AK is you don't need training to shoot it.

  14. #2114
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,197
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleBravo View Post
    The beauty of the AK is you don't need training to shoot it.
    As if you need training to press the trigger of M16.

    It may not have a 100 page manual describing emergency maintenance in events of misfeed and misfire but uncovering it's potential is harder.

  15. #2115
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    If there's no AK it's not training.
    Because, you know, at the end of the day it's the most widespread weapon family.

    just sayin'
    Rzr in "how can i make this about something Russian"

  16. #2116
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229

    Re: Gun Thread (ar-15 everywhere)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    If there's no AK it's not training.
    Because, you know, at the end of the day it's the most widespread weapon family.

    just sayin'
    Rzr in "how can i make this about something Russian so i can claim it's superior then run when someone proves me wrong"
    FTFY

    the thing from the buzz buzz

  17. #2117
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,197
    >no proof whatsoever
    >proving wrong

    You sure are welcome to provide facts that say AK weapon family isn't the most widespread firearm in human history (and if not then what is) and compare M16A2 vs AK-74M field manuals but i doubt you can go beyond empty baiting.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 23 2013 at 09:10:39 PM.

  18. #2118
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    today's C&H cracked me up


  19. #2119
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >no proof whatsoever
    >proving wrong

    You sure are welcome to provide facts that say AK weapon family isn't the most widespread firearm in human history (and if not then what is) and compare M16A2 vs AK-74M field manuals but i doubt you can go beyond empty baiting.
    Do tell how "uncovering the potential" of the most simplistic gas operated weapon in history is more challenging than "uncovering the potential" of an M4 or M16.

  20. #2120
    dpidcoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29, 2011
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    4,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >no proof whatsoever
    >proving wrong

    You sure are welcome to provide facts that say AK weapon family isn't the most widespread firearm in human history (and if not then what is) and compare M16A2 vs AK-74M field manuals but i doubt you can go beyond empty baiting.
    Do tell how "uncovering the potential" of the most simplistic gas operated weapon in history is more challenging than "uncovering the potential" of an M4 or M16.
    I'd also point to a few pages back and that discussion about the weight of that stupid russian pistol that I can't remember the name of.

    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    today's C&H cracked me up

    This is what I think about your katans:
    Last edited by dpidcoe; January 24 2013 at 05:15:15 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •