hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 209 of 212 FirstFirst ... 109159199206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4235

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

that's a k98 m8

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    that's a k98 m8

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Country music concert?

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Leave it to the russians to design something so stupid. Turning the bullets around in a belt feeder because russian proletariat too stupid. Almost as stupid as designing automatic weapons with belt feed for rimmed cartridges that need to be pulled out and inserted instead of just being pushed out (shit rim in the way). No one in their right mind would do that! Oh wait!!!!
    Isn't pulling a more consistent and reliable mechanism in general than pushing?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Leave it to the russians to design something so stupid. Turning the bullets around in a belt feeder because russian proletariat too stupid. Almost as stupid as designing automatic weapons with belt feed for rimmed cartridges that need to be pulled out and inserted instead of just being pushed out (shit rim in the way). No one in their right mind would do that! Oh wait!!!!
    More so if you got sand in your vagina belt.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Consider the fact that the bullet must be pushed into the chamber from the rear anyway. So "non rimmed/russian" machineguns just push the bullet forward out of the belt/link directly into the chamber, usually via the boltface since most machineguns are open bolt design.
    "Rimmed/Russian" designs have a claw like mechanism that pulls the bullet out to the rear then travels the entire way forward again UNDER the belt to push the round into the chamber.
    Regarding the "Sand" internet-argument, its far more likely to have a rim bent or break preventing successful extraction than an obstruction that would prevent pushing not to work, simply because you push on the entire case of the cartridge rather than partially gripping a slim rim. And push designs also allow for more robust disintegrating belt designs, I know this is not something le russians with their metal reusable belts love... but we stupid westerners with our larger "money pockets" cherish. There is nothing more annoying than half a metre used belt hanging off a gun. This used belt is usually far less reliable than "factory sealed disintegrating belts" That said, russian machineguns are still super reliable, they are just built stupidly to accept their lol18999 cartridge.

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

>UK doesn't get any fun guns

(Jersey has some weird firearms laws compared to the UK though afaik)

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

>UK doesn't get any fun guns

(Jersey has some weird firearms laws compared to the UK though afaik)
    Aren't they basically the same as pre Hungerford/Dunblaine? I.E. centrefire semi-autos and handguns are ok?

Tfw no right arm of the free world

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Tfw no right arm of the free world

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    all about that DSA SA58 SBR

That is, you know, really gross lookin', bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    That is, you know, really gross lookin', bud.
    look mate Rhodesia is gone XD :P

Those do look really bad.

Now bad@botes

Ooh, so rails are ok on an AK but not on FAL?

I personally would not want to fire 7.62 NATO out of a barrel that short but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    all about that DSA SA58 SBR
    Not convinced you can properly add an optic to a FAL with that rail. I know USAmarketing will preach forever how great it is, but its going to have you die one death or the other in regards to functionality over a modern platform. You can already see how the eotech sits right in front of the irons sightline.

I actually "finally" managed to get a rail on my AK that is a) not a shitty airsoft top cover rail b) not using the god awful side rail c) still allows co witness with the built in iron sights.

Its the "Ultimak" Gas Tube replacement that is screwed directly to the barrel. But you still have to die your death. Its not a free floater and you have hard time cleaning the front gas system as easily, however its not such a big deal to me. Finally a way to have a compact reddot on the AK without making the gun gargantuan in size and bulk or using flimsy shit cover flapts with pica rails, who are just ANNOYING when trying to clean the system since the optic weight is a piece of shit always in the way.

Heres a generic pic, may snap a pic of my gun tmrw or so:

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    I personally would not want to fire 7.62 NATO out of a barrel that short but YMMV.
    I'm up for it - no brows anyway.

Since when rails were OK on AK?!?

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    I used to know a guy who worked maritime security who used a cut down G3 that looked like an MP5K on steroids apparently they kept them onboard incase they needed to shoot through walls XD i think he just spent too much time on the sea around africa and started going a tad doolappy :s broken wrists perforated eardrums and a 30ft fireball on every shot XD. not to mention the fucking recoil meaning a follow up shot is going to go through the ceiling.