hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 226 of 232 FirstFirst ... 126176216223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4624

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

  1. #4501
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

    blank rounds going down range
    :thonking:
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  2. #4502
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

    blank rounds going down range
    :thonking:
    Poor choice of words...


  3. #4503
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,925


    G36 is actually great non-shocker.

  4. #4504
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,745
    not gun related but probably the most fitting thread.

    just boughtmy first bow, went for a 45lb recurve bow.

  5. #4505
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,131
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    not gun related but probably the most fitting thread.

    just boughtmy first bow, went for a 45lb recurve bow.
    45 lb is what I used at Boy Scout camp. I mean, it was okay...but 60 is where it gets fun.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  6. #4506
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,040
    There is a lot of false macho idiocy about bows, higher draw weight does not necessarily mean better archery

    Olympic archers shoot 40 to 50lbs usually.

    The fun is in the sheer autism of properly tuning a bow, getting the brace height and nock positions perfect for your technique and shooting really tight groups while the meatheads in the club are shooting 20 inch groups with noisy, vibey bows at 70lbs because they think it's better.

    I used to do a lot of archery


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  7. #4507
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,546
    Is bow hunting legal in the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  8. #4508
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,040
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  9. #4509
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Is bow hunting legal in the UK?
    nope even vermin cant be controlled with them

    so its a 45 min walk to my local shooting club which would be great if i could still walk for that long with out needing the loo ive assembled the bow but havnt strung it as i dont have a stringer and its a little too tough to do by hand. The string it came with is garbage too so im probably going to order a stringer, new string, a riser before i go.

  10. #4510
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    The fun is in the sheer autism of properly tuning a bow, getting the brace height and nock positions perfect for your technique
    I am now suddenly interested in taking up Archery.

  11. #4511
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,422
    Heres me thinking a 45lb bow weighed 45lbs...

  12. #4512
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Heres me thinking a 45lb bow weighed 45lbs...
    That would require some impressive arm strength to do extended

  13. #4513
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Heres me thinking a 45lb bow weighed 45lbs...
    That would require some impressive arm strength to do extended
    Could be an interesting event in worlds strongest man, 45lb bow with 200lb draw weight siege weapon round...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #4514
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Heres me thinking a 45lb bow weighed 45lbs...
    That would require some impressive arm strength to do extended
    Could be an interesting event in worlds strongest man, 45lb bow with 200lb draw weight siege weapon round...
    Fun fact: Hawkeye uses a 200-lb draw bow.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  15. #4515
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    The fun is in the sheer autism of properly tuning a bow, getting the brace height and nock positions perfect for your technique
    I am now suddenly interested in taking up Archery.
    It's really fun but it's kind of a money pit (I guess not relative to other things but back then it was expensive for me)

    If you think about it a bow is much like a single string musical instrument, it has to be tuned or it won't perform well and the limbs hold quite a lot of energy so a badly set up bow will be really nasty to shoot with vibrations going every which way.

    I recommend doing some, it's usually very cheap and easy to get started. It just gets expensive when you start setting up your own bow


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  16. #4516
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head
    What's the legal basis, if any, for this? How does the energy from a good bow/crossbow compare to that of a rifle?


  17. #4517
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head
    What's the legal basis, if any, for this? How does the energy from a good bow/crossbow compare to that of a rifle?
    like a fat boy to the tsar bomb

    ok maybe a topol IRV

  18. #4518
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head
    What's the legal basis, if any, for this? How does the energy from a good bow/crossbow compare to that of a rifle?
    Maybe it has something to do with bullets providing consistent performance, while archery is highly dependent on the archer and equipment used.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  19. #4519
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head
    What's the legal basis, if any, for this? How does the energy from a good bow/crossbow compare to that of a rifle?
    Maybe it has something to do with bullets providing consistent performance, while archery is highly dependent on the archer and equipment used.
    Hunting with bows is legal in parts of the US is it not? Just because a bullet provides a consistent performance it doesn't mean the shooter will.

    I'm not saying the law isn't sensible, just questioning the basis.


  20. #4520
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Nope

    In England and Wales all game must be taken with firearms, Scotland also but with slightly higher minimum calibre requirements that I don't recall off the top of my head
    What's the legal basis, if any, for this? How does the energy from a good bow/crossbow compare to that of a rifle?
    Maybe it has something to do with bullets providing consistent performance, while archery is highly dependent on the archer and equipment used.
    Hunting with bows is legal in parts of the US is it not? Just because a bullet provides a consistent performance it doesn't mean the shooter will.

    I'm not saying the law isn't sensible, just questioning the basis.
    It's in the 1963 deer act, guns only. I really have no idea why

    Air rifles and falcons are permitted for (some) birds but nothing else

    edit for DA LAW:

      Spoiler:


    3: Unlawful weapons, etc.

    (1)Subject to sections 10 and 11 of this Act, if any person—

    (a)sets in position any of the following articles, being an article which is of such a nature and so placed as to be calculated to cause bodily injury to any deer corning in contact therewith, that is to say, any trap, snare, or poisoned or stupefying bait; or

    (b)uses for the purpose of killing or taking any deer any such article as aforesaid, whether or not of such a nature and so placed as aforesaid, or any net; or

    (c)uses for the purpose of injuring or killing or taking any deer—

    (i)any firearm or ammunition mentioned in Schedule 2 to this Act;

    (ii)any arrow, spear or similar missile ;

    (iii)any missile, whether discharged from a firearm or otherwise, carrying or containing any poison, stupefying drug or muscle-relaxing agent,he shall be guilty of an offence.

    (2)Subject to the next following subsection, if any person—

    (a)discharges any firearm, or projects any missile, from any mechanically propelled vehicle at any deer; or

    (b)uses any mechanically propelled vehicle for the purpose of driving deer,he shall be guilty of an offence.

    (3)The last foregoing subsection shall not apply to anything done by, or with the written authority of, the occupier of any enclosed land where deer are usually kept in relation to deer on that land.

    (4)The Secretary of State may by order amend the said Schedule 2 by adding any firearm or ammunition or by altering the description of, or deleting, any firearm or ammunition mentioned in that Schedule.

    Last edited by Paradox; January 9 2019 at 06:53:46 PM.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •