hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 232 of 233 FirstFirst ... 132182222229230231232233 LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 4644

Thread: Gun Thread (AK appreciation)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    having the same problems as the actual attempts at designing military railguns i see.

the whole "it works great, except the gun self-destructs in the process" is amusing and terrifying at the same time.
    To be fair, it was held together (poorly) with clamps, instead of being bolted or screwed on.
    clamping stuff together so you know where it's going to fail and how is a perfectly legitimate way to construct something.
    and a damn sight less dangerous than sheared bolt heads flying about.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

having the same problems as the actual attempts at designing military railguns i see.

the whole "it works great, except the gun self-destructs in the process" is amusing and terrifying at the same time.
    clamping stuff together so you know where it's going to fail and how is a perfectly legitimate way to construct something.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

He's saying it was constructed in order to deconstruct in a predictable way, which makes sense.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

>modern firearms

Always bring a RPG to a gun fight.

For every one Jamsheed there are around 1000000 Abu Hajaar though...

Belarus KGB Alpha operator with bubba’d VSS

Wait, doing that with the scopes works?

yes, it works just fine.

the back is a magnified optic, the front is a thermal one, same principle as putting a Eotech G33 behind a Aimpoint M4, shit sucks because it's heavier than a dedicated optic and a C79 does both things better with three rubber stubs and some paint splotches.

it's not as neato as the SpecterDRs that got adopted 2 years ago tho, push lever->4x magnification->push lever->no magnification, fucking sorcery-magic-thingies.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Mildly gun-related on the off-chance that any of you nerds actually go outside:

I'm moving to Central Oregon where getting a rifle tag for deer is a lottery, bow however is open season.
    Plan is starting next September to start bow-hunting. Anyone done it before, got any tips, what kind of kit I should look into?

Joining the bunker-dwelling crowd, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Mildly gun-related on the off-chance that any of you nerds actually go outside:

I'm moving to Central Oregon where getting a rifle tag for deer is a lottery, bow however is open season.
    Plan is starting next September to start bow-hunting. Anyone done it before, got any tips, what kind of kit I should look into?
    Find some local instructors if you haven't done it before, they won't be hard to find in Oregon. Bow hunting's pretty fun, doesn't require earplugs, and there's a great community around archery outside of hunting. If you're doing deer hunting you don't have to have a tree stand but why be on the ground like a peasant when you don't have to be?

For buying/selling/trading stuff https://www.archerytalk.com/ is great.

Crossbows or compounds, you would get flak for using a crossbow, but it's more power behind the shot, more accurate, and more humane when you can't use a gun.
    Last edited by Spaztick; September 5 2019 at 06:18:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Crossbows or compounds, you would get flak for using a crossbow, but it's more power behind the shot, more accurate, and more humane when you can't use a gun.
    hahaha you bow casul, real men spear strangle their prey

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    i knew a guy who went spear hunt wild boar a few years back gashed him up nasty. But he was a nut job who then said he wanted to try with just a knife when he went back. lost touch with him after i left that clan ...thank fuck XD crazy mfer.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i knew a guy who went spear hunt wild boar a few years back gashed him up nasty. But he was a nut job who then said he wanted to try with just a knife when he went back. lost touch with him after i left that clan ...thank fuck XD crazy mfer.

Was his name Baratheon, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Was his name Baratheon, by any chance?
    His name was Bull Hockey and he communicated only through sign language

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    probably was bs its not like i was motivated to fact check some autist on teamspeak who i was playing arma 2 with XD.

Perfect for home defense...

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Perfect for home defense...
    Shoot that in your home and you'll have no home left to defend

Means you had a weak home.