hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography Megathread

Some picture from last weeks fi-shing trip to north west Sweden.
    Its a mix of me and Leafo (yep, the one and only) taking the pictures, generally mine are the ones that are over exposed.
    Panoramas made in PS and most pics are polished to try and fix said exposure and some other stuff.
    All pictures taken with pocket cams, mine being an old piece of crap and Leafos being a brand new PowerShot of some sort.

Size difference has to do with something and also that Leafo have done them that way. Deal with it. :P

Jonas waiting to get picked up with our boat(s)

Heading out, early morning

Pieces of an old "pier". Leafo goes artsy

One of many, many reindeers

Me overlooking the rapids, trying to figure out where them trouts are at

59m3 of water/s makes for rather big/very fast rapids, water level 2m above normal due to heavy raining in the weeks before

Scenery, day time

Scenery, evening time
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; August 30 2011 at 12:10:46 AM. Reason: Fuckin deer...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Scenery, evening time
    Loving the light against the clouds.

To not post without a picture, have a random (stray or some neighbour's, dunno, just shows up at my place occasionally) cat:

Looking like it's about to claw your eyes out, but just went ahead and brushed up against my legs meowing for attention/food. :3
    Last edited by zergl; September 4 2011 at 05:07:07 PM.

that's actually a really awesome photo Enjoying the dof in it, and the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greme View Post
    that's actually a really awesome photo Enjoying the dof in it, and the eyes.
    I'm so sick and tired of cat photos. Which is why it has to be extra good for me to even admit it's a good photo. And it is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So jealous of all of you. My father's "expertise" is nothing compared to you people.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    There be side boob
      Spoiler:

Boobies and overblown skin. Cause my model was pale and i manage natural light poorly. I like it though, goes with her personality.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Jason Marshall; September 5 2011 at 01:38:40 AM.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of cat photos. Which is why it has to be extra good for me to even admit it's a good photo. And it is excellent.

I got to agree with Frug, there are so many cat images floating around, but this one stands out. I really like the feel of depth in the image, where the head is very sharp, while the rest of the cat is blurry, but still sharp enough that you can make out its contours. Coupled with the green eyes that stare right in the lens - beutiful.

I hope you got the RAW file for this, there is some interesting post processing tweaks I can think off that would make for some interesting variations

Them eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

I got to agree with Frug, there are so many cat images floating around, but this one stands out. I really like the feel of depth in the image, where the head is very sharp, while the rest of the cat is blurry, but still sharp enough that you can make out its contours. Coupled with the green eyes that stare right in the lens - beutiful.
    Haha, thanks guys, I'm actually a bit flattered by this unanimous approval. I obviously liked it myself or I wouldn't have bothered posting (or even post-processing) it but I didn't expect anything past an "awwww kitten" response.

I admittedly (and I guess obviously as well) already helped the eyes along in Lightroom (turned the eye's saturation up to eleven with the adjustment brush, maybe overdoing it a wee bit actually) to make them stand out as they do, but that's the only "invasive" post processing done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    I hope you got the RAW file for this, there is some interesting post processing tweaks I can think off that would make for some interesting variations
    Obviously.

I can put it on my dropbox it if you want to play around with it, I'd be curious to see what you would come up with.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator
    Actually, I had this concept planned where every now and then someone post a raw and we all do our take on post processing it.

Does that sound like a fun and interesting idea or just dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Hast View Post
    Actually, I had this concept planned where every now and then someone post a raw and we all do our take on post processing it.

Kind of like photoshop tennis!

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hast View Post

Sounds like a cool idea!

Quote Originally Posted by zergl View Post
    I can put it on my dropbox it if you want to play around with it, I'd be curious to see what you would come up with.
    I suggest Zergl's cat image be the first template!

I could start the ball rolling with this cr2 here.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Greme View Post
    I could start the ball rolling with this cr2 here.
    im terrible at this.

http://i.imgur.com/rzxfM.jpg
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

My plan of taking many photos this summer has failed horribly, with zero taken in the past 3+months

Had hoped to take some these past couple weeks, but my days off the weather has been atrocious. Will probably bite the bullet tomoz and snap a few photos as long as its dry, even if other conditions are not ideal.

resurrection tiem

So, winter is approaching and so does the eternal darkness of the Norwegian winter. To prepare for this I have bought a flash unit, a tripod and an external timer/remote.

So I'm going to attempt various fun things this winter, mostly involving low light.

To start off I went out tonight with my tripod and the remote to try and get some nighttime pictures. I found it more fun to point the camera at the sky and here is the result so far.

It was a bit windy and it was kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing so the branches on the trees were not cooperative and I did not bring anything to weigh my tripod down.

Not the best but it is a start...

and this one is apptly titled "ginger in the night (its a plane in the background)

Like I said on IRC. If you had a light to illuminate yer man's face in the last one it'd have been more pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Buceph View Post
    Like I said on IRC. If you had a light to illuminate yer man's face in the last one it'd have been more pro.
    yep, I agree. I left what I thought I would not need at home (which was my flash amongst other things) and what isn't really visible in the pictures is that it is pitch fucking black. :P