hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286875767778
Results 1,541 to 1,546 of 1546

Thread: Photography Megathread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Winter is coming. Sooon...ish!

Służew, Warsaw
    by Sławomir Śliwka, on Flickr
    Love this. This is a scan from print, right?

All of my uploads here (and on flickr) are digitally edited scans of negatives. Soon I will sort out my darkroom stuff and I will start making real prints, though it will take time to learn how to process them to mimick this look I've been going for with digital edits. Or I'll adopt a different style altogether, hard to say now

But yeah, the whole point of going film for me is to make photos that you can touch and see in detail in person (as this is a wholy different experience compared to viewing it on monitor). And to give it away to my friends or family. I'm aware you can do it with a dedicated printer, but buying ink and a quality printer itself is way beyond my financial capabilities (it's god damm expensive).

And thx for the praise, from my folks it's usually "wow, you messed up again an otherwise good photo"
    Last edited by Venec; September 13 2017 at 08:49:03 PM.

The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    All of my uploads here (and on flickr) are digitally edited scans of negatives. Soon I will sort out my darkroom stuff and I will start making real prints, though it will take time to learn how to process them to mimick this look I've been going for with digital edits. Or I'll adopt a different style altogether, hard to say now

But yeah, the whole point of going film for me is to make photos that you can touch and see in detail in person (as this is a wholy different experience compared to viewing it on monitor). And to give it away to my friends or family. I'm aware you can do it with a dedicated printer, but buying ink and a quality printer itself is way beyond my financial capabilities (it's god damm expensive).

And thx for the praise, from my folks it's usually "wow, you messed up again an otherwise good photo"
    Yeah I've been churning out a lot of prints since I got my enlarger. Took the Yashica with me to a dinner party the family held for me back in may when I had my birthday and to hand out some old school prints I made myself afterwards where really rewarding. It's a lot of work though compared to digital processing. But it's worth it.

And I really like the contrasty style you are going for. Not ruining the photos at all imo.

People want monochrome and I'm here to give them what they want.

Color version:
      Spoiler:

Some friends of mine organized their own festival. In the rainy weather about 500 people showed up.
    I took a lot of photos and finally done editing them. Now I have to start working on the videos :3
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Agatha
    by Sławomir Śliwka, on Flickr