hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1554

Thread: Photography Megathread

  1. #1521
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Taken at my college - my logistics professor

    Prof. Logistics by Jolin Ires, on Flickr
    Pls learn the cropping rules, photo's not entirely bad but:
    - bad crop/framing;
    - needs more DOF, stuff in the background is distracting;
    - dude in the t-shirt is out of focus; you need to teach them to pose properly so that they're both in reasonable focus.

    About cropping:
      Spoiler:


    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

  2. #1522
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Taken at my college - my logistics professor

    Prof. Logistics by Jolin Ires, on Flickr
    It was ofc done by someone who was educated at an all-womens college.

  3. #1523
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,917
    @Cosmin
    I never understood the cropping of the upper part of the head. Does it not look weird?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  4. #1524

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,235


    Back from a two week roadtrip to Norway. 5k km/3.1k miles.

    Here's my picks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shuko/...57685618850343
    All the 240ish: https://miika.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Travel/Norway+2017/

    PS. Cropping top of the head works fine when you are going for a close-up portrait. In a more distant/wide shot like that one, it's weird.

  5. #1525
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,917
    I like that pictures with the red tent.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  6. #1526
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,210

  7. #1527
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,210

  8. #1528

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,235



  9. #1529
    halka's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19, 2011
    Location
    SVK
    Posts
    1,939

    from sis' wedding

    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

  10. #1530

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,235

  11. #1531
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,210
    Winter is coming. Sooon...ish!



    Służew, Warsaw
    by Sławomir Śliwka, on Flickr

  12. #1532
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,484
    And here I thought Yosemite looked really nice, being a glacial valley surrounded by massive granite walls... Norway is literally made up of them.

  13. #1533

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    And here I thought Yosemite looked really nice, being a glacial valley surrounded by massive granite walls... Norway is literally made up of them.
    Yep, Norway <3


  14. #1534
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,481
    holy shit needless B/W is strong itt

  15. #1535
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    holy shit needless B/W is strong itt

  16. #1536
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Winter is coming. Sooon...ish!



    Służew, Warsaw
    by Sławomir Śliwka, on Flickr
    Love this. This is a scan from print, right?

  17. #1537
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,210
    All of my uploads here (and on flickr) are digitally edited scans of negatives. Soon I will sort out my darkroom stuff and I will start making real prints, though it will take time to learn how to process them to mimick this look I've been going for with digital edits. Or I'll adopt a different style altogether, hard to say now

    But yeah, the whole point of going film for me is to make photos that you can touch and see in detail in person (as this is a wholy different experience compared to viewing it on monitor). And to give it away to my friends or family. I'm aware you can do it with a dedicated printer, but buying ink and a quality printer itself is way beyond my financial capabilities (it's god damm expensive).

    And thx for the praise, from my folks it's usually "wow, you messed up again an otherwise good photo"
    Last edited by Venec; September 13 2017 at 09:49:03 PM.

  18. #1538
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,917


    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  19. #1539
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    All of my uploads here (and on flickr) are digitally edited scans of negatives. Soon I will sort out my darkroom stuff and I will start making real prints, though it will take time to learn how to process them to mimick this look I've been going for with digital edits. Or I'll adopt a different style altogether, hard to say now

    But yeah, the whole point of going film for me is to make photos that you can touch and see in detail in person (as this is a wholy different experience compared to viewing it on monitor). And to give it away to my friends or family. I'm aware you can do it with a dedicated printer, but buying ink and a quality printer itself is way beyond my financial capabilities (it's god damm expensive).

    And thx for the praise, from my folks it's usually "wow, you messed up again an otherwise good photo"
    Yeah I've been churning out a lot of prints since I got my enlarger. Took the Yashica with me to a dinner party the family held for me back in may when I had my birthday and to hand out some old school prints I made myself afterwards where really rewarding. It's a lot of work though compared to digital processing. But it's worth it.

    And I really like the contrasty style you are going for. Not ruining the photos at all imo.

  20. #1540
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,917
    People want monochrome and I'm here to give them what they want.




    Color version:
      Spoiler:





    Some friends of mine organized their own festival. In the rainy weather about 500 people showed up.
    I took a lot of photos and finally done editing them. Now I have to start working on the videos :3
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •