hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Star Citizen Discussion

You can go on Spectrum and request a space tour guide, you get some free ship paints that looks good.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Seems PTU First Wave is getting pretty close now.

Cargo refactor was in last evocati build and they was told to stress test the servers.

so...just to spin off topic, what is best of the F7C-M Super Hornet or the HEARTSEEKER ?
    When you get to HELL...Tell'em that I'we sent you...U'll get a group discount !

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    so...just to spin off topic, what is best of the F7C-M Super Hornet or the HEARTSEEKER ?
    They're both the same core ship, the Heartseeker is just equipped differently and has a unique paint. If you don't care about that paint, just get the Super Hornet and work in the game to get equipment you prefer/enjoy. In the next patch coming somewhere in December this year (probably the 15th but who can ever tell with CIG), ballistics are about to get significantly stronger so the exact fit you want would change based on that.

Regardless, both come capable of doing high risk threat missions and below pretty accpetably and you can do those or whatever else you want to get the credits for a full refit.

Also, to theorycraft for yourself https://www.erkul.games/ <- this is an incredible resource to determining what you want, where to get it and how much it'd cost.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

3.18 is Live on PTU for Wave 1 testers.

Prepare for instability and suffering

They had to take down the PTU servers for patching.

Elevators is broken it seems..(looking on LevelCap's stream, he is re-logging as i write...
    When you get to HELL...Tell'em that I'we sent you...U'll get a group discount !

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Test server in an alpha game is usually real broken.

I'm hoping they don't decide to bring 3.8 to live before next year and ruin the game experience for the holidays. The live game is stable and smooth and makes running bunkers sort of fun.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

It's good.

I like the channel, their previous Star Citizen content was great and this is a solid Jumptown experience.

I have to admit that I don't go to Jumptown ever now. It's too busy usually and server pops are high enough to ensure someone feels like camping the place.

Now if I could just log in....

Based on the hotfix progress it should be playable but busy tomorrow. I'd suggest Monday will be the closest to a normal experience returning.

Not a horrible turnaround for a major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Based on the hotfix progress it should be playable but busy tomorrow. I'd suggest Monday will be the closest to a normal experience returning.

Not a horrible turnaround for a major patch.
    Eh ? What about the 4 month PTU ?

Release was a shit show considering.

I mean, sure. I didn't really talk about that, just now that it's out, the course of action we could take for relatively stable gameplay is to wait a day or so.

I got a lot done today. I had very few issues all day but servers degrades during the days as more people got to play.
    And until that time, game ran buttery smooth, for me PU performed way better then PTU.

Devs said first week is going to be horrible. 3.18.1 should be out after one weekish.

Wow, the deterioration of the server did not stop. This morning, trying and failing to play was an absolute shitshow.

It was ALWAYS going to be bad.

This is bad bad though and exasperated by hyping the hell out of the patch. CIG should of managed expectations better and perhaps throttled access.

That being said there's a good amount of natural copium around and people excepting of the process. V loud minority of whining fucks as unusual , but this is SC.

Whining fucks everywhere....

CIG keeps releasing major updates on Fridays. This can never end well.
    Which is why it is a practice by game studios to release their big updates on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
    More hands on deck and less players.

It's 3.15 again, I'm just confused because the hype came from the PTU and it's stress testing and the like. Sure CIG said some shit but anyone who has been here a while knows to ignore them.

This is looking like a 2 week shitshow instead of the expected 3 work days shakyness and then playable with more bugs than normal for a while.