hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen Discussion

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar

Star Citizen Discussion

With the original thread having vanished, random comments and discussion can move here.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Luminalia celebration is active on the PTU.

Presents are spawning everywhere and especially inside containers all over the place. Each present sells for 1000 aUEC. Some people make out like bandits during this celebration, I tend to do a few packages and quit but with the inventory system, maybe I can practice using the inventory system a bit and use that excuse to try for 250k aUEC or something.

Also, the Odessey Q&A came out, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/18470-Q-A-MISC-Odyssey

It doesn't do everything better than the Carrack. I never understood the sudden outrush of outrage at another ship being an explorer just because it appeared to be competent at it, but Spectrum and the subreddit became mildly flooded with people dropping the Carrack.

I didn't think I'd need to repeat myself but once again, Carrack is Life, Carrack is home.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

I primarily run BH missions. And being in the Euro time zone, I found out playing on the AUS server (outside their primetime) made the missions a lot more stable/functional.

Grinding credits for a Constellation Phoenix. 6,5m I think.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I primarily run BH missions. And being in the Euro time zone, I found out playing on the AUS server (outside their primetime) made the missions a lot more stable/functional.

Grinding credits for a Constellation Phoenix. 6,5m I think.
    Sweet, I'm trying to get my fit back on the 600i. Using my Freelancer MIS and just doing HRTs. I find I die on ERTs so I'm just rep grinding and trying to work up some free cash to upgrade.

I'm using my Inferno on VHRT.

"Struggle" with Hurricanes because the ammo cost is so high.
    But my strategy is to go in fast, blast the target and leave before his sidekicks comes (more ammo friendly).

ERT isn't hard either with the Inferno. Just takes so much time. Have to reload.
    With VHRT if not too many Hurricanes, I can do 12-14 before I have to rearm.
    Try to do 10 VHRT's a day. About 200-220k profit.

Hey look I wander off for a couple of years and there's suddenly an actual game to play. I've been running minor bounties but having more 'success' with ground game, either hitting caves full of criminals or bunkers, though it seems I have like a 50/50 chance of winging a security guard and ruining my rep again.

Stuck in a hotel room for another week and a half, but gonna try trading and or mining when I get back.

Bounty Hunter missions requires two things, a good ship and smooth running server for that $$$/Hour.
    Surface missions hurts because of the friendly fire and last NPC not spawning(in a reasonable amount of time).

If you got a Prospector, mining Quantinium out in the belt is extremely profitable.

Bounty Hunter missions requires two things, a good ship and smooth running server for that $$$/Hour.
    Surface missions hurts because of the friendly fire and last NPC not spawning(in a reasonable amount of time).

If you got a Prospector, mining Quantinium out in the belt is extremely profitable.
    The cave missions like clean out criminal nest and claimjumper ones don't have any friendlies and they also usually pay more, I was getting 30k per clear, it's still not as good as doing bounties on a decent server but it's been a pretty fun way to make money. But yeah from what I can see quantium mining in a prospector is probably the best money, I was watching some crew on twitch this morning and they had a bunch of light fighters in a belt scouting rocks and then several prospectors and moles running around vacuuming up the rocks and paying out the spotters. The streamer made something like 800k net profit after a couple hours.

Then I watched another team trying to do drug running out of jumptown get bombed multiple times by Hercules A pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

The cave missions like clean out criminal nest and claimjumper ones don't have any friendlies and they also usually pay more, I was getting 30k per clear, it's still not as good as doing bounties on a decent server but it's been a pretty fun way to make money. But yeah from what I can see quantium mining in a prospector is probably the best money, I was watching some crew on twitch this morning and they had a bunch of light fighters in a belt scouting rocks and then several prospectors and moles running around vacuuming up the rocks and paying out the spotters. The streamer made something like 800k net profit after a couple hours.
    Group mining can be pretty great. Solo mining relies a little more on luck, because you can potentially spend a long time looking for good rocks to crack. They're more common on Lyria rather than the belt, but you're almost impossible for someone to find when you're out in the belt.

Then I watched another team trying to do drug running out of jumptown get bombed multiple times by Hercules A pilots.
    Yeah, Jumptown is gonna be interesting this year. There are going to be a couple different locations for it, but... they're all gonna get bombed unless you happen to bring fighter cover. I (foolishly) joined a semi-casual milsim group that's going to be running those events extensively, so we'll have plenty of dudes overhead to keep the bombers back.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

Group mining can be pretty great. Solo mining relies a little more on luck, because you can potentially spend a long time looking for good rocks to crack. They're more common on Lyria rather than the belt, but you're almost impossible for someone to find when you're out in the belt.

Yeah, Jumptown is gonna be interesting this year. There are going to be a couple different locations for it, but... they're all gonna get bombed unless you happen to bring fighter cover. I (foolishly) joined a semi-casual milsim group that's going to be running those events extensively, so we'll have plenty of dudes overhead to keep the bombers back.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Groundfloor on Vapourware/2016 tech demo thread mk 2

Hearing you guys talk, I'm clearly doing this wrong.

I make around 40k an hour and largely do bounties very slowly or try to visit ground bases to loot them. It's not fast, it's not profitable, but I don't want to put effort into a game that is bound to wipe, probably in January. If I keep playing weekly, I'll get a few million eventually and get the stuff I want. I might give mining another go though. It frustrated me in early 3.15 but they changed spawn rates upwards since then.

If I get this mining stuff correctly.

Mining head of choice is Lancet. (Reduces Instability and Resistance and makes Optimal Charge area larger)
    Focus consumable, reduces resistance.
    Vaux consumable, reduces instability

You want to refine Quantanium at CRU-L1 (Best and close to belt)
    Refinery Method: Dinyx Solventation

Mining head of choice is Lancet. (Reduces Instability and Resistance and makes Optimal Charge area larger)

Amusingly, I know the station and method to refine with. I mine in the belt where you have to stop your drive at specific distances to end up in said belt. Avoids trouble if there's no way point to where I am.

I have a Lancet Head, I don't use consumables, and I don't really want to. I have 2x focus and 1x the one that increases optimal window in exchange for instability. It means a slow mining trip but I usually crack rocks that aren't too big.

Which refinery method you choose depends on how long you're willing to wait. The difference between the slowest and second slowest high-yield methods is like, 14 hours vs 42, but in cost it's 12k vs 6k. Spending an extra 6k to get your goods 28 hours sooner is usually worth it. The next fastest takes 7 hours, but costs 36k. All times based on a full prospector of quant.

CRU-L1 does get you a couple extra percent if you're going to be mining in the halo anyways, but I got tired of that and have been mining on Lyria instead. I can find rocks faster (usually) and the slight loss in how much I get back is worth the time saved just hopping to and from Arc-L1.

I have to admit, Aaron Halo is my choice because I prefer not having to think or look around much, even if it's slower. I've been jumped by other players twice while planet mining and I'm just not in the mood for it ever.

And since I only play once a week, "longer but cheaper and max efficient" works for my specific play style, which is bad but extremely lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    I have to admit, Aaron Halo is my choice because I prefer not having to think or look around much, even if it's slower. I've been jumped by other players twice while planet mining and I'm just not in the mood for it ever.

And since I only play once a week, "longer but cheaper and max efficient" works for my specific play style, which is bad but extremely lazy.
    That's fair. I got annoyed with how long I could potentially go without finding anything good in the halo, so that's why I switched to Lyria. Today I did a few hours of mining, averaged 200k/hr worth of quant mined, and avoided seeing other people by playing on servers in sleeping timezones. Jumping on AUS if it's early or EU if it's late, I can often find a server with fewer than 15 people.

[QUOTE=Steckersaurus;1954764]
    I can often find a server with fewer than 15 people.
    God I'm jealous. I can usually find a server with 15 or so for a bit but it often then fills out over a session until the server is a chugging mess, and that's pretty much every time I play.

[QUOTE=Hayes DuSid;1954769]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    I can often find a server with fewer than 15 people.
    God I'm jealous. I can usually find a server with 15 or so for a bit but it often then fills out over a session until the server is a chugging mess, and that's pretty much every time I play.
    Yeah, it does depend on when and where you're playing. Being in the US, I can hop on EU servers later in the evening and there will often be 15-20 people when I log in and less than 10 when I log out, cuz by the time it's midnight here, it's 5-7 am over there. Ping doesn't really matter for mining, so I'm happy to just putter around the server without any worries.

Also the safest time for me to haul my goods for sale. Still take precautions, avoid flying to the target station from the direction of any planet, etc. And don't take the Cat down to the surface, just leave it at the low orbit station and take the omega down to the ground to sell stuff since the inventory is shared.

This works so well. As a Euro in the CET, Aussie servers are superb for me to play on.