hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: The Cycle: Frontier (Tarkov in SPAAAAACE!!!)

The Cycle: Frontier (Tarkov in SPAAAAACE!!!)

Think Tarkov, but maybe better?

• Maps are instanced for 6 hours. So people are spawning in and extracting all the time. This means no more waiting for matching. You literally click go and are in the map fast.
    • Team limit of 3
    • Simpler gun/gear loadout system which means you can throw on gear quickly and get in to a match fast
    • Higher tier gear is crafted so people can't chad 24/7
    • No Flea market
    • 3 Factions you can do missions for to gain rep which allows you to buy faction items and guns
    • Keys and loot rooms
    • Puzzles that unlock loot rooms
    • No skills
    • No item tetris because all items are the same size
    • Upgradable hideout
    • Instead of SCAVs you have creatures that you have to kill to get items needed to upgrade

AFAIK it is F2P with plan to fund through cosmetics.

Closed Beta is going on through Nov 1st. Get your beta key request in on the Steam page. Mine took overnight to go through. Expected release is 2022.

Last edited by Aliventi; October 20 2021 at 10:37:05 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post

AFAIK it is F2P with plan to fund through cosmetics.
    Sure.

Think I'll pass.

Weee, mutants!
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    "Guys we took all the best parts of Tarkov and got rid of them, here's what's left!"

Looks really really bad

Itīs super casual sci-fi Tarkov. Feels like Tarkov 2017 or so, way to go but nice ideas overall.

Full loot makes the pvp a bit more fun but so far i died 5-6 times to people sniping the extract and once to someone just running into me on extract and once in a normal open world fight.
    Guess the snipers need a bit of tuning or at least the extract-ships a kind of shield/dome around them so you can attack people on extract but not right out sniper camp the pickup.

Played some more while bored and the little exploration on the planet is well done.

Most bigger bases have at least one door to a good loot room locked without power. You have to get some powercores from around the place, sometimes even with little "puzzles" to unlock these and get the good stuff.
    The uplink stations have consoles to download data if you brought or found a HDD and you can do it again and again to download more data. Of course the station is pretty loud while doing that so it invites other players to come and steal your stuff.

I am sure there is more stuff i did not see yet but that alone makes it fun to explore the map right now.

I miss stuff like that in Tarkov, ZB-013, Interchange or some mechanics on Reserve are kinda nice but this is a whole step ahead of that. Hope stuff like that will be on Streets of Tarkov in the future.
    Up for a duo if someone plays this still.
    Last edited by Kilabi; October 24 2021 at 10:30:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    "Guys we took all the best parts of Tarkov and got rid of them, here's what's left!"

Looks really really bad
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I am on the cycle, who else is in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.