hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: New World

  1. #1
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,615

    New World

    https://www.newworld.com/en-gb

    Tried to search for a thread about it, but couldnt find any.

    So, is anyone else getting this?
    Last edited by Armyofme; September 19 2021 at 05:21:52 PM.

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  2. #2
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    I pre-ordered as its not expensive and no free2play-pay2win bullshit. Even if I dont actually play it I like to encourage that model.

    Gonna give it a go on a Euro server. I think Cullnerd and a few others is too.

  3. #3
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I pre-ordered as its not expensive and no free2play-pay2win bullshit. Even if I dont actually play it I like to encourage that model.

    Gonna give it a go on a Euro server. I think Cullnerd and a few others is too.
    Sweet, I pre-ordered it as well. Hopefully we all end up joining the same server

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  4. #4
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Drop your server choices here tbh. I will play with the stormhammer guys from release but perhaps we can manage something to get on the same server.

  5. #5
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    Cullnerd has proposed Hellheim which is fine by me

  6. #6
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Duat


    Eurytheia


    Finias

    Is my shortlist right now because those donīt have any streamers registered to it and run as main english in Central EU.

  7. #7
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Duat


    Eurytheia


    Finias

    Is my shortlist right now because those donīt have any streamers registered to it and run as main english in Central EU.
    why does the streamer thing matter?

  8. #8
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Overcrowded on release with people joining the same server and possibility of heavy overpopulation on a single faction with a streamer and a few hundred of his followers.

    Rather not taking the chance if I donīt have to.

  9. #9
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Overcrowded on release with people joining the same server and possibility of heavy overpopulation on a single faction with a streamer and a few hundred of his followers.

    Rather not taking the chance if I donīt have to.
    What streamer is on Hellheim? Are any of the ones you suggested in the same 'stream' as hellheim so we merge later?

  10. #10
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Overcrowded on release with people joining the same server and possibility of heavy overpopulation on a single faction with a streamer and a few hundred of his followers.

    Rather not taking the chance if I donīt have to.
    What streamer is on Hellheim? Are any of the ones you suggested in the same 'stream' as hellheim so we merge later?
    [CENTRAL EU]

    Hellheim

    Streamers: 18

    Followers: 122244

    from: https://www.streamersonnew.world/summary


    Not sure the "stream" list is up already. Did not really look for it yet but līll see if i can find something tomorrow.

  11. #11
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    I dont buy any of that. For example for Hellheim the top streamer listed is MightyTeapot who has done a sponsored spot for New Worlds during beta but uploads 10 videos a week of Guildwars 2 and has no intention of actually play New Worlds.

    They also describe his as having 50k followers, but he has just 35k, and his New World sponsored video has <4k views and just 25 comments, all negative. His only New World videos are sponsored.

    The streamer list is just paid hype.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 27 2021 at 11:40:45 AM.

  12. #12
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Cullnerd has proposed Hellheim which is fine by me
    Works for me

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  13. #13
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I dont buy any of that. For example for Hellheim the top streamer listed is MightyTeapot who has done a sponsored spot for New Worlds during beta but uploads 10 videos a week of Guildwars 2 and has no intention of actually play New Worlds.

    They also describe his as having 50k followers, but he has just 35k, and his New World sponsored video has <4k views and just 25 comments, all negative. His only New World videos are sponsored.

    The streamer list is just paid hype.
    People are just putting in their own numbers and sign up to give an overview. Pretty sure itīs not rocketscience but also the only thing we have to look at right now.
    Iīll just decide tomorrow morning anyway.

    More important: Which faction are you guys going to pick? Right now I am leaning towards green.

  14. #14
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    More important: Which faction are you guys going to pick? Right now I am leaning towards green.
    Have not given it a thought really. Will just follow what others in here pick

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  15. #15
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,684
    y'all will stop playing it after roughly 2 weeks anyway.. so why even fuss over "server" and "faction" and "streamer value" ?


  16. #16
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Mostly because I want only 3h queue in those 2 weeks and not 3h12min queues tbf.

  17. #17
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Mostly because I want only 3h queue in those 2 weeks and not 3h12min queues tbf.
    Fair enough. I can see reason in your logic.

  18. #18
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,791
    Why the fk couldnt I pre-download it... 39GB to update the beta client ffs

    EDIT: Hellheim is getting blasted and we cant get on (capped). Ask Cullnean on Discord for latest but looks like maybe Thule? I have 90 mins more to dl tho
    Last edited by Lallante; September 28 2021 at 08:45:14 AM.

  19. #19
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Level 13, harversting 45, no queue so far. But looks like green is heavily underpopulated right now. But meh, first few hours.

    At least the blob is getting lighter already, getting ahead of the curve it seems.

  20. #20
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,102
    So, how does this game work? Any good?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •