hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who still play Eve Online...

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

For those of you who still play Eve Online...

The game is undoubtedly in a shambles - now that the niche playstyles are all dying, so are nullblocs. Many different factors contribute to each style's demise, but some of us soldier on, finding ways to have fun.

Something for those of us who continue playing, which is still many many thousands, reddit is the only living broad community. Eve Forum culture died a long time ago - places like FHC here survive based on a core group of members talking almost entirely about non-Eve subjects - but that's going to change.

Click through to see the whys

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

eve is dying

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Jesus, took a peak at the eve-offline graphs, and current averages (2 weeks) are about 50% of the 6 month average. (32k vs 17k)

Scarcity working as intended. Soon only the valuable whales who want to have max purps on all the things will remain, and those shit-ass PvPers who have - let's face it - been nothing but trouble since day 1 will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    The game is undoubtedly in a shambles - now that the niche playstyles are all dying, so are nullblocs. Many different factors contribute to each style's demise, but some of us soldier on, finding ways to have fun.

Something for those of us who continue playing, which is still many many thousands, reddit is the only living broad community. Eve Forum culture died a long time ago - places like FHC here survive based on a core group of members talking almost entirely about non-Eve subjects - but that's going to change.

Click through to see the whys
    Well tbh there's not a lot to talk about. Mittani drama? Blue donut? Grr Goons?

With CCP removing all the tools that allowed the few to fight against the many successfully the only people remaining in the game are mostly just faffing about doing not a lot.

There's a point where you have to let go. I'm still in touch with the people I played with when I felt EvE was the best there was and that's about it. We do play other games which is fun Some of use have throbs of nostalgia quickly suffocated by the resistance nerf, the triage refit changes, the abominations that are FAXes and a lot of changes that neutered the small gang chances of inflicting any meaningful damage on the blob. Not to mention popups and the way they are choosing to monetize the game. And that really is it.

I don't think EvE is dying per-se, but I think a lot of people see EvE as dead to them. Me included. I still login to spin my faction/deadspace fit Bhaalgorn and it makes me angry with how CCP treated and treats the people playing their game, but there's not a lot one can do about that. You tried, so there's that
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Coom donut forums.

Whoa! Slow down your naysayers! On the 14 day, of the 7th month, in the year of our lords 2021 Eve was saved! Crowd Control Productions (CCP) has blessed the faithful with a long overdue return of the AT! Now you can play Eve without playing Eve! In the holy AT the trivial matters of the plebeians of k and j space are irrelevant. Re-sub now and have no life while you train show your devotion to the real Eve!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Whoa! Slow down your naysayers! On the 14 day, of the 7th month, in the year of our lords 2021 Eve was saved! Crowd Control Productions (CCP) has blessed the faithful with a long overdue return of the AT! Now you can play Eve without playing Eve! In the holy AT the trivial matters of the plebeians of k and j space are irrelevant. Re-sub now and have no life while you train show your devotion to the real Eve!
    AT should have stayed dead, it just shows how horribly boring eve pvp is to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    AT should have stayed dead, it just shows how horribly boring eve pvp is to watch.
    It really isn't and I keep linking this to people who keep saying it is.

It is boring for whomever has no idea about the game and the mechanics -> entirely true. The thing is the engagement distances are simply too long to get a meaningful idea of what is happening except for some smol bars displayed next to a name and a ship name. It's completely different from e-sports titles like CSGO, Overwatch, Starcraft, DOTA, LoL, etc since there you can see stuff juking it out in melee or at least visual range of each other. The graphics would need massive overhauling and camera work for the AT would need to be amazing - let's say a ship is being neuted and when the cap is drained all their lights are flickering and randomly turning on and off. Damage to the ship should be apparent when it's armour damage or hull damage and so on. But again, because the engagement distances are so large (several hundred times the length of the actual ship) all you get is pew pew pew without any seemingly meaningful impact.

EvE Online was not designed to be an e-sports title for the masses, its AT arena combat events are just as niche as the game itself and you can't tell for shit what's happening unless you're aware of the basic and advanced game mechanics, bait tanking and what not and the commentators can only do so much to translate to an audience just how intense the combat really is and the adrenaline surges that must go in those players' bodies.

It's kind of like this:

Also please appreciate the meta-meta of that analogy seeing how ship inertia in EvE is really modelled considering fluid dynamics and not the void of space.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I spent my time in eve as a smallish gang pvp player and I still found the AT mostly boring as many of the matches are just decided before getting transported to the arena. I even flew in the NEO once, and I still stand by on the verdict of it being boring as hell.

Instanced PVP is clearly the way CCP thinks they can address content. It just means even less targets out there to prey on.

I miss the thrill of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Instanced PVP is clearly the way CCP thinks they can address content. It just means even less targets out there to prey on.

I miss the thrill of the hunt.
    Don't worry. Local intel bots removed the hunt long ago.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    CCP partitioning areas of the game of for defined types of play is the death of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

CCP partitioning areas of the game of for defined types of play is the death of the sandbox.
    The sandbox got paved over by concrete years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    The sandbox got paved over by concrete years ago.
    Probably best since it was full of cat poop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I spent my time in eve as a smallish gang pvp player and I still found the AT mostly boring as many of the matches are just decided before getting transported to the arena.
    Snake would beg to differ

What did they actually change? (for those of us who don't devblog)

I still struggle to understand how totally useless CCP have been with features like faction warfare which have loads of promise but been terribly executed. It's not even like their vision has been too expansive and they've failed to deliver, they seem to be totally blind to opportunities for good game play choices.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Loleve

Gesendet von meinem M2012K11AG mit Tapatalk

eve indeed died many years ago and it is just the rotten corpse shambling around.