hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: For those of you who still play Eve Online...

  1. #61

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,692
    Rather take that coffee, it is less toxic.

  2. #62
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Just found something that I found interesting: https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/d...end-fleet-pack
    It's an eve Pack, "Weekend Fleet Pack
    Warp into the weekend with a trip to New Eden! Get 3 days of Omega access and 50 PLEX with this special pack.
    3.75 "

    3 days omega and a bit of isk (in plex) for the price of a coffee.
    I think that's pretty smart.
    I think it's pretty dumb.

    Cheap cyno alt activations? Letting people spend less and play just as much as they already do? Doesn't make game balance or business sense.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  3. #63
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  4. #64
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  5. #65
    CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Location
    Matari Exodus
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Just found something that I found interesting: https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/d...end-fleet-pack
    It's an eve Pack, "Weekend Fleet Pack
    Warp into the weekend with a trip to New Eden! Get 3 days of Omega access and 50 PLEX with this special pack.
    €3.75 "

    3 days omega and a bit of isk (in plex) for the price of a coffee.
    I think that's pretty smart.
    I think it's pretty dumb.

    Cheap cyno alt activations? Letting people spend less and play just as much as they already do? Doesn't make game balance or business sense.
    On the flipside it could entice people who will not drop a months sub but won't mind the 3 to play for a long weekend every now and again. If people have alt army that they desubbed for whatever reasons they may resub a few of them for same long weekend of playing. I think it's horses for courses, pros and cons. Only con I really see is if you can set stuff going for long term isk farm ie PI, industry jobs, research. I dunno if they would tick over if your omega runs out or not. Also if plexing to vote for CSM is even a thing anymore (I doubt this).

  6. #66
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Just found something that I found interesting: https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/d...end-fleet-pack
    It's an eve Pack, "Weekend Fleet Pack
    Warp into the weekend with a trip to New Eden! Get 3 days of Omega access and 50 PLEX with this special pack.
    €3.75 "

    3 days omega and a bit of isk (in plex) for the price of a coffee.
    I think that's pretty smart.
    I think it's pretty dumb.

    Cheap cyno alt activations? Letting people spend less and play just as much as they already do? Doesn't make game balance or business sense.
    On the flipside it could entice people who will not drop a months sub but won't mind the 3 to play for a long weekend every now and again. If people have alt army that they desubbed for whatever reasons they may resub a few of them for same long weekend of playing. I think it's horses for courses, pros and cons. Only con I really see is if you can set stuff going for long term isk farm ie PI, industry jobs, research. I dunno if they would tick over if your omega runs out or not. Also if plexing to vote for CSM is even a thing anymore (I doubt this).
    It is. And boy do I have some horror stories on that subject.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  7. #67
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  8. #68
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun
    https://dis


    cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf



    Grab me when you fancy it



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  9. #69
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun
    https://dis


    cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf



    Grab me when you fancy it
    oh. Are you the guys posting hauler contracts from Old Man Star to Jita at 2.2 bil collaterals?

    Recently resubbed aswell and trying to figure out where the solo pvp has gone.

  10. #70
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun
    https://dis


    cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf



    Grab me when you fancy it
    oh. Are you the guys posting hauler contracts from Old Man Star to Jita at 2.2 bil collaterals?

    Recently resubbed aswell and trying to figure out where the solo pvp has gone.
    faction warfare is nice currently.

  11. #71
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    2,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Recently resubbed aswell and trying to figure out where the solo pvp has gone.
    There's action 23/7 in Pochven, all the blocks run krabfleets of varying competence that you can peel scouts or idiots off of, and if you're a real clever pilot you can fuck people up as a daywalker (positive/neutral standings to trig + edencom).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

  12. #72
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?
    Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun
    https://dis


    cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf



    Grab me when you fancy it
    oh. Are you the guys posting hauler contracts from Old Man Star to Jita at 2.2 bil collaterals?

    Recently resubbed aswell and trying to figure out where the solo pvp has gone.
    Hmm no, though I can safely say it could be people related to us. Our corp has inspired a huge amount of regular pvp in the area.

    So much so that we now commute to get away from the friendly frig blob that became enthused with pvp as a result of us



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  13. #73
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,258



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  14. #74
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    FUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    569
    Nice fight.

    I haven't played Eve for several years and I wasn't ever any good, but I'm blown away by how much information you need to process in a fight. Locking then hitting the primary, secondary etc, keeping range and traversal, managing capacitor, calling reps etc. And then there's a FC who is doing all that, plus taking in other reports, deciding strategy etc. I've been lucky enough to fly with some great FCs and they are truly god-tier gamers.
    Last edited by duckduck; November 1 2022 at 02:14:48 PM.

  16. #76
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    The one thing I dont get is how to broadcast targets in fleet as fast as it is in some videos? Is that done with some sort of macro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  17. #77
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    The one thing I dont get is how to broadcast targets in fleet as fast as it is in some videos? Is that done with some sort of macro?
    With default key bindings, hold "x" and click something. It gets broadcast as target.

  18. #78
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    The one thing I dont get is how to broadcast targets in fleet as fast as it is in some videos? Is that done with some sort of macro?
    With default key bindings, hold "x" and click something. It gets broadcast as target.
    Figured it was something like that but, as evident, never really figured it out. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  19. #79
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,504
    Anyone following the tournament? I watched a couple of qualification matches and now catching up to the last 4 days (recorded so I can just jump to what I want to watch).
    I still kind of enjoy it tbh, it starting to get a bit more interesting as new fleet comps starting to come out other than just missile spam-rush, highly effective but super boring imho.
    I can live with the commentators but camera work during matches is absolute shit.

    I'm not through it so no spoilers pls. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Anyone following the tournament? I watched a couple of qualification matches and now catching up to the last 4 days (recorded so I can just jump to what I want to watch).
    I still kind of enjoy it tbh, it starting to get a bit more interesting as new fleet comps starting to come out other than just missile spam-rush, highly effective but super boring imho.
    I can live with the commentators but camera work during matches is absolute shit.

    I'm not through it so no spoilers pls. :P
    I watched a few match and the last two days quick fire as a vod, recognized alot of people from back in the days! Shoutout do Mawderator making it as a caster, I still have fond memories of abusing sleeper spawn mechanics as a four man group in c5 wormholes.

    The AT meta seems pretty varied, I read the Hydra reloaded AAR as well and there is obvious archetypes but alot of big variations in execution. Eve still has the same problem it always had, it's a shit spectator sport. If you play enough to understand what's going on it's fun by inference, but I catch myself looking at the stats bar at the bottom instead of at the match.

    It's kinda sad that you can't easily showcase the effort and talent required to perform there. I remember small gang fighting being super difficult to execute well. Keeping situational awareness up while microing shit is an art but you see none of that with an observer cam.

    I kinda wonder if it could be nice to have some POV cams of players on key ships to see what it feels like...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •