hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who still play Eve Online...

Rather take that coffee, it is less toxic.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Just found something that I found interesting: https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/d...end-fleet-pack
    It's an eve Pack, "Weekend Fleet Pack
    Warp into the weekend with a trip to New Eden! Get 3 days of Omega access and 50 PLEX with this special pack.
    3.75 "

3 days omega and a bit of isk (in plex) for the price of a coffee.
    I think that's pretty smart.
    I think it's pretty dumb.

Cheap cyno alt activations? Letting people spend less and play just as much as they already do? Doesn't make game balance or business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Where are u guys located?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    I made a corp a short while ago, and got into FW, and we get tons of kills and have a few guys. There. That's the advert.
    Old Man Star

Just found something that I found interesting: https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/d...end-fleet-pack
    Warp into the weekend with a trip to New Eden! Get 3 days of Omega access and 50 PLEX with this special pack.
    €3.75 "

Cheap cyno alt activations? Letting people spend less and play just as much as they already do? Doesn't make game balance or business sense.
    On the flipside it could entice people who will not drop a months sub but won't mind the 3 to play for a long weekend every now and again. If people have alt army that they desubbed for whatever reasons they may resub a few of them for same long weekend of playing. I think it's horses for courses, pros and cons. Only con I really see is if you can set stuff going for long term isk farm ie PI, industry jobs, research. I dunno if they would tick over if your omega runs out or not. Also if plexing to vote for CSM is even a thing anymore (I doubt this).

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    €3.75 "

On the flipside it could entice people who will not drop a months sub but won't mind the 3 to play for a long weekend every now and again. If people have alt army that they desubbed for whatever reasons they may resub a few of them for same long weekend of playing. I think it's horses for courses, pros and cons. Only con I really see is if you can set stuff going for long term isk farm ie PI, industry jobs, research. I dunno if they would tick over if your omega runs out or not. Also if plexing to vote for CSM is even a thing anymore (I doubt this).
    It is. And boy do I have some horror stories on that subject.

Old Man Star
    Now we're talking. I might resub and come join u guys for some fun

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Old Man Star
    https://dis

cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf

Grab me when you fancy it

Old Man Star

cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf

oh. Are you the guys posting hauler contracts from Old Man Star to Jita at 2.2 bil collaterals?

Recently resubbed aswell and trying to figure out where the solo pvp has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Old Man Star

cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf

oh. Are you the guys posting hauler contracts from Old Man Star to Jita at 2.2 bil collaterals?

faction warfare is nice currently.

There's action 23/7 in Pochven, all the blocks run krabfleets of varying competence that you can peel scouts or idiots off of, and if you're a real clever pilot you can fuck people up as a daywalker (positive/neutral standings to trig + edencom).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Old Man Star

cord.gg/jyxypsSbTf

Hmm no, though I can safely say it could be people related to us. Our corp has inspired a huge amount of regular pvp in the area.

So much so that we now commute to get away from the friendly frig blob that became enthused with pvp as a result of us

FUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Nice fight.

I haven't played Eve for several years and I wasn't ever any good, but I'm blown away by how much information you need to process in a fight. Locking then hitting the primary, secondary etc, keeping range and traversal, managing capacitor, calling reps etc. And then there's a FC who is doing all that, plus taking in other reports, deciding strategy etc. I've been lucky enough to fly with some great FCs and they are truly god-tier gamers.
    Last edited by duckduck; November 1 2022 at 02:14:48 PM.

The one thing I dont get is how to broadcast targets in fleet as fast as it is in some videos? Is that done with some sort of macro?
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    The one thing I dont get is how to broadcast targets in fleet as fast as it is in some videos? Is that done with some sort of macro?
    With default key bindings, hold "x" and click something. It gets broadcast as target.

With default key bindings, hold "x" and click something. It gets broadcast as target.
    Figured it was something like that but, as evident, never really figured it out. Thank you!

Anyone following the tournament? I watched a couple of qualification matches and now catching up to the last 4 days (recorded so I can just jump to what I want to watch).
    I still kind of enjoy it tbh, it starting to get a bit more interesting as new fleet comps starting to come out other than just missile spam-rush, highly effective but super boring imho.
    I can live with the commentators but camera work during matches is absolute shit.

I'm not through it so no spoilers pls. :P

Anyone following the tournament? I watched a couple of qualification matches and now catching up to the last 4 days (recorded so I can just jump to what I want to watch).
    I still kind of enjoy it tbh, it starting to get a bit more interesting as new fleet comps starting to come out other than just missile spam-rush, highly effective but super boring imho.
    I can live with the commentators but camera work during matches is absolute shit.

I'm not through it so no spoilers pls. :P
    I watched a few match and the last two days quick fire as a vod, recognized alot of people from back in the days! Shoutout do Mawderator making it as a caster, I still have fond memories of abusing sleeper spawn mechanics as a four man group in c5 wormholes.

The AT meta seems pretty varied, I read the Hydra reloaded AAR as well and there is obvious archetypes but alot of big variations in execution. Eve still has the same problem it always had, it's a shit spectator sport. If you play enough to understand what's going on it's fun by inference, but I catch myself looking at the stats bar at the bottom instead of at the match.

It's kinda sad that you can't easily showcase the effort and talent required to perform there. I remember small gang fighting being super difficult to execute well. Keeping situational awareness up while microing shit is an art but you see none of that with an observer cam.

I kinda wonder if it could be nice to have some POV cams of players on key ships to see what it feels like...