hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Vote for me!

  1. #41
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,213
    Haha, for some. I only ever used warptozero.py for warping pods home. When that mattered.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,307
    With a side order of some dysprosium.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, running a version where monkeysphere.py worked fine would be fun for a week.
    Monkeysphere was a meme created by butthurt proles who couldn't play the meta.
    http://puu.sh/kTSQD/2e39d12cac.png
    http://i.imgur.com/AfHQMwR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sQRclby.png

  4. #44
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, running a version where monkeysphere.py worked fine would be fun for a week.
    Monkeysphere was a meme created by butthurt proles who couldn't play the meta.
    Facts.

    WTZ yes, hax russians no.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,079
    At 17:45 evetime tonight (18:45 uk) I will be streaming my FACE along with a couple of other hopefuls and commentators so we can MST3K the CCP stream, which starts at 18:00 (19:00)



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  6. #46

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, running a version where monkeysphere.py worked fine would be fun for a week.
    Monkeysphere was a meme created by butthurt proles who couldn't play the meta.
    Facts.

    WTZ yes, hax russians no.
    sphere.exe was a meme, but at one point with python injection one could exploit few things; full range information from the scanner and pinpointing exact locations of stuff and injecting things that should never have been injected as skills. The skill injection one was the Interesting One; you could try to inject for example other players and if they were in a ship you got an error message with the ship type they were in. Also apparently you could inject the ID of a POS forcefield and cause it to disappear.

    Anecdotal evidence also from the glorious time of running unprobable faggotry before that was patched out in the russian lands had way too many cases of one certain player showing up, seeing _one_ russian probe in dscan and then a fleet dropping on zero on the unprobable faggotry Can't be certain about that one or the various claimed no-local exploits, but IIRC some of the no-local stuff were pretty publicly patched out.

  7. #47
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I wonder if an eve 'classic' would have any appeal.
    Would need to bring back people like Ginger, Jade and Parmizan as well then

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  8. #48
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I wonder if an eve 'classic' would have any appeal.
    Would need to bring back people like Ginger, Jade and Parmizan as well then
    Tiller and Heikki too. Ginger Magician was certainly a character...

  9. #49
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,079



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  10. #50
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,561
    I don't know if it's about being happy losing in general because nobody is naturally happy losing, but more about being content that you can't win them all and not throwing a mental temper tantrum when your ship explodes (or similar). Meaning interposing your higher brain functions between the amygdala and what comes out of one's mouth/keyboard. If it's your own fault, live and learn, see where you can improve, doing better the next time/encounter. If you got hot dropped and gang banged and there was really nothing you can do - remembering that life means you can sometimes do everything perfectly and it can still go tits up.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #51

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,307
    Just be the one doing the hot dropping and gang banging, problem solved.

  12. #52
    Aliventi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16, 2012
    Location
    Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
    Posts
    1,519
    On the plus side you don't have to deal with CC(Hey why don't we implement an in-client pop up advertisement when you lose a ship advertising a $4.99 plex deal to help replace your ship.)P anymore. Please do pull a Jester and when your NDA lapses you reveal everything.
    Last edited by Aliventi; June 23 2021 at 10:42:03 PM.

  13. #53
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,561
    I would find the popup hilarious when my disposable cyno gets inevitably popped by some trigger happy bored pilot roaming around. It is obviously extremely unlikely to happen seeing that I've been unsubbed for ages and plan on remaining so.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #54
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    On the plus side you don't have to deal with CC(Hey why don't we implement an in-client pop up advertisement when you lose a ship advertising a $4.99 plex deal to help replace your ship.)P anymore. Please do pull a Jester and when your NDA lapses you reveal everything.
    Got a link to jester's post-nda stuff?

  15. #55
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,734
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, running a version where monkeysphere.py worked fine would be fun for a week.
    Monkeysphere was a meme created by butthurt proles who couldn't play the meta.
    Facts.

    WTZ yes, hax russians no.
    sphere.exe was a meme, but at one point with python injection one could exploit few things; full range information from the scanner and pinpointing exact locations of stuff and injecting things that should never have been injected as skills. The skill injection one was the Interesting One; you could try to inject for example other players and if they were in a ship you got an error message with the ship type they were in. Also apparently you could inject the ID of a POS forcefield and cause it to disappear.

    Anecdotal evidence also from the glorious time of running unprobable faggotry before that was patched out in the russian lands had way too many cases of one certain player showing up, seeing _one_ russian probe in dscan and then a fleet dropping on zero on the unprobable faggotry Can't be certain about that one or the various claimed no-local exploits, but IIRC some of the no-local stuff were pretty publicly patched out.
    I liked the pos bowling with interdiction nullified t3. Stole an anshar out of low sec pos like that.


    

  16. #56
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    On the plus side you don't have to deal with CC(Hey why don't we implement an in-client pop up advertisement when you lose a ship advertising a $4.99 plex deal to help replace your ship.)P anymore. Please do pull a Jester and when your NDA lapses you reveal everything.
    Got a link to jester's post-nda stuff?
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...us_for_a_long/
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  17. #57
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    18,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I wonder if an eve 'classic' would have any appeal. There'd be endless debate about what era was the ideal one naturally. Maybe offer a few expansion versions, split the oversized player base and add Jove space. I have spent all of the amount of time it took to type this to think of this master plan. Would work perfectly. Rhea / single tier of clone, yes please. Old farts embracing smaller ships.
    The issue is that Eve is just a sandbox. They players and player groups have evolved to the point that going back in time will yield the same big blob and blue donut results. You will get some mileage out of everyone having less than 200+ mil SP, and therefore can't fly every ship, but that won't overcome the blue blobs.
    Indeed, with everyone starting from the same point, but the value of doctrines being know, you'll see the well organised groups training those doctrines and therefore there being very little variety for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  18. #58
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,561
    What is really not amusing - having dug through EvE forums as well as Reddit - is the Stockholm Syndrome that people relish in. There are '17s/'18s/'19s who don't even know what they're saying. Meanwhile, CCP killed and buried the few against the many and surgical strike/brawler's paradise was the last nail in the coffin after the triage changes in the past which made flying triage actively interesting (no more refitting, no more dancing with your opponents, bait tanking, etc) -> unsurprisingly WH space also got hit massively by these changes seeing those guys flew the blingest stuff and had to rely on an extremely limited number of capitals.

    Now EvE is just n+1 doctrines and everybody agglutinates around big groups. If that isn't a nightmare, I don't know what is.

    Edit: to understand how bad it got, at the moment CCP announced that they're removing SP loss from T3 cruisers. Like that was ever an actual problem - the fact that they neutered the Loki and Legion PGs notwithstanding, the resists nerf is my biggest gripe with this. Also I found some references that the Proteus is now useless and I'm afraid to look deeper into this since it has been one of my favourite ships to fly.
    Last edited by Cosmin; June 25 2021 at 06:43:47 PM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  19. #59
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    What is really not amusing - having dug through EvE forums as well as Reddit - is the Stockholm Syndrome that people relish in. There are '17s/'18s/'19s who don't even know what they're saying. Meanwhile, CCP killed and buried the few against the many and surgical strike/brawler's paradise was the last nail in the coffin after the triage changes in the past which made flying triage actively interesting (no more refitting, no more dancing with your opponents, bait tanking, etc) -> unsurprisingly WH space also got hit massively by these changes seeing those guys flew the blingest stuff and had to rely on an extremely limited number of capitals.

    Now EvE is just n+1 doctrines and everybody agglutinates around big groups. If that isn't a nightmare, I don't know what is.

    Edit: to understand how bad it got, at the moment CCP announced that they're removing SP loss from T3 cruisers. Like that was ever an actual problem - the fact that they neutered the Loki and Legion PGs notwithstanding, the resists nerf is my biggest gripe with this. Also I found some references that the Proteus is now useless and I'm afraid to look deeper into this since it has been one of my favourite ships to fly.
    I think death of stuff like FW will rate more highly in the post-mortem than "we can't sealclub people with our 15 triage-supported bling T3s anymore"

  20. #60

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,307
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    What is really not amusing - having dug through EvE forums as well as Reddit - is the Stockholm Syndrome that people relish in. There are '17s/'18s/'19s who don't even know what they're saying. Meanwhile, CCP killed and buried the few against the many and surgical strike/brawler's paradise was the last nail in the coffin after the triage changes in the past which made flying triage actively interesting (no more refitting, no more dancing with your opponents, bait tanking, etc) -> unsurprisingly WH space also got hit massively by these changes seeing those guys flew the blingest stuff and had to rely on an extremely limited number of capitals.

    Now EvE is just n+1 doctrines and everybody agglutinates around big groups. If that isn't a nightmare, I don't know what is.

    Edit: to understand how bad it got, at the moment CCP announced that they're removing SP loss from T3 cruisers. Like that was ever an actual problem - the fact that they neutered the Loki and Legion PGs notwithstanding, the resists nerf is my biggest gripe with this. Also I found some references that the Proteus is now useless and I'm afraid to look deeper into this since it has been one of my favourite ships to fly.
    I think death of stuff like FW will rate more highly in the post-mortem than "we can't sealclub people with our 15 triage-supported bling T3s anymore"
    Groups doing that created quite popular videos that were even watched by non-players...

    Always enjoyed fighting as the underdog in 0.0 with various ways to get it done against numerically way superior enemies; in the start it was only having an actual fleet compostion other than "kitchen sink or rr bs", then cloaky shit, fast shit, ninja-capitals / going on a long roaming strike to 3rd man some fight with our single titan ninja-bridging and jumping or blobs shit. Oh, at one point there was the unprobable sniper loki phase. The "real" fights in 0.0 always just turned into soul crushing lag fests and magically respawing supers.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •