hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote for me!

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    From there it seems like the ecosystem just basically failcascaded as the content inside WH grew more thin and many corps now use null connections to find their entertainment
    Gotta be pretty desperate then. Even back in the day of kitchen sink fleets most null was completely dead fight-wise and it didn't get better at any point on the timeframe I played. Best time was had running a clocky sneaky camp on a main NC hub for weeks with some east-european dudes from wepra, even when I didn't understand much of the comms.

I take it the pandemic pop boost has not been sustained?

The summer drop has always been, but combine it with people being able to resume "normal" life its likely going to be a lot bigger this year and not nearly the same up-tick once autumn arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

On the scale of POS warfare to 1000$ pants how bad are the latest change?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    You see people just don't care enough to mass unsub anymore. A lot of people are unsubbing by themselves because the game just isn't fun anymore. Now that COVID is ending the player count is already falling very quickly.

The main thing people are complaining about seems to be the scarcity changes. Nullsec incomes got nuked and prices of certain ships like T1 BS spiked by 50% or in the case of caps they have effectively doubled. Unsurprisingly this leads to ppl undocking less often and the mantra of "Now losses will have meaning" is only true because there will be less killmails than before. So yes losses are gonna have more "meaning" when there's half as much of them as before

The main thing people are complaining about seems to be the scarcity changes. Nullsec incomes got nuked and prices of certain ships like T1 BS spiked by 50% or in the case of caps they have effectively doubled. Unsurprisingly this leads to ppl undocking less often and the mantra of "Now losses will have meaning" is only true because there will be less killmails than before. So yes losses are gonna have more "meaning" when there's half as much of them as before
    It is like that the remaining players don't enjoy the pve experience, who would have known? Even back then it was always about minimizing the amount of grinding one had to do to have some actual fun in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    It's quite offputting reading about all the changes and the player reaction to them. It all sounds like a bit of a void of non-interaction.

Still, I imagine if I returned it wouldn't be that different for solo frig roaming other than potentially less targets. Assuming null is a barren wasteland from what people make out. I always used to just head to hotspots anyway so doubt much has changed for my little slice of New Eden.
    Null activity is not the real problem imo. It can still be vending machine for content if you poke the right groups, and ofc you have the war down south if you need to be spoonfed.

It's everything outside of that which is dead. FW is completely gone besides a narrow band of min/amarr, the lowsec thuggery built around moon fiefdoms is also dead, and WHs are very quiet nowadays compared to just 5 years ago.

I looked through Black Rise for a little and it was shocking how quiet that place is now. Just a couple lone LP farmers, noobs in their merlins, and ofc some tryhards in their pirate frigs. What got people to log in - the constant brawls, roaming gangs and activity - its all gone.
    Yeah, nah, sorry. War is in a "You guys unsub" "No, YOU guys unsub" "Well I guess we'll both sit here until we BOTH unsub" phase right now. Goons are too strong for PAPI to break in; papi are too strong for goons to break out. Almost 80% of sov systems are directly controlled by PAPI, so we're in Serenity Mk.II - Even Bluer Boogaloo, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    It is like that the remaining players don't enjoy the pve experience, who would have known? Even back then it was always about minimizing the amount of grinding one had to do to have some actual fun in pvp.
    >Makes shit-tier PVP even by 2003 standards
    >Never makes it any better, just changes some names and colours and occasionally stats
    >Surprised when players want to spend as little time as possible imitating autistic bots
    >Actually PVE is mostly done by bots
    >Is CCP

BRB, harvesting 1 million wolf tails for a new dreadnaught
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's quite offputting reading about all the changes and the player reaction to them. It all sounds like a bit of a void of non-interaction.

Still, I imagine if I returned it wouldn't be that different for solo frig roaming other than potentially less targets. Assuming null is a barren wasteland from what people make out. I always used to just head to hotspots anyway so doubt much has changed for my little slice of New Eden.
    Null activity is not the real problem imo. It can still be vending machine for content if you poke the right groups, and ofc you have the war down south if you need to be spoonfed.

It's everything outside of that which is dead. FW is completely gone besides a narrow band of min/amarr, the lowsec thuggery built around moon fiefdoms is also dead, and WHs are very quiet nowadays compared to just 5 years ago.

I looked through Black Rise for a little and it was shocking how quiet that place is now. Just a couple lone LP farmers, noobs in their merlins, and ofc some tryhards in their pirate frigs. What got people to log in - the constant brawls, roaming gangs and activity - its all gone.
    Yeah, nah, sorry. War is in a "You guys unsub" "No, YOU guys unsub" "Well I guess we'll both sit here until we BOTH unsub" phase right now. Goons are too strong for PAPI to break in; papi are too strong for goons to break out. Almost 80% of sov systems are directly controlled by PAPI, so we're in Serenity Mk.II - Even Bluer Boogaloo, I guess?
    since every other conflict is already arranged and fake™, you guys should just arrange who feeds as well

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    >Makes shit-tier PVP even by 2003 standards
    >Never makes it any better, just changes some names and colours and occasionally stats
    >Surprised when players want to spend as little time as possible imitating autistic bots
    >Actually PVE is mostly done by bots
    >Is CCP

BRB, harvesting 1 million wolf tails for a new dreadnaught
    CCP got so very close to combining the two activities with FW, but predictably failed to iterate on the concept and so now it's dead. Incursions arguably got close too, since a group/team activity is far better than autistically grinding anoms by yourself

And there was nice storied pve with unique rewards (the cosmos systems) that just got forgotten, to the point that moving the celestial warp-ins broke some of them and thus made some ones decent money by selling bookmarks...

I also remember the new mission authoring tools making everything so much easier and the epic arcs being a good thing that would be expanded

I wonder if an eve 'classic' would have any appeal. There'd be endless debate about what era was the ideal one naturally. Maybe offer a few expansion versions, split the oversized player base and add Jove space. I have spent all of the amount of time it took to type this to think of this master plan. Would work perfectly. Rhea / single tier of clone, yes please. Old farts embracing smaller ships.

I wonder if an eve 'classic' would have any appeal. There'd be endless debate about what era was the ideal one naturally. Maybe offer a few expansion versions, split the oversized player base and add Jove space. I have spent all of the amount of time it took to type this to think of this master plan. Would work perfectly. Rhea / single tier of clone, yes please. Old farts embracing smaller ships.
    The issue is that Eve is just a sandbox. They players and player groups have evolved to the point that going back in time will yield the same big blob and blue donut results. You will get some mileage out of everyone having less than 200+ mil SP, and therefore can't fly every ship, but that won't overcome the blue blobs.

While roaming is pretty meh these days CCP added PVP arenas for solo/small gang shit. They run PVP events every 2 weeks or so (usually friday downtime to monday downtime) with varying formats. This week its 2 man teams of a t1 gallente cruiser+t2 gallente assault frigs in a 2v2v2 arena, 2 weeks ago they did 1vs1 battleships. Arenas are usually limited to t2 fittings & implants. You can buy a teleport filament in jita, enter the queue with a ship and be fighting pretty quickly. You have 20 minutes to win or lose before the arena explodes and everyone dies. Onthe weekend of july 2nd they're doing 2vs2 destroyers and on the weekend of the 16th its 4 man rifter free for all.

Winner takes the loot + a container with extra loot. Rewards for placing in the top 100 is isk, skins and skillpoints. Some events have bonuses like the battleship one you were paid 100 mill everytime you did more then X damage to another battleship in arena.

Unironically one of the best things CCP has added to the game in a long time. The 1vs1 battleship event was fucking amazing.

What oversized playerbase lol? The active player numbers are terrible at the moment (and everyone is hoping thats because of summer & rona going away but strong doubts) so splitting them across 2 servers would effectively kill both servers in one swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    The issue is that Eve is just a sandbox. They players and player groups have evolved to the point that going back in time will yield the same big blob and blue donut results. You will get some mileage out of everyone having less than 200+ mil SP, and therefore can't fly every ship, but that won't overcome the blue blobs.
    This, even if you created a classic server with the code from 2004 before you even had the server running old alliances would have pre-formed, a plan pinged out to mass farm & pool resources needed to acquire blueprints and fleet doctrines designed and ready to go. You cant really go back to that era anymore then we can bring back the wild west in 2021.

Amusingly enough eve society actually develops quite a lot like real life with us now being somewhere the cold war/modern era where country borders dont really change much, most wars proxy are wars in poor country, weapons of mass destruction are more deterrent then weapon, citizens live safe comfy lives clocking their 9-5 in the spod mines, etc. If CCP wanted to try and bring back the glory days their best bet would probably be to push past this era into the post-apocalyptic era that comes after this.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; June 18 2021 at 10:36:05 PM.

Going classic would be awesome, training to drop a POS doesn't take long, training up sufficiently large number of people in big ships to take one down... glorious gameplay opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    This is true. But I think there's more mileage than you'd think with a classic version that excluded supercaps, citadels, rorquals etc

Eve won't be good until CCP delete all the jump fuel in the game.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

+1 to EVE Classic will never work because the players will not interact with it the same way they did back in 2003-10. So many of the barriers to wealth accumulation / solving PVE were just because the majority of players didn't know any better.

Confirming the players are the cancer killing the game. Just back from the pub but part seriously fully agree what we know now would ruin any of the true charm of old eve which was based on what we knew then, not how we do things these days.

Well, running a version where monkeysphere.py worked fine would be fun for a week.