hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vote for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Edit: to understand how bad it got, at the moment CCP announced that they're removing SP loss from T3 cruisers. Like that was ever an actual problem - the fact that they neutered the Loki and Legion PGs notwithstanding, the resists nerf is my biggest gripe with this. Also I found some references that the Proteus is now useless and I'm afraid to look deeper into this since it has been one of my favourite ships to fly.
    Removing skill point loss is a pretty decent change tbh. It was a dumb mechanic to begin with. Obviously its not bringing tech3's back as mainstream doctrines but it gets rid of a dumb thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I think death of stuff like FW will rate more highly in the post-mortem than "we can't sealclub people with our 15 triage-supported bling T3s anymore"
    This is not about seal clubbing, this is about WH people throwing super blingy fleets at each other and squeezing a win by the skill of their triage and their Bhaalgorn and their discipline in focusing fire, this is about being able to up-engage fleets bigger than yours and still pull a win, this is about advanced tactics that split fleets and make them into smaller fleets that are engageable via bubbles for example, this is about actually thinking whilst playing, being Johnny on the spot and not a brain-dead F1 monkey - albeit there is merit to the latter just as there is in the former.

I am not against people being able to organise thousands getting their fix. I am not against people being able to accrue and manage thousands of supercaps using them. I just want my few against the many part of EvE that was ripped out of its soul and thrown out and then shot in the head for good measure. I want to still be able to dreadbomb a Titan and get that kill and the feeling that it matters - even if it's just a black eye given to the school bully by the retarded kid, it felt like it mattered.

Also - FW died cca 2013 fwiw.

@Joshua - it seems CCP has a never ending list of dumb shit that they can quickly fix when their subscribers get their panties in a twist over the neverending effort of CCP killing their own game. Which is fair enough, given the game is almost old enough to drink in certain countries.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

yes and player avgs started dropping soon after that

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    yes and player avgs started dropping soon after that
    Not sure there is a real causation in this, at least on my monkeysphere of 0.0 faggots just about no one had touched FW at all. Probably more the general lack of any new players at all and bearing for ISK getting really optimized.