hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Software venting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Edit: make a folder named "distribution" in the Firefox install folder. Make a policies.json text file. Paste this in it and save it. No more FF updates ever.
    yes. this is a very good idea.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

hey hey walrus, ssethh here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    ...You're welcome?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

The bots, they are evolving.

https://www.makeuseof.com/chrome-100...reak-websites/

Firefox is also nearing its 100th update, and just like Chrome, it's also expected to cause some sites to break. Firefox 100 will first be released to the experimental Firefox Nightly, then to beta, and finally to the stable channel come May 3, 2022.

Apparently, the transition from two-digit to three-digit User-Agent String is also to blame in the case of Firefox 100. Since August 2021, both Chrome and Firefox have been test-running version 100 with several documented cases of site breakage.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Firefox is also nearing its 100th update, and just like Chrome, it's also expected to cause some sites to break. Firefox 100 will first be released to the experimental Firefox Nightly, then to beta, and finally to the stable channel come May 3, 2022.

Apparently, the transition from two-digit to three-digit User-Agent String is also to blame in the case of Firefox 100. Since August 2021, both Chrome and Firefox have been test-running version 100 with several documented cases of site breakage.
    Literally a mini Y2K

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Literally a mini Y2K
    You'd think people would have learned after Windows 9...

Not exactly restricted to software, hardware fails at this as well: MP3 players that don't honor lead in/out times in MP3 files, adding an artifical pause between two tracks and thereby ruining every live album and quite a few studio albums. If you have nothing to add than yet another "fanzy" aka mostly annoying skin/UI to the MP3 player market, then don't program one in the first place.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Not exactly restricted to software, hardware fails at this as well: MP3 players that don't honor lead in/out times in MP3 files, adding an artifical pause between two tracks and thereby ruining every live album and quite a few studio albums. If you have nothing to add than yet another "fanzy" aka mostly annoying skin/UI to the MP3 player market, then don't program one in the first place.
    What $5 MP3 player are you using in 2021 that doesn't support gapless playback?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Great take on TPM

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    What $5 MP3 player are you using in 2021 that doesn't support gapless playback?
    The 20+ years old MP3 player I'm still using does, which I took for granted back then. I can't remember what triggered that comment, but I once again was reminded about all soft- & hardware players I encountered over the years that didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Great take on TPM

Well it manages to start off fundamaentally "wrong" in the first minute, so no, it' not.

Maybe you should go look up Smart meters too ?
    Last edited by Itiken; May 28 2022 at 03:24:15 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.