hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive changes to industry upcoming . Capitals and supercapital prices skyrocketing

Massive changes to industry upcoming . Capitals and supercapital prices skyrocketing

it's only a decade late
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Now they just need to self destruct all the existing capitals as well.

40b supers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    40b supers.
    What did they cost before these changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    40b supers.
    They were cheaper than when the Drone regions dropped minerals. Maybe 11-12 for a super hull pre-scarcity.

I remember coalition supers costing 25b with a decent fit and maybe implants as well pre Halloween War.

What's isk inflation been like over the past 5 years?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I remember coalition supers costing 25b with a decent fit and maybe implants as well pre Halloween War.

Weird. ISK supply grew massively and PLEX prices kept climbing, but the bots/crabs also flooded the market with minerals and stuff so you could feed pirate BS fleets on the regular without blinking. Then we got blackout followed by ratting/mining changes and now PLEX are down and stuff is up. Sucks to be poor, I guess.

#spaceshipeconomicslmao

40b supers.
    ~9 bill for the hulls was the lowest i saw.

yeah, 9 thrashers or a super, sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post

Weird. ISK supply grew massively and PLEX prices kept climbing, but the bots/crabs also flooded the market with minerals and stuff so you could feed pirate BS fleets on the regular without blinking. Then we got blackout followed by ratting/mining changes and now PLEX are down and stuff is up. Sucks to be poor, I guess.

#spaceshipeconomicslmao
    What's blackout in this contest?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post

#spaceshipeconomicslmao
    CCP turned off local in nullsec. Unsurprisingly, this made the krabs mad and they logged off until CCP removed it.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post

#spaceshipeconomicslmao
    CCP turned off local in nullsec. Unsurprisingly, this made the krabs mad and they logged off until CCP removed it.
    It was a limited time trial. It was not turned back on to appease krabs.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post

#spaceshipeconomicslmao
    Say what you want. CCP's bottom line is the only thing that matters. The decision to turn local back on wasn't made by CCP, but by the logged/unsubbed krabs for CCP.

A blanket turning it off seems a rather lazy attempt at game design tbf. There were possibilities to link it to sov, a structure, and maybe later a counter mechanic to allow attacks.... Pity. Yet another wasted opportunity.
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Now they just need to self destruct all the existing capitals as well.
    For a lot of people a Titan is the end game. I remember in BoB we named it the curse of the Titan. People got one and soon after they quit playing. Best demonstration now is Goons. Massive amounts on paper, small amount of that actually in space. They still have not replaced all the lost titans from m-2 and if my side (NC) would have another M2 right now we will be in serious problems replacing them.

Before resource scarcity a super with alliance subsidy was 11b and a titan 60b. 25b for super and 90b for titan atm on the market. Will go up another 30-40% before years end.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

TBH the eve end game has been stagnant for a long time. Simply tweaking what the biggest stick costs instead of giving new things to get and train for doesn't help that much. No matter how costly you make new supers doesn't remove the oodles of them that are already in the game.

The eve ship tree end game was always pretty shit for the 99% of super cap owners who were cowards and weren't drive-by sniping capitals at every opportunity.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post

#spaceshipeconomicslmao
    Say what you want. CCP's bottom line is the only thing that matters. The decision to turn local back on wasn't made by CCP, but by the logged/unsubbed krabs for CCP.
    Well, no. Blackout was specified from the beginning to be a temporary event. You can't just dismiss that fact to try and keep your erroneous point valid.

Guess what the data showed?
    It was not an undending ratter slaughter.

A bunch died, but what really mattered was that those ratters (targets) simply dried up. The stopped logging in.

The real solution to the over-reliance on local as an intel tool is to revamp PvE to not be dependant on local.

I am pushing a type of pve that is behind accelleration gates (huge reduction in risk to the ratter while shooting rats, less local reliance) and instead transfer the risk to gates by making ALL anomaly PvE be escalation-chain based, forcing the reward to be locked behind the need to fly around a bit between systems chasing the end bounty. No more sitting in one system just farming.

Obviously this needs to come with some solutions to nullified covops T3s, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres