hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 376 of 385 FirstFirst ... 276326366373374375376377378379 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 7697

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    no you know what no it's not it's good it's just I'd rather not have to if I didn't but I do it's like do I want to be bored and the answer is no
    I think I agree with this but I'm not sure what he's saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

So one field tech recommended just restoring a back up of the sites hyper v vhd file after a cryptolocker while the other said to run a ps script to delete all the encrypted files and then robocopy everything from the back up and I have to say that robocopy is actually doing an alright job

So one field tech recommended just restoring a back up of the sites hyper v vhd file after a cryptolocker while the other said to run a ps script to delete all the encrypted files and then robocopy everything from the back up and I have to say that robocopy is actually doing an alright job
    Robocopy is pretty good for any file copying, especially with all the various switches it has.

Punctuation is also pretty neat when conveying messages to other shit posters.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Robocopy is pretty good for any file copying, especially with all the various switches it has.

Punctuation is also pretty neat when conveying messages to other shit posters.
    I don't think you appreciate the level I shitpost on

Just uninstalled an N-Able agent on a machine while connect to it through MSP connect

Just uninstalled an N-Able agent on a machine while connect to it through MSP connect
    Hahaha. I once changed the default route on a router I was connected to via SSH.. That was 10 mins of my life I'll never get back before the delayed reboot fixed it all.

So I'm pretty sure my colleague, the only other guy that works on the help desk mind you, got drunk in work this morning. Not only that but he took on helping a photocopier company swap out three machines across two sites while I was out viewing an apartment and now there are emails going to the directors which how much this copier transfer was a fuck up

Colleague just tanked an rds server. He was connected cleaning up some space on C and now the server wont pass post
    Last edited by 56k Lagman; December 16 2016 at 09:44:00 PM.

A different colleague just tanked a new server by trying to install the cpu with the plastic guide tool attached and managed to mash a load of the socket pins down

A different colleague just tanked a new server by trying to install the cpu with the plastic guide tool attached and managed to mash a load of the socket pins down
    And people say IT has become a race to the bottom.. BAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    And people say IT has become a race to the bottom.. BAH.
    I did that when I built my 2nd PC.

RMA'd the board and they where like "nah mate, u broke dis"

hard lessons for a 15 year old.

That was 3 months wages wasted.

Same here. Was one of the machines I had to built for a client. Fortunately enough, we could RMA it, but I was for 1-2 days until the supplier OK'd the RMA. Sometimes the best way to learn a lesson is to fuck up and suffer from it.

totally didn't bend a pin because :stupid: and RMA'd it on my first or second PC build when I was a teenager
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

I bent CPU pins as a kid once, AMD Dual core masterrace, good times. I tried to take off the heat sink, was very hard to pull out so I twisted it a little. CPU came off with it and 1/4th of the pins ended up at a 45 degree angle off target. I used a very small screwdriver to straighten them, was still noticeable but I could install the CPU back. Never told my dad, it was his PC. The machine was never as stable afterwards, had some random blue screens every several weeks, not sure what the cause was
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

on another forum i used to post on, one guy put the thermal paste on the wrong side of the cpu. turned into a lords-esque 'i know what im doing guys' megathread, it was glorious.

Now I'm worried it's only a matter of time until I fuck up some pins

Never bent CPU pins before.. (Also, haven't really played with computers since the pins were on the mobo). I HAVE managed to pull a card from a running machine before and force some RAM in backwards (pre-DDR).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    I bent CPU pins as a kid once, AMD Dual core masterrace, good times. I tried to take off the heat sink, was very hard to pull out so I twisted it a little. CPU came off with it and 1/4th of the pins ended up at a 45 degree angle off target. I used a very small screwdriver to straighten them, was still noticeable but I could install the CPU back. Never told my dad, it was his PC. The machine was never as stable afterwards, had some random blue screens every several weeks, not sure what the cause was
    Bent lotsa pins, Pentium 4, Athlon64 as well. Always managed to straighten them up with a razor, never had any issues. If it helps bring you peace, the system being unstable in the above example wasn't because of bent pins but likely due to other stuff. With pins it's either it works or not, p black and white iirc (yep, I also did break a few off in some cases).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Eh I wouldn't be so sure cosmin. I managed to chip a fucking core and the thing still booted and worked but ofc very unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Never bent CPU pins before.. (Also, haven't really played with computers since the pins were on the mobo). I HAVE managed to pull a card from a running machine before and force some RAM in backwards (pre-DDR).
    I've been building my own PCs for 15 years (I AM OLD!!!!) and just last year I managed to not rip the PCIe slot off while removing the graphics card. Because the securing thingy broke before the PCIe slot came off. Good engineering, I say.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic