hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 375 of 407 FirstFirst ... 275325365372373374375376377378385 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 8121

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

also, thanks for all the reps and stuff, i kinda wished i knew IT was going to pan out the way it has for me ahead of time the passion for it has been gone for years now and it's basically the last-call for changing my mind.
    cheers mate, its never too late..

Im 41 now, last year i said fuck you all (my semi-legal second jobs and legal but incredibly shit insurance job) , and i enrolled to private college here in Croatia, 3 year software developer program (bacc. degree). Finished first year with 4/5 mark, cleared everything before second year started.

It was incredibly hard for me because of mathematics I and math II - last time i did math was 23 years ago, and i hated it than as well. Literally hundreds of hours of repeating highschool math, and than implementing it into this one - i pissed blood. I got so drunk when i cleared those 2, fuck, me and jagermeister celebrated that one.

On the other hand Programming i found easy and Data structures and Algorithms was hard as bitch, but doable (unlike math).

I did the right thing, because as far as i can see, i like programming a lot, and its gona get easier as i clear these non-programing stuff ( goodbye Math - welcome Probabilities and Statistics )

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

also, thanks for all the reps and stuff, i kinda wished i knew IT was going to pan out the way it has for me ahead of time the passion for it has been gone for years now and it's basically the last-call for changing my mind.
    cheers mate, its never too late..

Im 41 now, last year i said fuck you all (my semi-legal second jobs and legal but incredibly shit insurance job) , and i enrolled to private college here in Croatia, 3 year software developer program (bacc. degree). Finished first year with 4/5 mark, cleared everything before second year started.

It was incredibly hard for me because of mathematics I and math II - last time i did math was 23 years ago, and i hated it than as well. Literally hundreds of hours of repeating highschool math, and than implementing it into this one - i pissed blood. I got so drunk when i cleared those 2, fuck, me and jagermeister celebrated that one.

On the other hand Programming i found easy and Data structures and Algorithms was hard as bitch, but doable (unlike math).

I did the right thing, because as far as i can see, i like programming a lot, and its gona get easier as i clear these non-programing stuff ( goodbye Math - welcome Probabilities and Statistics )
    Good luck man, it takes an especially large size of steel balls to do this when you are 41 and have a well paying (assumption) job. If the program is nice you will learn many little things and nuances that will help you later on immensely. Good luck and fuck jägermeister, I still remember the consequences when I downed a bottle after taking my last exam in my exchange year.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Got to play with 2016 yesterday.. It's windows 10.. It really is just Windows 10.. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

wp
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

http://www.osnews.com/story/29525/Or...is_development

Wat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

Why use Solaris when there's Oracle(tm) Unbreakable(tm) linux?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    http://www.osnews.com/story/29525/Or...is_development

Wat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm still not sure if this is true or not. Oracle have denied it, but honestly the numbers of people who moved to Linux after oracle bought sun it's inevitable that it will be shut down one day.

Wanted a job with more responsibility and more pay yet I find myself grumpy now that I was connected to a clients server from home from 9-10pm continuing to unfuck them after a cryptolocker. Can't have it all I guess

EDIT:

Oh and on my second week they said I could look through the recycling pile for anything I liked the look of. Managed to get my hands on a HP 6300 desktop with an i5 3470 and 12 gigs of ram. Gonna slap a 1050ti in it and save around 800 bucks on the new PC I was planning on building in the new year
    Last edited by 56k Lagman; December 7 2016 at 05:31:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Wanted a job with more responsibility and more pay yet I find myself grumpy now that I was connected to a clients server from home from 9-10pm continuing to unfuck them after a cryptolocker. Can't have it all I guess

EDIT:

Oh and on my second week they said I could look through the recycling pile for anything I liked the look of. Managed to get my hands on a HP 6300 desktop with an i5 3470 and 12 gigs of ram. Gonna slap a 1050ti in it and save around 800 bucks on the new PC I was planning on building in the new year
    So it's not all that bad after all.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

no you know what no it's not it's good it's just I'd rather not have to if I didn't but I do it's like do I want to be bored and the answer is no

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

no you know what no it's not it's good it's just I'd rather not have to if I didn't but I do it's like do I want to be bored and the answer is no
    I think I agree with this but I'm not sure what he's saying...

So one field tech recommended just restoring a back up of the sites hyper v vhd file after a cryptolocker while the other said to run a ps script to delete all the encrypted files and then robocopy everything from the back up and I have to say that robocopy is actually doing an alright job

phoneposting

So one field tech recommended just restoring a back up of the sites hyper v vhd file after a cryptolocker while the other said to run a ps script to delete all the encrypted files and then robocopy everything from the back up and I have to say that robocopy is actually doing an alright job
    Robocopy is pretty good for any file copying, especially with all the various switches it has.

Punctuation is also pretty neat when conveying messages to other shit posters.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    Robocopy is pretty good for any file copying, especially with all the various switches it has.

Punctuation is also pretty neat when conveying messages to other shit posters.
    I don't think you appreciate the level I shitpost on

phoneposting

Just uninstalled an N-Able agent on a machine while connect to it through MSP connect

phoneposting

Just uninstalled an N-Able agent on a machine while connect to it through MSP connect
    Hahaha. I once changed the default route on a router I was connected to via SSH.. That was 10 mins of my life I'll never get back before the delayed reboot fixed it all.

So I'm pretty sure my colleague, the only other guy that works on the help desk mind you, got drunk in work this morning. Not only that but he took on helping a photocopier company swap out three machines across two sites while I was out viewing an apartment and now there are emails going to the directors which how much this copier transfer was a fuck up

phoneposting

Colleague just tanked an rds server. He was connected cleaning up some space on C and now the server wont pass post
    Last edited by 56k Lagman; December 16 2016 at 08:44:00 PM.

phoneposting

A different colleague just tanked a new server by trying to install the cpu with the plastic guide tool attached and managed to mash a load of the socket pins down

phoneposting