hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 408 of 408 FirstFirst ... 308358398405406407408
Results 8,141 to 8,146 of 8146

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Reading some of the postings in here, i.e. Lana's above, I sometimes are tempted to bet dollars to donuts that the poster and I are working at the same company ...

This is both at the same time somewhat relieving (there are dumb users elsewhere, too) and disturbing (how do these users manage to breath?)
    I do wonder what these people do that means they can do it well enough to keep a job and have zero computer skills.
    In our company: those people sell things aka "earn the money". They're the profit center, whereas the IT is a cost center.

I'm often enough reminded that "they earn your wage, too!". Which ofc is true. But at the same time they also cost the company a shitload of money by not knowing even the most basic things about their computer. And they get away with it, because "they don't work in IT." See my rant a couple of pages ago for how the same acknowledegment of active ignorance about cars - even for people without a driving license, would rightfully earn them the label "complete moron".

I love when companies consider IT a cost.. Ok, I'll save you money by turning it all off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Whenever managers tell you you're a cost centre, just remind them that they are too.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Whenever managers tell you you're a cost centre, just remind them that they are too.
    With less measurable output than the average tech...
    meh

Dear fhc, I am finally leaving managed service and come next year will be being paid by the company I'll be working for.

Any pointers?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Dear fhc, I am finally leaving managed service and come next year will be being paid by the company I'll be working for.

Any pointers?
    CYA more than you have before, just in case.