hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 414 of 414 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414
Results 8,261 to 8,267 of 8267

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The only way around this is to use ADFS as your authenticator and setup a rule in that to deny legacy authentication. The issue with this is if I HAD ADFS setup then I could just implement all of these rules in that instead..
    Whenever I read ADFS I think Advanced Disk Filing System from my BBC days growing up in the 80s/early 90s.

My oldness is showing...

Microsoft Publishes Massive 948-Page PDF With Every Windows Terminal Command You Could Ever Need

If you wanted an exhaustive reference for all the command line tools and utilities available in Windows, "/h" was as good as it got. Well, that was until last month, when Microsoft published a whopping big PDF with information on every single terminal command the operating system has to offer.

The document, released on April 18, comes in at 4.6MB and 948 pages and covers the following platforms:

• Windows Server (Semi-Annual Channel)
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2008 R2
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8.1

Link

Anyone know a simple windows backup tool that just backs some stuff and sends it via ssh to a local linux mashine?

I just want to back folder X, Y and Z zip/tar it, name it after current date and push it to a local mashine.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Anyone know a simple windows backup tool that just backs some stuff and sends it via ssh to a local linux mashine?

I just want to back folder X, Y and Z zip/tar it, name it after current date and push it to a local mashine.
    Should be do able with a simple Powershell script.

Full copy or intelligent diff transfers over the network? Checksum comparison after transfer? Just the deltas stored or full copys on the target machine? Arbitrary binary files or just text? Including permissions & modified date (and more complex filesystem metadata, streams, etc)?
    Any which way, there's rsync incarnations, as well as Linux subsystem for Windows/WSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

No deltas, no diff, no checksum.
    It's mostly about stuff like ts3 data and some documents.

I have the linux subsytem installed, I wonder how well a bash script would work.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Unrelated: Fucking Yodel (I hadn't touched the web chat before it started popping up warnings). And I can't find an email address on their site to start pointing out these obvious flaws.
    There's a reason no one wants to discover they're the chosen delivery courier for a package...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.