hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 414 of 417 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414415416417 LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8328

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The only way around this is to use ADFS as your authenticator and setup a rule in that to deny legacy authentication. The issue with this is if I HAD ADFS setup then I could just implement all of these rules in that instead..
    Whenever I read ADFS I think Advanced Disk Filing System from my BBC days growing up in the 80s/early 90s.

My oldness is showing...

Microsoft Publishes Massive 948-Page PDF With Every Windows Terminal Command You Could Ever Need

If you wanted an exhaustive reference for all the command line tools and utilities available in Windows, "/h" was as good as it got. Well, that was until last month, when Microsoft published a whopping big PDF with information on every single terminal command the operating system has to offer.

The document, released on April 18, comes in at 4.6MB and 948 pages and covers the following platforms:

• Windows Server (Semi-Annual Channel)
    • Windows Server 2016
    • Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Windows Server 2012
    • Windows Server 2008 R2
    • Windows Server 2008
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 8.1

Link

Anyone know a simple windows backup tool that just backs some stuff and sends it via ssh to a local linux mashine?

I just want to back folder X, Y and Z zip/tar it, name it after current date and push it to a local mashine.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Anyone know a simple windows backup tool that just backs some stuff and sends it via ssh to a local linux mashine?

I just want to back folder X, Y and Z zip/tar it, name it after current date and push it to a local mashine.
    Should be do able with a simple Powershell script.

Full copy or intelligent diff transfers over the network? Checksum comparison after transfer? Just the deltas stored or full copys on the target machine? Arbitrary binary files or just text? Including permissions & modified date (and more complex filesystem metadata, streams, etc)?
    Any which way, there's rsync incarnations, as well as Linux subsystem for Windows/WSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

No deltas, no diff, no checksum.
    It's mostly about stuff like ts3 data and some documents.

I have the linux subsytem installed, I wonder how well a bash script would work.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Unrelated: Fucking Yodel (I hadn't touched the web chat before it started popping up warnings). And I can't find an email address on their site to start pointing out these obvious flaws.
    There's a reason no one wants to discover they're the chosen delivery courier for a package...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

have you tried using resolver? Its endorsed by that money saving expert guy and has names/addresses etc for making complaints and shit. Very helpful I would recommend.

"Why yes mister outsourced IBM person I can certainly jump on a ten minute webex to help clear up your very specific issue"

12 IBMers sitting there in silence getting me to do everything via remote for them. Every. Fucking. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    "Why yes mister outsourced IBM person I can certainly jump on a ten minute webex to help clear up your very specific issue"

12 IBMers sitting there in silence getting me to do everything via remote for them. Every. Fucking. Time.
    On one engagement, they literally showed up to the pre sales call with like 15 people.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

On one engagement, they literally showed up to the pre sales call with like 15 people.
    Have experience with similar, where your involved in a project to make a new platform to modernise and be more efficient. Got told before project we gonna be doing this "new" thing called "Agile" instead of waterfall.

Every time i point out "that's the same way things are now" lets change it to Y instead to make it faster, more efficient in production. Getting answer that wasn't in the product specification that was laid down 3 years ago (you should have changed it before it was finalized, ignoring the fact i wasn't an employee then) and we are going for "least viable product".

Up to 20 people sitting in silence in phone call humming, yes, yes.

This went on for almost a year end result was almost a copy of the thing we where modernizing and cost 400k - 1mill Euro or something.

According to company policy "Tech and development" are the focus....

Why yes windows 10 rollout, you are going fine except for this shitty problem where Chrome / Internet file associations reset all the fucking time, back to Edge. Not that much of a problem for me because while Edge isn't perfect, it's a perfectly capable browser. sadly by following some shit advice form a not really very good IT person (And Sharepoint admin) has lead a senior management dude to go on a personal crusade, so when Edge opens and something doesn't work, it's my fault not the fault of shit sharepoint site.

I have been on a side trip setting a bunch of "never take over ever" registry keys in Edge AppX containers, which worked fine to a point, but left the user with occasionally having to re-associate Chrome. it worked but is ugly.

StackExchange provided me with an insight yesterday. Did you know that in Windows 10, file associations have a Hash value set via windows. If you dive into the HKCU\.. \shell associations registry keys and start setting values manually, like some fuckwith had in a 5 year old GPO, then no hask is calculated, so windows throws the file associations into a bin and resets them.

Back to the Windows fresh out of the box default. Edge. ahhah!

So get back to your group policies kids and make sure there are no janky "set association" thingies going on anywhere. Get an XML to set your file associations properly and be happy

tl:dr: fuck sharepoint. Fuck fucking around in the registry.
    Love everything else.
    Last edited by Itiken; June 6 2018 at 08:59:46 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

First thing I learnt with Windows 10 was you save yourself a lot of time by just bining all your gpos and starting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Good advice.
    shame the userland policies cross over. could possibly WMI filter them but life's a bit short for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    we are going for "least viable product".
    This gave me a giggle, then a wave of sadness when I realised that my management does pretty much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    we are going for "least viable product".
    This gave me a giggle, then a wave of sadness when I realised that my management does pretty much the same thing.
    It's a nice change from "Minimum Viable Product" but without the same functionality or usability Id guess.

If you are ever asked to develop a webapp that needs to run behind the Cisco ASA using Web-VPN, make sure you are sick the next 3 weeks, so someone else has t do it.

thank me later.

Riddle me this:

Why is my new shiny domain totally ignoring all settings in AD Sites and Services to speed up inter-site replication.
    Options set to 0x1 (USE_NOTICY) - Ignored.
    Replication times on IP Site links decreased from 180 mins to 15 mins - Ignored.

Manual replication works as intended between the 4 sites, and 3 hour replication (yeah i know rite who coded that in server 2016) works fine, but nothing else does.
    REPLMon shows everything as clean and green.

I am tempted to sack off sites entirely as we have multiple gig pipes between sites, but it's a tough sell.
    Last edited by Itiken; June 6 2018 at 02:42:40 PM.

Perhaps REPLMon isn't that reliable any more and you might want to check again with something like the LOLTool

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Perhaps REPLMon isn't that reliable any more and you might want to check again with something like the LOLTool
    that fixed it, thanks budd o/