hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 402 of 408 FirstFirst ... 302352392399400401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 8157

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

new adfs (2016) server won't do windows integrated auth from any supported browser.
    fml
    wait ther are 2 copies of our external DNS zone on different ad integrated dns servers.
    fmlx2^13
    Last edited by Itiken; August 2 2017 at 12:30:02 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I still do not have access to my new clients password database.. It's amazing what you can do with guess work.
    Guess i can make it, so much spitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    new adfs (2016) server won't do windows integrated auth from any supported browser.
    fml
    wait ther are 2 copies of our external DNS zone on different ad integrated dns servers.
    fmlx2^13
    that would be why.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

:Phone rings:

CEO assistant: "Could you have a look, boss' machine acts weird?"
    Me: "Have you tried to restart the machine already?"
    CEO assistant: "Yes ... no ... I don't know. Could you have a look please?"
    Me: "OK, so I will come over to boss' office and will restart the machine."
    CEO assistant: "Yes ... well, I don't what you'll do."
    Me (hoping that the answer would be "Oh, well try that first ourselves."): "I just told you what I will do: I now will come over to simply. restart. the. machine. Is that what you want me to do?"
    CEO assistant: "Yes."

Me walks over and restarts the machine, turns around and walks back to my place ...

I could have instead, you know, for example keep coding that interface the whole company waits for since a couple of months and has just been greenlighted this week by the uppers-there-are and now everyone keeps bugging me about when it finally will be done.

CEOs are not normal people. They are entrusted with running multi billion dollar companies but also have no idea how literally anything even remotely technical works and frequently get suckered by scammers..

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to tie their own shoes, then one day I noticed that all of upper management has slip on shoes..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

The blame here doesn't go to the CEO, though. The assistant is a complete waste, OTOH. You'd assume that one managing a CEO's schedule and tasks and such would be at least below-average capable of handling that absolute niche piece of software (NOT), completely unknown in any modern office environment (NOT), called "Outlook". But that's too much to expect here.

- Requesting the right to 'Send on behalf of', but not capable to actually send emails on behalf of? Check!
    - Managing the CEO's calendar, but not capabale to switch from the pesonal calendar over to the CEO's one? Check!
    - Requesting that old contacts from long (we're literally talking decades here) gone CEO's be provided/exported as a PST, but not knowing how to open a PST file? Check!

I could go on. And that's just for Outlook. There's that other strange program called "Word", which poses similar, divine knowledge requiring challenges, i.e. saving a copy of the current document to a different folder/with another name.

I'm really not expecting VBA macro coding or Outlook forms creation type of knowledge. But for a dedicated CEO's assistant ("Assistent der Geschäftsleitung") job, the knowledge how to send emails on behalf of the CEO, should be one of the most basic requirements.

[Added]
    Oh, and it didn't surprise us the least that that assistant managed to email a scan of the CEO's monthly credit card bill to literally everyone.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; August 11 2017 at 10:26:58 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Sure didn't feel that fast...
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Yesterday I destroyed a brand new KVM by closing the lid of it while there were some plastic stand offs on the keyboard. Literally the first thing I did after arriving at a clients new office to begin migration work. The hinge was really stiff so I didn't notice any extra resistance when I closed it over

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Worth $1200 maple bucks apparently, cant get a replacement panel because it's some custom massive 4:3 screen so the whole rack mounted KVM needs to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Holy shit nice hit!
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it could be worse mate, imagine a DNS server incapable of providing reverse DNS, not because it's configured wrong, it's configured by the book, but because the underlying DC is so fucked it barely realizes it's a domain controller, and it's idiocy is infectious and transferable.
    Mate so much mate.

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Yesterday I destroyed a brand new KVM by closing the lid of it while there were some plastic stand offs on the keyboard. Literally the first thing I did after arriving at a clients new office to begin migration work. The hinge was really stiff so I didn't notice any extra resistance when I closed it over

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Worth $1200 maple bucks apparently, cant get a replacement panel because it's some custom massive 4:3 screen so the whole rack mounted KVM needs to be replaced
    Rare footage of Lagman in action

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Today I finally added sccm to my LinkedIn... Fuck you sccm you have won and actually become useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

[Img]http://ralara.softwares-name.com[/url] syduck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Battery expanded?

What: Genius Bar reservation
    Why: Apple Watch, My face is peeling off
    When: Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
    Where: Apple Store, Cherry Creek

We shall see, I'm not fucking touching it until they take a look.

So looks like I'm covered: https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/28/apple...rage-warranty/

Happened when it was on my wrist.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    lolApple

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    lolApple
    Yeah because no one else has ever had issues with products.. I hate apple as much as the next person but this isn't something I have seen before.. Perhaps it's something he's doing with his wrists.

On a slightly related note, I replaced the battery on my moto360 and it's stopped crashing at random now.. All those internet people were right, it was the battery not being able to hold a charge.