hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 413 of 417 FirstFirst ... 313363403410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 8327

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

It also depends on the salt.. Some software literally uses the same string to salt everything which makes the encryption easier to crack because you know what part of the messages is supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

That's still better than the same password resulting in the same hash everywhere in the world (unless it's causing some sort of oracle like the padding attacks on CBC).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT WHY DO SAS DRIVES HAVE THAT STUPID LITTLE BUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONNECTOR I JUST WANT TO USE A SATA POWER CONNECTOR AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH FOR A CONVERTER TO COME IN...

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT WHY DO SAS DRIVES HAVE THAT STUPID LITTLE BUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONNECTOR I JUST WANT TO USE A SATA POWER CONNECTOR AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH FOR A CONVERTER TO COME IN...

That is all.
    There's big money in the mandatory adaptor market. Just ask Apple.

dremmel it off.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

That is all.
    There's big money in the mandatory adaptor market. Just ask Apple.
    Its not really an adapter.. SAS disks have an extra set of pins on them between the sata data and power parts.. This is why you can plug SATA drives in to a SAS controller (It just fails back to SATA speeds) but not SAS drives in to a SATA controller (The controller doesnt know how to tell the disk to fall back).. This is why I now have a SAS controller in my desktop to begin with..

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    dremmel it off.
    Not an option on the drive but its kind of an option on the connectors...

It seems that MS have finally found the source code for Notepad on a floppy drive in someone's garage and updated it to support *nix & mac linebreaks!
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-line-endings/
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    It seems that MS have finally found the source code for Notepad on a floppy drive in someone's garage and updated it to support *nix & mac linebreaks!
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-line-endings/
    That's the best announcement to come out of Build.

And Powershell Terminal gets Tabs.
    And windows gets CURL and Tar.
    And VSC gets regular upgrades ... MS is on a roll.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

I love microsoft, really. Fuck oracle. Woo
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

wtf is up with that ? they're updating tools older than most of their users, with useful and much requested features that the community have been demanding for up-to 20 years.

what in the devil is going on over there ? this is not the microsoft i remember.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Microsoft have been definitely not terrible on the productivity and tools front for a good 5 or 6 years now. I suspect it's one part being forced to catch up by Amazon and one part all their old greybeards dying off and the new kids they've hired have just taken one look at their ecosystem and gone "fuck this"

as a former annoited greybeard (yes, i lay claim to that title, i got a fucking NT4 cert to prove it) i would never have objected to the tools getting made better, especially staples like notepad.

i know they've been trying to make powershell not-completely-shit for a while now (use the 1.0 and call it not-shit, i fucking dare you!) but branching out into the older stuff like notepad, whaa?

next up, you're going to tell me hyperterm is going to come back, and it's going to be talking SSH.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Windows 10, as of about six months ago, does in fact do SSH.

It's a great time to be doing anything windows related, because that has become pretty much anything now.

Windows and Linux containers side by side with no weird hacky fixes (at least obvious ones) is in the works too and might have come out with 1803.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    i am aware of that, but it's not the same as booting up hyperterm and doing it there.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    wtf is up with that ? they're updating tools older than most of their users, with useful and much requested features that the community have been demanding for up-to 20 years.

what in the devil is going on over there ? this is not the microsoft i remember.
    I suggest it's because they're finally getting past supporting XP, and since Win7 the OS hasn't really changed much more w.r.t. traditional components, so they're far more able to flirt with breaking backwards compatibility because even their current EOL OS is for basically-current-day apps, which should no longer have the janky legacy hackery that they previously avoided jeopardising. In effect there's minimal backwards compatility to even have to consider while still supporting a 9-years-old-this-June OS.
    That and if you're going to try sell the OS as a subscription service, you need to be putting out at least some stream of minor updates. And if they break something with 10, people can be assumed to be in a situation where they're expecting regular updates pushed to them, to be able fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    :mind_blown.jpg:
    meh

Its OK, they are still doing the occasional pants on head retarded things..

Exchange Online can use the Azure Conditional Access framework so you can setup conditional access to people mailboxes. This allows you to do things like require 2 factor authentication for untrusted applications or devices that aren't enrolled. Lockout external mailbox access for a specific set of users. Require a specific set of users to register their phones to be able to get their mailboxes. Lock out connections from specific countries, etc etc.. Its all rules based and its really powerful.

With 1 exception.

If your application doesnt support 'modern authentication' exchange online will fall back to legacy authentication and completely bypass every single rule you have added. Their solution is to make sure you only connect using applications that support modern authentication! Because you know, your not implementing this to lock out people from being able to use the email on their personal phones that you have zero control over and where 75% of the applications immediately drop back to legacy authentication.

The only way around this is to use ADFS as your authenticator and setup a rule in that to deny legacy authentication. The issue with this is if I HAD ADFS setup then I could just implement all of these rules in that instead..

The new microsoft is great but occasionally they still fall back in to the terrible old mindset of not thinking things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Indeed.

Reminds me a bit of CCP's Team Little Things back in the day, which fixed a ton of annoyances that has been in EVE for as long as I played EVE.