hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 417 of 417 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417
Results 8,321 to 8,327 of 8327

Thread: I don't need sanity, work in IT (thread) every day

Our college sharepoint is a total fucking clusterfuck.

Sem prick who "wants to be in charge of stuff" decided he'd "do sharepoint" with no plan, or skill. instead he took the content from 3 regional intranets, all of which were unmanaged and a bit creakey, and merged them into one god forsaken mess of shite.

The only saving grace to the entire site is the IT department wiki on there which I manage, and periodically tidy up. Our wiki si ace. the rest is an unholy mess of unskilled, noUX bollocks.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Can't be worse than our current iteration of abusing moodle to host files (it's a perversion of what moodle is supposed to do, but it's actually not bad). Currently we do very little sharing of files so I am not worried about sharepoint. I will probably educated myself on how it works and such and then gradually introduce it at school after we rolled out O365, especially the email accounts.
    nevar forget

If all you want to do is sharing files, then for all intends and purposes just use MS Teams and create appropriate channels.

As mentioned: MS Teams automagically sets up a Sharepoint site for each channel, where it puts all files dropped into the MS Teams channel. At the top of each channel, MS Teams provides you with 3 tabs: "Conversations" (=the actual chat window), "Files" (all files posted to this channel) and "Wiki" (self-explanatory).

That way you can/do use Sharepoint for its intended usage, but can leave it to the "automagic" to manage it, without the need to mess with it yourself.

It also integrates with OneDrive, so that you can also access to those files in your OneDrive app.

Fun fact: one drive *IS* sharepoint these days. it's all the same backend.

I would just like to say right now a big fuck you to office365.. Its telling me there are sync errors but when I check the error list its empty. They have broken indexing on Sharepoint AGAIN.. The Skype for Mac issue still isn't resolved almost a month after it started happening and they cant work out how to order email lists in the anti-spam interface by date and time.. (of and reporting is occasionally fucked but fuck reporting).

Oh, and the whole reason this started.. I now cant update the default skype client policy.. Apparently our root admin no longer has permissions to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

on the plus side, you now get to fight your way through 3 or 4 layers of decreasingly useless support for a fe days until the problems magically go away

No.. What I spent today doing is trying to work out how to manage the Skype for business contact list per department. Basically I worked it out and it's fucking ugly..

Skype uses the Azure ad domain OR the exchange online gal depending on how you configure it. If it's using Azure you are out of luck. Convert it.. If it's using the gal then you can force contacts in to users personal contact list with some very specific guidelines and have them populate the users quick contacts in Skype.. It's not easy and almost all of the 3rd party tools that do it are broken, but I managed to force some groups in to my test users list.. It took a few hours with mfcmapi to work it all out and I think my outlook contact list is now permanently broken, but I got there.. I just need to work out how to automate now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.