hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Music I dont get/All new music is bad, the kids are wrong!

Music I dont get/All new music is bad, the kids are wrong!

[Inspired by old fart music comments in Automation thread I give you this]

As an old fart I must, by default, not like most new popular music. Its just the law. Those damn kids and their strange taste, it just sounds like noise to me!

That said, what really annoys me is that I seemingly dont get music that is wildly popular. I have a bunch but my main example is Travis Scott.
    He seems to inspire and lift people up and have an insane following, from the blackest och the whitest young guys I have ever seen. And I just dont get it. I want (I fuckin need!) to get it, but I dont!

"Everyone" is just up and exploding about the energy but listening to the songs and watching the videos there is...none? There are gigantic buildups that just come out as very low tempo, off beat disappointment?
    People go nuts at his live shows and jumps like their life dependent on it but I cant understand what beat they are jumping to? I've played his shit so loud my earphones cant handle it but my old fag ears cant hear it...

So thats my example of the kids are wrong and I am not out of touch. What you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    IF YOUR NOT PLAYING DOOM SOUNDTRACKS ALL DAY FICK YOU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lowa [NSN
    So thats my example of the kids are wrong and I am not out of touch. What you got?
    I have no clue, I've been listening to Red Hot Chilipeppers' Californication album for a few days now in a loop. It's 22 years old.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Synthwave is the only new thing that got my attention in years. And it's a retro thing
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; April 7 2021 at 06:38:06 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

All new music after leaving your early twenties sucks, it's the law.

Also this episode about Homer feeling old and out of it is 25 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    That said, what really annoys me is that I seemingly dont get music that is wildly popular. I have a bunch but my main example is Travis Scott.
    He seems to inspire and lift people up and have an insane following, from the blackest och the whitest young guys I have ever seen. And I just dont get it. I want (I fuckin need!) to get it, but I dont!
    Why are you annoyed and why do you need/want to get it?

Look at it this way: if everyone "jumps" to "new music" (whatever that means, I guess new music genres would be a better term*)), old genres and artists would slowly fade away. Which IMHO would be a huge loss, both for our cultural heritage and diversification.

*) e.g. I keep adding new artists playing my old style of music to my collection all the time. Does this qualify as "new music" or "old music" then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Why are you annoyed and why do you need/want to get it?
    Its a bit of FOMO and that I like music. Really dumb I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.