Page 450 of 477 FirstFirst ... 350400440447448449450451452453460 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 9532

Thread: [Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    GRRM is no Tolkein but did anyone else notice a drop in qualifty once the plot moved beyond the source material?
    It.. Changed. the first freehand season (6?) stared off a bit ropey but i felt it grew into it'self, and gains bonus points for "moving the plot forward" rather than "murdering everyone you are emotionally invested in".
    Never forget the year teleportation arrived to westeros.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    GRRM is no Tolkein but did anyone else notice a drop in qualifty once the plot moved beyond the source material?
    It.. Changed. the first freehand season (6?) stared off a bit ropey but i felt it grew into it'self, and gains bonus points for "moving the plot forward" rather than "murdering everyone you are emotionally invested in".
    That didn't happen until the very end with the super-fast Dragon response to the white walkers.

Everything else before then was just due to a lot of time passing between scenes, and fucknuts on the internet not understanding that seasons in GOT last for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    fucknuts on the internet
    Covers most posting tbh.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

That didn't happen until the very end with the super-fast Dragon response to the white walkers.

Everything else before then was just due to a lot of time passing between scenes, and fucknuts on the internet not understanding that seasons in GOT last for years.
    I think GRRM is close to Tolkien tbh, the depth of his books is astounding whilst not being at all boring (Okay, Feast of Crows had bits). Characters that are so well written its brilliant.

Victarion 2020
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

I think GRRM is close to Tolkien tbh, the depth of his books is astounding whilst not being at all boring (Okay, Feast of Crows had bits). Characters that are so well written its brilliant.

Victarion 2020
    Also GRRM books actually received an editing pass before being published.

Alt Shift X has been doing some vids recently, good but not postable.

This new one is a nice theory

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

There was definitely some sansa teleportation, and varis and littlefinger also could teleport.

oh yeah and greyworm and his army also teleported to the south west side of westeros with all their horses in record time

Also Gilly's baby is about 3 years old and still a baby.

Oh yeah, bran and meera took 2 books/seasons to get from the wall to bloodraven. Teleport back in record time (even with the help of nuncle benj)

Its absolutely rife, is the teleportation.

Have some briene of Tarth

Last edited by Duckslayer; February 25 2019 at 11:35:21 AM.

have some An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback I 9tm92l-afd1iGOua)

le fixewd

Victarion 2020
    AHAHAHA WAT. Martin's writing is fucking appalling. Tolkien should be turning in his grave at the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Have some briene of Tarth
    brighton of tarth.

tis a silly place.

TBH Tolkien wasn't even that great, it's the babys first fantasy but his pacing and general storytelling is really hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

Victarion 2020
    AHAHAHA WAT. Martin's writing is fucking appalling. Tolkien should be turning in his grave at the comparison.
    Ye okay, you read 8 pages of Merry singing at Brandybuck (or whatever that village is called)

Tolkien was good don't get me wrong, but the POV angle and world building in GRRMs books is just pure joy.

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Just say they both suck and be done with it you nerds!

I prefer the image of Arya getting somewhat aroused over seeing dragons.

Everyone else: *screeches of terror*
    Arya: "I'm gonna ride that and burn the fuck out of everything and everyone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Emotionally broken child in sadist fetish shock

I am *STILL* angry about that damn book.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.