Page 419 of 457 FirstFirst ... 319369409416417418419420421422429 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 9121

Thread: [Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

  1. #8361
    THE PUNISHED
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fuck UngoodTuesdays
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    still holding out hope for stannis to come back from the dead and smash all the other cunts who want the throne
    I.... did they burn his body? It was Roose who was told of it, wasn't it? He doesn't know to burn them. If the ice king gets down to Winter... sorry WHEN the ice king gets down to winterfell, those... tens of thousands of bodies from Stannis and co... they're still there. No one survived to tell Roose to burn them.


    "Just do your duty. Oh, by the way, you need t.. ARGH!"

  2. #8362
    THE PUNISHED
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fuck UngoodTuesdays
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Never heard "chancer" before.

    chancer
    British slang for a scheming opportunist. Usually, it means someone who acts "kind" and takes advantage of a situation and manipulates said individual(s), without their consent. And later exploits it for their own gain.
    Doesn't really fit, I'll just assume you meant cancer and go about my daily business.
    That's not a good definition of chancer, it's more about sub-par tradesmen who blag their way onto jobs and do shitty work.

    edit: The Wombles never forget.
    like a cowboy?

  3. #8363

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Never heard "chancer" before.

    chancer
    British slang for a scheming opportunist. Usually, it means someone who acts "kind" and takes advantage of a situation and manipulates said individual(s), without their consent. And later exploits it for their own gain.
    Doesn't really fit, I'll just assume you meant cancer and go about my daily business.
    That's not a good definition of chancer, it's more about sub-par tradesmen who blag their way onto jobs and do shitty work.

    edit: The Wombles never forget.
    like a cowboy?
    Yep.

  4. #8364

    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I actually thought it was a bit dull, just setup stuff. Like, it was serviceable but not a memorable episode really and it did little to advance the main story.

      Spoiler:
    I also thought that scene with Ed Sheeran sandwiched in for no reason was fucking awful, one of the most forced and unrealistic scenes in the show's history. It was Sand Snakes bad.
    Not 'quite' Sand Snakes bad but I agree with the majority of what you are saying. Tis filler, that's all as an episode. Could do better.

    Loved the repeating scene with Sam but then again my humour goes that way, my bad.
    Last edited by Meester; July 17 2017 at 08:27:58 PM.

  5. #8365
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,576
    Ed scene wasnt bad because of Ed. It was bad because,
      Spoiler:
    as someone pointed out, not "realistic" compared to every other god damn time anyone has ever happened upon any squad of soldiers from any faction.
    So far it has always been a bunch of suspicious murderous bastards (more or less) and suddenly its a camp of boy scouts with manners? Fuck that!
    That said, it does only add to the "something really bad will happen" feeling for me.

    My Ed-theory before it has played out;
    They wont/cant play him out as a murderous rapist. He/record company has an image to protect.

    That said, it opens a few things;

    1. Lannister has only boys (and old men har har har) left. But on the other hand we've seen thats not quite true.
    2. On the other, other hand it could be that they left the youngins behind as "protectors" who doesnt necessarily need to be murderous bastards. But it helps.

    Queens present;
    Euron felt a bit "over the top" in his presentation but it sort of solidifies his character as rather insane (in a JD kind of way almost). His gift cant be anything less than a very high level player from the other factions, dead or alive (pref alive if I have to guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  6. #8366

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    5,181
    Ed was shit because he added nothing to the scene and his big ugly mug was gurning away, slightly out of focus right in the middle of my TV for the whole fucking scene. "It's a new one" was one step too far.

    Almost ruined what was otherwise a great episode.

  7. #8367
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Ed was shit because he added nothing to the scene and his big ugly mug was gurning away, slightly out of focus right in the middle of my TV for the whole fucking scene. "It's a new one" was one step too far.

    Almost ruined what was otherwise a great episode.
    Alright, I allow it; Please explain wtf the GoT level of hate of Ed comes from. What exactly has he done to deserve it? Honest question. I know of him but never given a single fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  8. #8368

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    2,672
    ser bronn of the blackwater sings better


  9. #8369

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    5,181
    Who said anything about hating him? He's a bland, uninteresting pop musician with a huge fanbase. Doesn't mean we hate him. He served no purpose in the scene and it made it feel like the whole thing had just been shoved in to give him some screen time. He can't act, has no charisma and yet somehow ended up with more lines than most of the principal characters of a major television drama. He's recognisable and was clearly ed sheeran being ed sheeran in the middle of fucking westeros. Every shot was set up to have his face square in the middle of it. Just utterly broke the immersion of the scene.

    It's not the first cameo from a famous musician, but I'd challenge anyone to recall more than one or two of them without looking them up. The others were all far better done.

  10. #8370
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Ed was shit because he added nothing to the scene and his big ugly mug was gurning away, slightly out of focus right in the middle of my TV for the whole fucking scene. "It's a new one" was one step too far.

    Almost ruined what was otherwise a great episode.
    Alright, I allow it; Please explain wtf the GoT level of hate of Ed comes from. What exactly has he done to deserve it? Honest question. I know of him but never given a single fuck.
    Been a big goofy singer singing like the big goof he is and appearing in a scene for no reason other than being a big goof. He didn't shit up the scene alone but it was shit and he was a factor in it.



  11. #8371

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    5,181
    More positively: Jim Broadbent. Oh yes. More of that please.

  12. #8372
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Ed was shit because he added nothing to the scene and his big ugly mug was gurning away, slightly out of focus right in the middle of my TV for the whole fucking scene. "It's a new one" was one step too far.

    Almost ruined what was otherwise a great episode.
    Alright, I allow it; Please explain wtf the GoT level of hate of Ed comes from. What exactly has he done to deserve it? Honest question. I know of him but never given a single fuck.
    Been a big goofy singer singing like the big goof he is and appearing in a scene for no reason other than being a big goof. He didn't shit up the scene alone but it was shit and he was a factor in it.
    Alright. I still dont get it, maybe I havent been exposed to him enough or something. Maybe I would react the same if it was a no good for nothing Idol winner from Sweden.
    I get the argument of him being in show just because of who he is which is just stupid.

    Back side of this is that rumor has it it all Aryas fault. Big fan, wanted to have him in the show for ages. We can only hope for gruesome death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  13. #8373

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    More positively: Jim Broadbent. Oh yes. More of that please.
    Let's hope he will have more scenes then Ian McShane.

  14. #8374
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    11,697
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    still holding out hope for stannis to come back from the dead and smash all the other cunts who want the throne
    book stannis team hope

    phoneposting


  15. #8375

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Or, just throwing it out there, things are about to go horribly wrong.

    Euron has 1000 ships and Danny's fleet is in a harbour.

    Littlefinger is getting pissed off and he can actually take Winterfell for himself with his troops right now - or ride off to help Cersei vs the Dornish and so forth.

    Arya's going to be in danger in KL (wildfire explosions and Dragon Fire are pretty indiscriminate).


    You can't have a "OH MY GOD!" moment if there isn't something to cherish before hand.

    Oh, and ice giants are close by

    Wellll... if things stay on track, then

      Spoiler:

    The dragons get fucked up, including one becoming an ice-zombie dragon, and Cersei's forces dont get completely destroyed but instead fight with Dany to some kind of stalemate (iirc). Also, no Cleganebowl yet. So, not everything going perfectly in the end.

  16. #8376
    Raine Woot's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Amurikuh
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Or, just throwing it out there, things are about to go horribly wrong.

    Euron has 1000 ships and Danny's fleet is in a harbour.

    Littlefinger is getting pissed off and he can actually take Winterfell for himself with his troops right now - or ride off to help Cersei vs the Dornish and so forth.

    Arya's going to be in danger in KL (wildfire explosions and Dragon Fire are pretty indiscriminate).


    You can't have a "OH MY GOD!" moment if there isn't something to cherish before hand.

    Oh, and ice giants are close by

    Wellll... if things stay on track, then

      Spoiler:

    The dragons get fucked up, including one becoming an ice-zombie dragon, and Cersei's forces dont get completely destroyed but instead fight with Dany to some kind of stalemate (iirc). Also, no Cleganebowl yet. So, not everything going perfectly in the end.
    What is hype may never die. Zombie Gregor and Gravedigger Sandor must fight. Somehow.

    Fuck the spoiler tags, the thread has [All Spoilers, All The Time] in the title.

    I really loved the episode, it had a great and comfortable "welcome back, here's some little things that happened while you were gone" vibe that I would imagine is easy to mess up and hard to get right. It said that and gave that feeling while somehow still not being boring. I especially loved Sam's montage because I identify with the bowing and scraping while having a higher, more important goal in mind, and having to put up with all the horribleness simply because your goal is all-important and you have no other choice. The whole thing imo managed to make the ho-hum and what you already expected to be happening still fun to watch because it just felt so right and so well done. Arya didn't get found out and killed, Sandor didn't off himself, Daenerys didn't fall off her ship and drown. No big happenings, yet still wonderfully enjoyable. What more can you ask for in an episode 1 of season 7 of any show? As others said, good episodes like this make the incredible ones to come. The deliciously horrifying things we're going to see will only have a bite because you love the good stuff right now.

    As for the Sheeran scene, I also didn't recognize him. I know of him and have heard his songs entirely too many times on the radio, but he's not a household popstar name and face around here. Coming into the scene, I thought the song was lovely and new to the show and the soldier singing it had a wonderful voice, backed by visuals of a beautiful, idyllic woodland, and I took it just like that. As if to show that all the faceless soldiers have some talent and skill and personality beyond holding and using a sword, because they're all real whole people. Obvious in saying it but seldom really understood when thinking about a group of soldiers. And Arya cautiously joining them and getting all chummy imo seemed more to be a show of her immense and growing confidence that despite whatever they may try she could handle it. And when she deadpan states her goal, her eyes dart around to all of them because she's interested in what they think, even knowing they probably won't take her seriously. She knows that what she will do will be important, will change big things, as well as achieving her vengeance. But she also wants to confirm, to see the reaction in others' faces. Wants some confirmation that what she's set out to do will have a real, big effect. Her journey and development has been very solitary, and even though she's sure of herself, she has no one else hanging around to offer encouragement or any affirmation that she is doing the right thing. Can't imagine what that would be like at her age, and yet she soldiers on.

    But to be fair, if Ed Sheeran was replaced with Justin Bieber or some other young pop jackoff that I could see and recognize, it would have ruined the whole scene as well for me and felt shoehorned in. So I really can't blame those who feel that way.
    Last edited by Raine Woot; July 18 2017 at 03:20:38 AM.

  17. #8377
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,464
    #Cleganebowl2017

    Posted von mein Tapashitcunt

  18. #8378

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,429
    +1 for "didn't even realise it was Ed Sheeran, and didn't give a fuck". Though tbh i'd be hard pressed to actually recognise one of his songs, just not the kind of music i listen to.

    Seems like a nice voice though, the song was pretty good. Was an alright scene.

    TBF though i agree with the people saying "maybe if i knew him better it'd stick out more". Thankfully just wasn't an issue for me.

    At least it wasn't The Bieber.

  19. #8379
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,852
    Stop pretending you are cool and don't know who he is.



  20. #8380

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Stop pretending you are cool and don't know who he is.
    Haha, i'm not cool. I just don't like modern pop

    I will happily confess to liking some utter shite, but not that particular brand. If i'm gonna listen to pop, it's classic 80's cheese pop thx.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •