Page 418 of 457 FirstFirst ... 318368408415416417418419420421428 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 9121

Thread: [Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
      Spoiler:
    I also thought that scene with Ed Sheeran sandwiched in for no reason was fucking awful, one of the most forced and unrealistic scenes in the show's history. It was Sand Snakes bad.
      Spoiler:
    It's an Arya scene. The point of the scene is to show she is heading south again and not north. That she runs in to Lannister men and considered murdering them all but then doesn't. It shows that she's not psychotic, just very... driven toward her goal. The scene also humanises some of the Lannister soldiers (we may see them on the receiving end of swords later this season). I don't think we've ever really seen how the average Lannister bannerman lives or is treated. It showed they're not all evil like Tywin or Cersei. It also shows that not everyone you come across in the forests is going to rape / murder you for no reason.

It tells us Arya's next target - Cersei - and so within 10 seconds we know her arc this season. It also mirrors Jamie Lannister saying "whoever killed them is not our ally".

I believe he had only 4 words, it wasn't his scene at all.

Now I know it's him, him looking at the camera saying "it's a new song" is like "really? REALLY?" but since I didn't know it was him, it didn't register.

Other than that 2.7 seconds of dialogue, what about the scene was forced or unrealistic?

Spoiler:
    It just seemed like a setup that wouldn't happen. Arya probably wouldn't even stop, they wouldn't be so fucking chummy with her, she would have killed them all. It just didn't feel right on any level to me and the acting was also quite shit.

THE PUNISHED
      Spoiler:
    It just seemed like a setup that wouldn't happen. Arya probably wouldn't even stop, they wouldn't be so fucking chummy with her, she would have killed them all. It just didn't feel right on any level to me and the acting was also quite shit.

Fair enough but it's an inversion of this scene:

Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-N-f7UAbE

Arya and the Hound are mirrors of each other. And now he's set aside being a dick, and she's kinda taken it up

the boggle eyed sloth monster from This is England is an absolute fucking chancer of an actor. Fair fucks for still getting roles, however minor

Never heard "chancer" before.

chancer
    British slang for a scheming opportunist. Usually, it means someone who acts "kind" and takes advantage of a situation and manipulates said individual(s), without their consent. And later exploits it for their own gain.
    Doesn't really fit, I'll just assume you meant cancer and go about my daily business.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

Spoiler:
    So they are all out of pens.

Scene seemed fine to me, maybe the "kill the queen bit" was a bit shit, mostly due to delivery. Served its purpose in that it may start a new arc of character development for Arya.

The way Sansa keeps shitting on Littlefinger with impunity seemed more problematic. At least Kit Harrington managed to put a bit of life into his parts.

Overall a good setup episode without any real misssteps. Id like to have seen less shit-scrubbing off Sam and more how his relationship with Gilly (sp?) develops.

Euron and Cersei were the high points probably, closely followed by Clegane.

Spoiler:
    Everything so far also seems to line up with some old leaks, so we have something to look forward to.
      Spoiler:
    Jon boinking his aunt Daenerys in the last episode

Last edited by Lilalaunebör; July 17 2017 at 04:29:11 PM.

the sam montage went on so long i actually started to laugh, bit silly but rest was good

I fucking loved Euron, he is rapidly moving into the favorite character list.
    Clegane part was really good, prob the best bit.

Keep say it, but this was my favorite episode sofar!

I liked the Arya scene, showed a bit of self-doubt in her about how to approach things. Also I don't know who the fuck Ed Sherran is so I don't care about "muh immersion".

I also like Euron because he's a different kind of bad guy, one I don't want to see die. Joffrey, Ramsey, etc were fun to watch but I couldn't wait for them to be offed. Euron is just as despicable but I'm not rooting for his death, at least not yet.
    Last edited by spasm; July 17 2017 at 06:39:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I fucking loved Euron, he is rapidly moving into the favorite character list.
    Clegane part was really good, prob the best bit.

Keep say it, but this was my favorite episode sofar!
    euron seems much better this episode. lively with a hint of menace. the Kings moot last series went pretty shit for him in terms of the actors performamce compared to the epic nature in the book. hopeful it continues

phoneposting

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    On the one hand this was a very nice episode to watch. Sam bit was brilliant and disgusting.

On the other hand nothing surprising happened and all the writing seemed a bit too... neat. Everything is going well for the heroes we're rooting for and the bad guys are getting their just rewards? Has someone secretly killed off GRRM?

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    On the one hand this was a very nice episode to watch. Sam bit was brilliant and disgusting.

On the other hand nothing surprising happened and all the writing seemed a bit too... neat. Everything is going well for the heroes we're rooting for and the bad guys are getting their just rewards? Has someone secretly killed off GRRM?
    GRRM isn't writing this, so you are probably more correct than you thought. This isn't actually based on any of his writing at all, it's entirely for the show now.

He has already said the books might actually be different.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

GRRM isn't writing this, so you are probably more correct than you thought. This isn't actually based on any of his writing at all, it's entirely for the show now.

All true, but I had hoped he'd still have some involvement. Not sure about that after watching this episode.

GRRM doesn't write anything anymore the bloody workshy shit.

Watching the episode again that Arya scene is even worse the second time. An all time low for the series.

All true, but I had hoped he'd still have some involvement. Not sure about that after watching this episode.
    It has felt much more "positive" for about a season now, you can feel where he left the project IMO.

Not that it has made it bad ofc, but the tone has changed a bit.

THE PUNISHED
    Or, just throwing it out there, things are about to go horribly wrong.

Euron has 1000 ships and Danny's fleet is in a harbour.

Littlefinger is getting pissed off and he can actually take Winterfell for himself with his troops right now - or ride off to help Cersei vs the Dornish and so forth.

Arya's going to be in danger in KL (wildfire explosions and Dragon Fire are pretty indiscriminate).

You can't have a "OH MY GOD!" moment if there isn't something to cherish before hand.

Oh, and ice giants are close by

Littlefinger is getting pissed off and he can actually take Winterfell for himself with his troops right now - or ride off to help Cersei vs the Dornish and so forth.

Arya's going to be in danger in KL (wildfire explosions and Dragon Fire are pretty indiscriminate).

You can't have a "OH MY GOD!" moment if there isn't something to cherish before hand.

We can hope, I'm sick of people not crying and getting murdered ffs!

Though I'd have to question how effective Eurons fleet is against Dragon fire, but I can't wait to find out
      Spoiler:
    Tbh, we're due a dead dragon. What if Eurons gift to Cersei is a dragons head?

THE PUNISHED

We can hope, I'm sick of people not crying and getting murdered ffs!

Though I'd have to question how effective Eurons fleet is against Dragon fire, but I can't wait to find out
    Tbh, we're due a dead dragon. What if Eurons gift to Cersei is a dragons head?
    ^ could well be.

He does have the magic horn. We saw him holding it last season, but no one's mentioned it on the show. Will be a bit of a cop out if they use it but...

Drogon's gonna get it.

still holding out hope for stannis to come back from the dead and smash all the other cunts who want the throne

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Never heard "chancer" before.

chancer
    British slang for a scheming opportunist. Usually, it means someone who acts "kind" and takes advantage of a situation and manipulates said individual(s), without their consent. And later exploits it for their own gain.
    Doesn't really fit, I'll just assume you meant cancer and go about my daily business.
    That's not a good definition of chancer, it's more about sub-par tradesmen who blag their way onto jobs and do shitty work.

edit: The Wombles never forget.