Page 1 of 421 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

[Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

A Game of Thrones is an upcoming American medieval fantasy television series created by David Benioff and Dan Weiss for HBO. The series, based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels, chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among noble families for control of the Iron Throne of Westeros. The series will debut on April 17, 2011

HBO has released the first 14 minutes of the Game of Thrones pilot. You can watch it Here

I'm really looking foward to this series, considering that A Song of Ice and Fire is an awesome series and I'm waiting for the next book [hurry up already ].

The TV series will hopefully involve lots of the political machinations and cunning twists that feature in the books. Perhaps the CSM shousl watch it for ideas.
    Last edited by Lorkin Desal; July 6 2015 at 05:56:23 PM. Reason: NSFW Added
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Re: A Game of Thrones

I hope it is as good as the books ,if so then it is going to be my favourite series this year.

Teletubbies was a BBC children's television series, primarily aimed at pre-school viewers, produced from 1997 to 2001 by Ragdoll Productions. It was created by Anne Wood CBE, Ragdoll's creative director, and Andrew Davenport, who wrote each of the show's 365 episodes. The programmer's original narrator was Tim Whitnall. The programme first aired on 31 March 1997, was syndicated in the United States on the PBS network on 6 April 1998 and aired until June 19, 2005.[1] In 2001 production was canceled and it was announced that no new episodes would be produced, with the last episode being aired on 5 January 2001. However, a total of 365 episodes had been produced – enough for a full year.[2] The series was one of four PBS shows to be taken off its regular airing, the other shows being Boohbah (in 2005), Reading Rainbow (in 2006) and Mister Rogers Neighborhood (in 2008).

Ill be honest, I didnt like the books. They were a bit shit, I'm sure the story is good and I'm looking forward to seeing it... but the writing was just impenetrable.

To each his own, I guess, for me they're one of the best fantasy worlds ever put on paper and I am eagerly anticipating the HBO version.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Teletubbies was a BBC children's television series, primarily aimed at pre-school viewers, produced from 1997 to 2001 by Ragdoll Productions. It was created by Anne Wood CBE, Ragdoll's creative director, and Andrew Davenport, who wrote each of the show's 365 episodes. The programmer's original narrator was Tim Whitnall. The programme first aired on 31 March 1997, was syndicated in the United States on the PBS network on 6 April 1998 and aired until June 19, 2005.[1] In 2001 production was canceled and it was announced that no new episodes would be produced, with the last episode being aired on 5 January 2001. However, a total of 365 episodes had been produced – enough for a full year.[2] The series was one of four PBS shows to be taken off its regular airing, the other shows being Boohbah (in 2005), Reading Rainbow (in 2006) and Mister Rogers Neighborhood (in 2008).
    Congrats, I quoted Wikipedia. Dosent mean that you need to be a penis.

Annoys me that the Beeb have been stopped from working with HBO, means all the excellent stuff gets chucked on $ky, which, like around three quarter of the nation, I don't have.

Still, looking forward to this, even if it does get to the end of the tale before the never-ever-ever-going-to-be-released-final-book

First I've heard about the Beeb being told SRY NOP in regards to HBO. Elaborate?

Definately looking forward to the tv series. The books were a good read, had a great triple-story thing going on and actually made you think

Hopefully editing for tv doesnt shit it up

Has good old Bean in it

http://img183.imageshack.us/i/51v64s7hnpl.jpg/

enough said

EDIT : i seem to fail at linking pictures on this forum? wtf? so url instead...
    Planetside 2 nickname = 'Lusc'
    League of Legends nickname = 'Lusc'

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42616957/ ... rtainment/

So can't wait for this to come out!
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

The book are shit, Martin hates the story and will never finish it.

:spoiler:

More people survive reservoir dogs than make it to the 2nd half of the first book, never mind the series.

Looks really good... makes me think I should find the (audio) books first though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2k7

More people survive reservoir dogs than make it to the 2nd half of the first book, never mind the series.
    Did the bad man steal your lollipop?

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    Ill be honest, I didnt like the books. They were a bit shit, I'm sure the story is good and I'm looking forward to seeing it... but the writing was just impenetrable.
    What the hell is wrong with you? Those books are p much the best fantasy every written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis
    What the hell is wrong with you? Those books are p much the best fantasy every written.

This really. By impenetrable do you mean "not pulp trash"?

I found it frustrating to read. Its the kind of book where you want to reach into your imagination and slap the shit out of half the characters or point out the really fucking obvious twist to them while they blindly walk up to it.

Didnt like it, sorry.

Re: Re: A Game of Thrones

I found it frustrating to read. Its the kind of book where you want to reach into your imagination and slap the shit out of half the characters or point out the really fucking obvious twist to them while they blindly walk up to it.

Didnt like it, sorry.
    Gonna have to agree. Although he's good, it doesn't compare to Riftwar and Serpentwar Feist.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed Predator
    Sofia Roseburn; quiet, well mannered librarian by day; blood crazed, psychotic demigod by night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash2k7

aand?

I think its good that loads of people die. More room for :epic:

Quote Originally Posted by Dartzap
    $ky
    hilarious.

have you triedMicro$oft? or Packard Be££?

last one doesn't work v well
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    Can we get Calmdown to
    no we cannot

I have high expectations - i still believe its going to be a good and bloody political story covered in fantasy world. Don't kill my hope pls.