Page 433 of 443 FirstFirst ... 333383423430431432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,660 of 8846

Thread: [Megathread] A Show of Ice and Aspies [All Spoilers, All The Time][NSFW]

@Autismo

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt

Trying to explain it doesn't work, that is why the genre is called fantasy. Its about as realistic as her skill to wear someone elses face and change bodyshape. Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    @Autismo
    Indeed. Can this crap or I'll start handing out honorary German citizenships.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    The fight ended with them both holding their weapon to the other's face, so I think most people would consider that a draw.

It's also worth considering that they were sparing, Brienne was using a training sword and in a real fight she wouldn't have to parry cutting blows from a weapon designed exclusively for thrusting, especially as she's wearing plate armour.

I read the scene as showing how skilled Arya had become, not that she could beat Brienne in a straight up fight.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Tbh i agree with this. Nothing i saw in that scene led me to think that Arya wouldn't get smashed to shit in an actual fight, where things would be quite a bit more physical.
    Not even the bit where she held her sword behind her back, dodged the blows and quickly had the point of her sabre in brienne's neck, all within the first 5 seconds of the fight?

she is basically Wolverine at this point. For "reasons".
    That's because Brienne doesn't think she's had any real training or experience, hence why she is asking.
    This. Once Brienne got a bit more serious, it was quite different. And once even the smallest bit of actual physical strength came into play (boot to the chest), things changed rapidly.
    But as has been pointed out, odds are anybody would underestimate her the same way initially which would end badly for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Trying to explain it doesn't work, that is why the genre is called fantasy. Its about as realistic as her skill to wear someone elses face and change bodyshape. Fin.
    So you agree her character development makes no sense then, but don't care cos you're a cuck to the genre. Got it.

Is it autism to question the shitness of the character development (coincidentally once the books ran out, WONDER WHY) or is it more autism to lap this shit up because SHINY EXPLOSIONS AND OHHHH GOD STARK REUNION AWESOOOOOOOOME!
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    i think LF might go one of 3 ways
    1. killed by a stark. and of the 3 non crips might off him hes done enough to screw all of them.
    2. survive - all the way through the end of the world to keep the game going in the new world.
    3. sacrifice himself for Sansa showing he really was in love but was always just a little shit.

I like LF though, he's so wonderfully slimy and untrustworthy. Sad days if(when) he finally dies.
    Same goes for Varys for that matter.

I like LF though, he's so wonderfully slimy and untrustworthy. Sad days if(when) he finally dies.
    Same goes for Varys for that matter.
    He has lost his allure a bit since he started going on about his parallel universe shit and just being nothing but a bit of a pointless perv since he got to Winterfell.

The character was good and interesting, especially in the books, but it seems to have just gone a bit. He has to something real good soon for me to continue giving a shit about him.

Looks like DandD ran out of a plan for him now they don't have source material. The man who masterminded bankrupting the crown, Assassinating the king and destroying a great house is now just fannying about in a castle surrounded by enemies, looking like a lost puppy. Another amazing character gone to shit. Hes getting killed by Arya obviously.

Fair points from both. he certainly has basically just started lurking around, which makes little sense for somebody of his intelligence and political savvy.

Fair points from both. he certainly has basically just started lurking around, which makes little sense for somebody of his intelligence and political savvy.
    I can only hope he has something up his sleeve, but I fear Duck is right and basically the showrunners are only really focused on the big plotpoint stuff GRRM has told them and have no idea how to tie up other storylines.

I assume Littlefinger will be better in the books on the off chance they ever get published.

In the books, hasn't he basically siphoned off fuck loads of gold for himself to purchase ALL THE FOOD? Probably a Preston Jacobs madman theory but would make sense. Noone is as prepared for everything as Littlefinger (in the books)

I think the character has improved markedly since leaving King's Landing.

Anyway, almost for sure Arya will kill LF, possibly after getting insight from Bran, though it seems like Bran struggles to tell people stuff he should tell them as he doesn't seem to know what is and isn't relevant information to them.
    I think Bran has Dr. Manhatten's problem in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

Anyway, almost for sure Arya will kill LF, possibly after getting insight from Bran, though it seems like Bran struggles to tell people stuff he should tell them as he doesn't seem to know what is and isn't relevant information to them.
    Yeah it is quite similar.

A simple 1 minute "you need to stay off the treedrug bran youre becoming a wasteman" would have helped continuity. He went from bran to jojen reed in zero scenes.

So you agree her character development makes no sense then, but don't care cos you're a cuck to the genre. Got it.

Is it autism to question the shitness of the character development (coincidentally once the books ran out, WONDER WHY) or is it more autism to lap this shit up because SHINY EXPLOSIONS AND OHHHH GOD STARK REUNION AWESOOOOOOOOME!
    I agree her character development makes no sense but I don't care in part because it also went nowhere in the books. But the show isn't the books, obviously, so expecting the same level of grounding from the shows writers is naive, consequently I like the bits with Arya less compared to the book. However, cutting away bits of the story has also made the plot actually move forward (contrary to dance of dragons), so I accept it as "can't have the good without the bad". You can call that being cucked to the genre if that fits your worldview.

I agree her character development makes no sense but I don't care because it also went nowhere in the books. But the show isn't the books, obviously, so expecting the same level of grounding from the shows writers is naive, consequently I don't like the bits with Arya as much. However, cutting away bits of the story has also made the plot actually move forward (contrary to dance of dragons), so I accept it as "can't have the good without the bad". You can call that being cucked to the genre if that fits your worldview.
    It does.

Yeah it is quite similar.
    Dr Branhattan

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

That exceptman of extraordinary taste. You wear a fine hat, and wear it very well, i has.

I hope we see Meera again with Howland in Season 8 and he can confirm Jons parentage

She is kinda hot tbh, never really noticed it till now.

(and there is a theory meera is jons sister, split up between howland and ned for protection etc... the similar hair styles/looks)
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread