hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fate of FHC.

Fate of FHC.

Secret recording from the moderator bunker.

https://captiongenerator.com/2175377/-FHC-Parody

ye m8 we mostly post on discord nowadays

including babes

it even has rep, no point in realposting here anymore

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Whilst Discord is cool and all, you cant replace a forum with a chat.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    90% of posting doesn't need to be pinned.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 19 2021 at 08:00:23 AM.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Realtalk

Reddit has killed forums everywhere.
    The upvoted-style of reddit is cancer on the internet, the chronological format of forums is hugely better for actual discussion, and dampening of hive-minding.

But it's never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    To be fair, all our 'deep' discussions here go round in circles and there's no follow up on people's arguments, so the few supposed benefits of forums over chat are hardly utilised.

90% of posting doesn't need to be pinned.
    meh

I really liked the threaded style of the bulletin board format. Topics could wander off in any direction without the risk of derailing a discussion, just adding to it.

Reddit, while amusing at times, is just a meme factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    To be fair, all our 'deep' discussions here go round in circles and there's no follow up on people's arguments, so the few supposed benefits of forums over chat are hardly utilised.
    Speaking of which
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Fully in favour of it in a consumer context. What power do we have if not to choose where and what to consume based on our values?

Fully against it in an academic context.

Needs to be proportionate and goal-oriented rather than punative in any context.
    Fair enough

What power do we have if not to choose where and what to consume based on our values?
    This is where I have questions. What values can ever be appropriately signaled through consumer choice when faced with the practical reality of society? Aren't our consumer choices disproportionately limited by the consumption choices we are offered rather than the consumption choices we demand?

And what about the fact we exist as a duality of consumer and product? Workers also ultimately exist as both producer and consumer.
    It's hard to overstate how much companies individually and the market collectively responds to consumer trends (and the political trends which arise from popular support).

You can be cynical about it (like anything else, what's new?) because it is profit-seeking behaviour, and insist it doesnt go far enough but statistically the impact is massive and not merely tokenistic. The rise of organic food, renewable power supply companies and consumer rejection of palm oil are three great examples - the entire markets (and consumption choices available) have shifted as a response to socially-conscious consumer trends, and the results have changed the entire supply chains for not just these goods but related ones. There are loads more examples (car mileage / electric vehicles, ethical clothing production, fair trade etc). You can pooh pooh these impacts but I doubt you could provide evidence of their insubstantiality.

What's your point about the duality? Isnt that merely a matter of context? You mean that in some cases your motivations in both roles might conflict? E.g. an environmentally conscious coal miner? Isn't the defining nature of principles that sometimes one must act against ones own interest in support of them?

Consumer choices aren't going to move the needle on climate change, which is arguably the biggest issue facing humanity at the moment.
    Lifestyle Changes Aren’t Enough to Save the Planet. Here’s What Could
    Added emissions from SUVs offset emissions reductions by electric cars in 2020

Is that enough evidence of their insubstantiality? Organic food is a corporate marketing exercise, not a radical agricultural shift. We're seeing a return of the use of environmentally damaging pesticides (Bad news for bees: Government reverses ban on bee-killing neonicotinoids).

My point about duality is that consumers don't always have the means to make changes on principle. Labour is getting an ever reduced share of created wealth, how do you expect people to exercise ever increasing ethical consumer choices when they have decreasing economic means to do so?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I missed that. Your data artificially limits the impact of consumer choices to their DIRECT impact in the tiny field of lifestyle changes (i.e. choosing an electric car over a petrol car) and ignores their INDIRECT impact (supporting an environmentally conscious brand over a polluting one, making polluting brands socially unacceptable). You cant change the world with the former but you absolutely can with the latter. "BUH BUH BUH BUSINESS IS MUCH WORSE POLLUTER THAN PEOPLE", yes, but who determines which businesses succeed?

Now whether consumers are WILLING to exercise this power responsibly is a whole other question.

I missed that. Your data artificially limits the impact of consumer choices to their DIRECT impact (i.e. choosing an electric car over a petrol car) and ignores their INDIRECT impact (supporting an environmentally conscious brand over a polluting one). You cant change the world with the former but you absolutely can with the latter. "BUH BUH BUH BUSINESS IS MUCH WORSE POLLUTER THAN PEOPLE", yes, but who determines which businesses succeed?
    Government subsidy and the old boys network which is a development of aristocratic intermingling with the emergent merchant classes over the 19th and 20th centuries?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I missed that. Your data artificially limits the impact of consumer choices to their DIRECT impact (i.e. choosing an electric car over a petrol car) and ignores their INDIRECT impact (supporting an environmentally conscious brand over a polluting one). You cant change the world with the former but you absolutely can with the latter. "BUH BUH BUH BUSINESS IS MUCH WORSE POLLUTER THAN PEOPLE", yes, but who determines which businesses succeed?
    Government subsidy and the old boys network which is a development of aristocratic intermingling with the emergent merchant classes over the 19th and 20th centuries?
    If you genuinely believe that consumer choices and qualitative criteria of their products and services have no material impact on the success of businesses then I dont know what to tell you.

Consumer choices are limited to the selection of products they are offered. The selection of products they are offered are limited on the supply side by those who produce them. The consumer market is another form of manufactured consent due to the barrier of entry imposed by existing market participants which select for the products which produce maximal profit with no regard (until maybe the last decade for twee marketing campaigns) for delivering social good.

What consumer choice has really existed for energy while the oil companies were leveraging their market status to hide scientific evidence of impending environmental disaster until the information gap with the public was breached?

There is a limit to the social benefit relying on consumer choice brings, especially when consumers are the same workers who face diminishing buying power.

11 posts from meme to turning this thread into yet another FHC idpol shite thread. GGWP turbonerds.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    11 posts from meme to turning this thread into yet another FHC idpol shite thread. GGWP turbonerds.

This cant happen on Discoturd, so thats why PHBBrlbbbr boards are better.
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Keckers is mentaly retarded nonshocker.

You can all exercise your consumer choice in reading my posts or not, you'll see the environmental damage we're all avoiding by making similar day to day choices as empowered consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Realtalk

The upvoted-style of reddit is cancer on the internet, the chronological format of forums is hugely better for actual discussion, and dampening of hive-minding.

Upvote system is great for stack overflow!

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Realtalk

Upvote system is great for stack overflow!

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.