hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [SHC Repost] Rookie mistakes you just cant help making.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaid View Post
    Duno what's wrong with a passiv typhoon I even active tank em sometimes. I heard also people reacting like you when I do so and claiming to only passive tank typhoon and let active for the mael. tbh I stoped listening to fitting politicians because the only fit that works is the fit of the winner no matter what you can theorize in station.[/url]

thats not a "passive" fit...thats an armor buffer fit. When you said passive, I'm sure everyone thought you meant passive shield tank, because thats what most people wouldve associated the word "passive" with.

Also, that fit... What were you thinking with a CCC? Just because a rig is fitted when you get the ship doesnt mean you have to keep it. The idea is to throw the best possible fit on your ship

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Donor
    Jumping into a close range ship and failing to update my orbit button's range. It's pretty terrible to get on a target, nice and close, then hit the button and then fly straight away at zero transversal...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Griffin View Post
    Using the orbit button.
    Fixed your post.

Last friday was truly special for me, I lost 2 lokis within 10 minutes.. The primary rookie mistake I made was logging on to eve when i was incredibly tired, about to move house and incredibly stressed. and choosing to pvp.

In my desperation take out my IRL problems by BLOWING SOME MUTHERFUKING INTERNET SPACESHIPS UP DARLING I walked right into a trap...

http://kb.sotek-eve.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1860

I knew the trap was there... just really really underestimated it.

Then, we started panicking as everyone except a backup alt with shitty skills was podded out of the WH or out in empire returning from an operation I dived out of a wh with my proby loki to get us back in. WH collapsed behind me (yes a fucking cruiser collapesd it) and i was in a highsec island, proceeded head to jita, then bounce off a stargate without hitting jump in time, right into an Ev0ke gate camp....

:0

http://kb.sotek-eve.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1863

Also, the day after, in an effort to reclaim some self-respect, i try and solo a myrmidon in a cynabal. Even after living in w-space for 2+ years WH jump mechanics can turn horribly against you. I was chasing him around my c4 and he jumped into a C2, I followed and pointed him the other-side, he went back through right away... great I thought, when I follow we will both be locked on the other-side for 2 min so I can kill him.... not if he gets 2x web & scram on me before I can get range Was one of those fights where you are both in deep structure and the person who gets the next volley off first will...
    Last edited by Artjay; August 5 2011 at 08:49:27 AM.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Successfully evade gate camp while roaming in Comet. Bounce around some celestials and then warp to out gate only to discover that this was a side system you were investigating and land right on a hictor bubble while chatting in local about how you're not going to warp back to them. Wake up in new clone as arty Hurricane volleys your poor confused little ship and pod.

Quote Originally Posted by Wensley View Post
    Successfully evade gate camp while roaming in Comet. Bounce around some celestials and then warp to out gate only to discover that this was a side system you were investigating and land right on a hictor bubble while chatting in local about how you're not going to warp back to them. Wake up in new clone as arty Hurricane volleys your poor confused little ship and pod.
    Take core probe launcher, awesome WH escape is a go
    Done that a few times while being camped in dead end systems.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Fixed your post.
    not everyone is awesome at manual piloting, I'm crap at it especially in a close range ship

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

Manual piloting works ok for me up until the moment I realize I am burning directly at the enemy with zero transversal and am scrammed and webbed and dead.

I regularly fit the wrong mods if the icon is similar.

Protip ~ a 1mn hurricane has plenty of grid but less than stellar performance.

not burning straight up when surrounded by bad guys. sure there's very likely no easy celestial to warp to, but you probably also aren't going to have to burn through 50km of dual heavy neuts and point before being able to warp... made it 40km. also, when you explode you will be a rising beautiful testament to el33t pvp escaping into the ether above those beneath you and they will immediately realize, upon viewing your bold presence above them, their inferiority and they will feel bad for what they done.

Now I have a signature, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joe space View Post
    burning straight up when surrounded by bad guys... when you explode you will be a rising beautiful testament to el33t pvp escaping into the ether above those beneath you and they will immediately realize, upon viewing your bold presence above them, their inferiority and they will feel bad for what they done.
    EVE: Raz Lictor
    WoT: ArmoredPie

haha! you're very welcome

Posting on forums during ops. Oh wait...

Moving BPOs in combat ships.

Forgetting to offload BPOs I was moving in combat ships.

Engaging canes in scram range frigs.

Piling into scram range on canes when flying with a gang and relying on them to ahve DPS to pop it before I die.

Not realising my gang is all in frigs.

did the old, overheat guns untill they all burn out trick the other day, god I fail so much sometimes

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

Quote Originally Posted by cillisia View Post
    did the old, overheat guns untill they all burn out trick the other day, god I fail so much sometimes
    Did that against a Worm while in a Wolf. Was happily eating through his armour and stopped overloading as they were about 75% damaged but overheated again when he hit structure and I underestimated how long he'd last. Still almost managed it with the rocket launcher but that burnt out a little after.

http://kb.sotek-eve.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2337

TRIGGER HAPPY WITH THE BUBBLE BUTTON

hulk on my km

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    http://kb.sotek-eve.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2337

TRIGGER HAPPY WITH THE BUBBLE BUTTON

hulk on my km
    That's not the biggest mistake tho, your fucking fit is
    I asked for some advice in a department store about a gift for someone special.

The sales assistant said "we have a beautiful selection of gold necklaces and diamond rings just in".

I replied "no thanks, the fucking spastic will just eat those, got any Spiderman bibs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyfool View Post
    That's not the biggest mistake tho, your fucking fit is
    Well it was fit for camping a WH ready to drop cloak and tackle.

Suggestions welcome for a solo roam fit tho, which is what it turned into on the spur of the moment, and i thoroughly enjoyed harrasing renters before i made an error

Quote Originally Posted by spm1138 View Post
    Moving BPOs in combat ships.

Forgetting to offload BPOs I was moving in combat ships.

Engaging canes in scram range frigs.

Piling into scram range on canes when flying with a gang and relying on them to ahve DPS to pop it before I die.

Not realising my gang is all in frigs.
    link the km?
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot