hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1152 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 1526521052110211421149115011511152115311541155 LastLast
Results 23,021 to 23,040 of 23097

Thread: World of Chromosomes..... so many extra chromosomes

I found a, for me, hidden gem at tier 6 in the german tech tree. The VK30.01 P medium tank. Pretty fast in a straight line, a good 8 degree of gun depression, a turret that bounces same tier low calibre guns and a rather punchy 8,8 cm with a 6 second reload. Not bad.

It's pretty rare too and the "enthusiasts" in Cromwells don't know what it can do or how to deal with it. I've caught out more than a few with the high alpha and six second reload.

The tier 5 PZIV H is a riot as well. Blapping the sealclubbing t67's with the 10,5 cm derp never gets old.

Just purchased the Tiger P which I have heard oh so many good things about. I guess it's now the grind begins.

I sincerely hope you'll have a better experience with the Tiger P than I did. It feels like prying my eyes out with a rusty spoon would be a genuinely more enjoyable experience, whenever I choose to finish the grind on the Tiger P. As for the VK, yeah. There are a number of gems on T6 that regularly get overshadowed by Cromwells for no good reason and that one is certainly a good example. Not as fast or agile, but can generally keep up just good enough, gets armor, gets a punchy gun and it plays different enough to give an alternative to bored players. The not-recent-anymore buffs to the 88/L56 also helped this tank a lot.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Oh god it's so slooooow. And -6 gun depression? Yuck!

3 games in and from what I can tell; Stay on the flats, front armour bounces same tier weaponry, bring tissues/lube when facing higher tier opponents because you don't have mobility, armour, flexibility or dpm.

Sounds about right?

afaik it got 200mm faceplate alright but the turret is the same 110 tiger pos :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Oh god it's so slooooow. And -6 gun depression? Yuck!

3 games in and from what I can tell; Stay on the flats, front armour bounces same tier weaponry, bring tissues/lube when facing higher tier opponents because you don't have mobility, armour, flexibility or dpm.

Sounds about right?

For some reason, i really did well in my Tiger P. So well that i almost reached 60% win rate in 171 games which is very good result, even for better players than me.

While Tiger I is clearly a better vehicle, with that mobility and DPM, somehow i just made this thing work. Gun on it is just awesome, but all german guns are. I was so sad when i sold it, but i needed money ASAP for some discount purchase, and it went to chopping block.

However, in today's World of Murazors "Superheay idiot heavy" meta and "i am going to see t9 lights in this tank", plus World of OP Premiums saturating T8 (oops a Defender.. i better bend over and like it) - i believe it is just powercrept into bloody pulp - i just dont see how it COULD be even 70% as good as it once was.. Of course, better players than me could probably make it work, and Dax is one of them - but seeing anything close to 60% win rate is gonna be unrealistic..

IMHO

I absolutely expect this tank to get an ahistorical 200mm turret once WarGaming gets around to refitting the balancing of the mid tier tanks.

On a sidenote, I find it funny how the game mirrors reality in some really unexpected ways at times. Tiger P was complete garbage in reality for reasons that are mostly not modelled in the game, yet the tank still sucks badly in the game for entirely different reasons. It's like it's cursed.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Dunno, i liked it plenty when i played it, probably because bads shoot center mass. But then it's been like 4 years

I got 11 boxes to get myself some gold and premium time.. Also i got t4 sentinel, and this..

Yes, type59 from only 11 boxes

incredible luck.. I spent all my luck for the year i guess

Any word as yet on future Polish tanks? More then just the Pudel?

This year. Polish and Italians iirc.

polish tier X bound to be lolsome

Tbh i dont know what they could put in Polish tree above t4, besides german/soviet clones. Im not looking forward to it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Tbh i dont know what they could put in Polish tree above t4, besides german/soviet clones. Im not looking forward to it at all.
    Tiers 1-3 are likely real tanks. TK-3, TKS, Vickers, up to 7TP and variants.

Tiers 4-5 late era blueprint/back-of-napkin Polish stuff. 10TP, 14TP, 20/25TP. Etc.

Tier 4-6 could have Crusader and/or Churchill variants, a couple of Sherman variants, and a few T-34 Variants.

Tiers 6-10 almost assuredly will be Polish variants of Soviet equipment.

Sprinkle a few home-designed never-made ideas throughout and there you go.

The early stuff will be very Polish I think. The middle stuff a wild assortment of national designs. And yes, the top will be Soviet clones.

I want it for the early tree Polish stuff tbqh.

The middle will make an interesting "didn't want to grind every nation, but I can get alot of histories cool ones all in one tree" vibe.

Top gets to flog War gammings Russian fanboi knobs a bit more I suppose.
    Last edited by Alistair; January 9 2018 at 08:12:27 PM.

Italian tree discovered as next.

Also, thew will introduce new game mechanic called "auto-reloader" - meaning if you fire one shell, drum immediately start to load missing shell. Loading one shell will be slightly longer than on tanks with normal reloading. If you fire two shells, reload time increases. And if you empty the whole clip, time to reload all is longer than normal autoloader.

BUT what that gives you is flexibility like never before.
    - You need to peek-a boom - use one shell. in less than 9 second you are full again.
    - You want to trade 2 to 1, or 2 to 0? no problem, wait for him to shoot, and put 2 inside him. Retreat for medium long reload.
    - You need to clip someone out? Do it, and retreat for a long reload as if you were AMX autoloader
    - Baiting people to yolo you thinking you are on long or medium reload, and you are not? Oh boy, cant wait for THAT. Good luck to enemy, trying to count shells fired AND seconds between reloads

Needless to say, i cant wait for this. Props to WG for introducing new and fresh mechanic, way better than siege mode IMHO

You need to add that the time between already loaded shots is fixed or your explanation doesn't make sense.

Also you can fire at any time during a reload provided you have at least one shot in the chamber.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; February 3 2018 at 10:25:29 AM.

You are correct m8. Thanks

Sooo, new patch is up and some new tanks in my garage..

Obj430U?

Fuck you Chinese komrades, fuck you

I haven't tried it yet as I don't have a crew for it but I've already concluded that I'll stick to the Chinese Light tank line. Seems redundant to branch out.

My new favorite tank in game

What is stunning how small it is.. just look at this

I never thought T71 would be considered BIG towards something..

Against his big brother

Against t-54light

Kek

Against proper T1 competition (actually, loltractor seems a bit bigger)

Against another stealth beast

lel

Confirming that I had slight issues hitting one facehugging me on Himmelsdorf in my LTTB.