hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods (modifications, not our forum overlords)

That is affirmative. I'm using this one: https://github.com/bkon/WoT-OTM

(Important stuff lies inside the bin/ folder. Though you have to get the whole stuff - whe little 'zip' icon top left; if you don't have git obv.)
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Haven't really been following the mods lately, but has the Over target Icon mod been updated? I miss my lil damage numbers.
    Old one works for me
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Yet another bumpage (second page article?).

(And yet another location of Andrey's Icon Pack, because the guy totally likes to burn bridges behind himself.)

http://wot-skins.ru/176-a-n-d-r-e-y-...atchu-066.html

How do I install these? Soemone care to do a quick blow by blow account?

It mostly consists of just two several steps:
    - copy files from "Type-1\Base\res\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\contour" over stuff in your "res\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\contour" directory.
    Similarly, copy icons from any of the "LT_*", "ST_*" and "TT_*" (icons for light, medium and heavy tanks, respectively) folders, depending on which color you prefer. I mostly stick to base color.

- copy swf files from "Type-1\Base\res\gui\flash" over stuff in your "res\gui\flash" folder (recommend you make a backup first).
    Last edited by halka; January 6 2012 at 06:12:03 PM.

Can someone upload a vanilla flash folder for me, HxC has irreversibly broken mine and it wont even work after a reinstall

I'm sorry
    so I thought I would upload it for you:
    http://student.agh.edu.pl/~hxc/flash.rar
    Quote Originally Posted by brent209 View Post
    what the fuck you want
    i'm the nigga runnin this
    get off my back hoe

by brent209

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Can someone upload a vanilla flash folder for me, HxC has irreversibly broken mine and it wont even work after a reinstall
    Doesn't that happen like every other week? I'd severely restrict his access.

(I managed to bork my installation 20 minutes after the game was patched to 0.7.1, so I really cannot take the high ground here)
    Last edited by halka; January 6 2012 at 07:57:50 PM.

i use OTM & OverCross as well as some parts of _say_'s complete mod (the GUI tweaks mainly)

for icons i prefer GREPA's mod of Pogs icon pack. (overview of said icon pack after the spoiler)
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    i use OTM & OverCross as well as some parts of _say_'s complete mod (the GUI tweaks mainly)

for icons i prefer GREPA's mod of Pogs icon pack. (overview of said icon pack after the spoiler)
      Spoiler:

I'm going to try this out, looks ok, a bit overcrowded though perhaps

Spoiler:

I tried the version with view ranges and color coded tank types but I didn't like it because it is IMO overcrowded.
    I very much prefer http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p.../page__st__280 this one:

because it is so clean and allows me to read the teams and the way I need to adapt my strategy or what positions I need to fill within a second. Of course, part of that is that I've been using this mod for a year and I'm very familiar with it.

fakeedit: changed URL to one that actually is updated for 7.1
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Thanks for that one.

yeah, you can choose between several versions tho' ... e.g. simple is just the symbol with the name, default is symbol with name, hull armor, hitpoints and penetration, scout has speed and view range instead of hitpoints and penetration, the max version is a good quick reference (esp. against newly introduced tanks).

actually, i don't like icon packs without symbols ... text only irritates me more than symbol with lots of text. maybe it's just a question of what you're used to.

the same goes for crosshair - i tried j1mB0's crosshair, as with 0.7.1 OverCross didn't work as it should. while the added info of factual reload time was interesting to have (esp. in regards to leveling a crew from 75% to 100%) the overall layout irritated me a lot. as there's now a working version of OverCross i switched back to it and never looked back. :P
    Last edited by untilted; January 7 2012 at 01:28:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post

Spoiler:

I tried the version with view ranges and color coded tank types but I didn't like it because it is IMO overcrowded.
    I very much prefer http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p.../page__st__280 this one:

because it is so clean and allows me to read the teams and the way I need to adapt my strategy or what positions I need to fill within a second. Of course, part of that is that I've been using this mod for a year and I'm very familiar with it.

fakeedit: changed URL to one that actually is updated for 7.1
    I settled on this one. Its good very clean and easy to read

GREPA's take on pogs is the best icon mod hands down, can even mod the icons into OTM with the OTM editor.

Adiya's Sight Scope is the best sight/scope combo I've come across by a fucking long shot.

And of course, Hitzones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thukker View Post
    And of course, Hitzones.
    End yourself.
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

What? Mod is 100% legal and you're just gimping yourself for not using it. Sorry I don't want to do :::RESEARCH::: or find out through witchcraft and mysticism where the weak points on every tank are. The game gives you hard armor values and then adds a fuckton of panels on every tank where those armor values don't apply/get modified without telling anyone, fuck if I'm spending my time on guesswork.

Hitzones are bad not only because they are ugly and make u look dumb, but because quite a few people will try to hit specific modules which might be harder to penetrate because "OMG I CAN AMMORACK HIM" when they have a perfectly fine target otherwise that they can deal damage to.

I never shoot for ammo racks for instance. If i shoot for a specific spot its always the engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

When only certain parts are available to shoot it's nice to have pertinent information on hand. Some sight vents are purely cosmetic, some can hit the crew. Some hatches are likely to pen, other hatches are likely to cause ricochet/bounce, some frontal panels are better armored than others, some tanks can even catch fire from shots in the front.

There are so many exceptions to the rules that having something to point out all the arbitrary weak/strong points in the armor (BUBUBU THAT'S HOW THEY ARE IN REAL LIFE - it's an arcade tank game, I don't care) is outstandingly beneficial to your performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post
    Hitzones are bad not only because they are ugly and make u look dumb, but because quite a few people will try to hit specific modules which might be harder to penetrate because "OMG I CAN AMMORACK HIM" when they have a perfectly fine target otherwise that they can deal damage to.

I never shoot for ammo racks for instance. If i shoot for a specific spot its always the engine.
    While I agree with you for the most part, if a tiger gives me his broadside I might as well aim for the ammorack because I'm going to penetrate anyway.

Its far easier to set someone on fire than ammorack them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.