hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: [Megathread]Dumb questions good answers.

Have they still not made it so you can transfer gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa Hellfury View Post
    Have they still not made it so you can transfer gold?
    c

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Many new tanks, apparently people are still valley rushing Lakeville, though.

Hey with the right tank it's a good choice.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Kill them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Hey with the right tank it's a good choice.
    Only tank I felt a little at home in that valley side was with my T-29 in Beta. What tanks you use there?

No matter what map it is, if there is a town, I'm usually in it. Love city fights.
    WOT & WT: Kyril

Yea yankee T29 through T30 can be good there, but not always, depends on what you're facing and on which side you're on. I did a 1v4 once in T34 in that valley which left three of them dead and the last at 15% before I popped. And that was with me attacking, those pussies could've swarmed me anytime but they were too afraid.

Straight up push I'd do in Maus and VK45b, Ferdinand, all so slow anyway the reduced speed doesn't matter and excellent front armor. You push with these and tank the enemy, and have some helpers along hiding behind you for added dps and flank support.

Note I've never actually driven a Maus, but fits the profile anyway.

Also I'm not saying it's always a good idea, but it works a lot of the time.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Can someone explain or point me to a thread/pic etc

Basically what I want is a guide on elevation/range needed for arties. Lets say I have a bison and a hummel. If I put both of them on the hill in Himmseldorf the bison can hit tank alley but the hummel cant as its too close range/the elevation doesnt fall short enough. I know I am terrible at explanations but I think you guys get what I mean.
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

Oh god, that would be awesome if there was an artillery map guide somewhere. Just started playing arty again with the Hummel, and I was surprised that I kept trying to aim my shells over hills that were too high. My thought process was "Well, other arty can hit me when I'm sitting there in my heavy, so I should be able to hit," and being totally wrong. When I used to play artillery, I was constantly on the move to avoid counter battery, but today it seems like arty split up the map and camp the whole game. It would be nice to know where I need to set up with a certain gun when I want to blow up stuff in G8.

Got another one!

I was searching for the stopwatch reload mod tonight and I stumbled upon some tank gun rammer threads from the WoT forums.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....-myth-or-real/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....-times-capped/

The threads are old, especially the first one, but is there any validity to them? The first article shows the test results of recording the reload times on a handful of tanks with and without the rammer. According to the results, which may be flawed in some way, the rammer doesn't make reloads 10% faster as advertised. On some tanks it's as little as a 2% difference, like the SU-8.

The second thread suggests that reload times are capped (2.7 RPM on the KV's 152mm) and no amount of crew training or modules will better this stat once you hit the cap.

Since I've spent a ton of credits putting a rammer on nearly every tank that has a permanent garage spot, I'd like to see these theories confirmed or dispelled.

very stupid question and me being slightly lazy not going through old tank thread but to get teh free tank slots on the next update what was the other tank apart from the KV you needed to get? was it the KV-3?

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/ful...d-and-improved

3. USSR Tech Tree

• KV will be separated into KV-1 and KV-2.
    Players who have a KV in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a KV-1. The KV’s crew will be trained for the KV-1.

Additionally players who have researched KV-2’s turret for KV will get a KV-2 with an extra garage slot and the KV-2 will be assigned a 100% crew.

Undistributed experience from KV can be transferred to either KV-2 or to KV-1 on demand.

No additional refunds are planned.

• KV-3 moved to tier 7 and the introduction of T-150.

Players who have a KV-3 in their garage at the time of the revision will get a KV-3 in its new status with its existing module and research setup and its old crew. Additionally they will also get a T-150 with a stock setup, extra garage slot, and 100% crew.

• IS-4 will be substituted for Object 252.

Players who have an IS-4 in their garage at the time of the revision will get an IS-4 in its new status with old crew, plus they will also get an Object 252 with 100% crew with an extra garage slot. Undistributed experience will remain on Object 252, however can be transferred to a new IS-4 on demand.

Draft Procedure of module substitution for IS-4:

If a player had IS-4’s engine researched, the same engine will be researched for both the new IS-4 and Object 252 (or the analogue of this engine if changed).

Radios, turrets, and suspensions will be treated in the same way. IS-4 and Object 252 will have the same modules installed as those previously mounted on old IS-4 or their analogues if changed. Guns, if changed, are likely to be treated in the same way.
    All still accurate except IS-4 isn't being replaced with Ob 252, that will be the new IS-6 premium tank. I think the new T9 tank is the T-10.
    Last edited by Xiang Jiao; August 30 2011 at 12:53:41 AM.

awesome thanks mate not that far from a kv-3 so should be able to grind it as well before the patch only 9 k xp to go

Quote Originally Posted by ElweSingollo View Post
    very stupid question and me being slightly lazy not going through old tank thread but to get teh free tank slots on the next update what was the other tank apart from the KV you needed to get? was it the KV-3?
    Not sure if they allready announded the changes in the next patch. I do know about the changes, but some might take place months from now though:
    > KV split into KV1 + KV2, get a free slot + KV2 + 100% Crew if you have a KV with KV2 turret unlocked in your garage;
    > KV 3 promoted to tier 7, receive a free slot + I-150 (or similar sounding) tier 6 hvy + 100% crew;
    > IS-4 promoted to tier 10, receive a free T10 (name of a t9 tank) + slot + crew with the same type of modules unlocked as IS-4 at time of change.

I believe you need to have a full garage at the time of change to receive the free slot. Not sure, but I just make sure I do.
    WOT & WT: Kyril

Yes, it's been like that in the past, no free slots unless you've got none at the time of the patch.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

just fill it up with noob tanks.
    world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun

Tanks name = BS87
    Every other game = Kegger McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrowpunk View Post
    just fill it up with noob tanks.
    i did this until i filled them up with other shit
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

I have mine filled with good tanks that im bad at driving
    B)

- Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by ElweSingollo View Post
    awesome thanks mate not that far from a kv-3 so should be able to grind it as well before the patch only 9 k xp to go
    Here's my dumb follow-up question. When's the Russian tank patch? I thought the next one was US Heavies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    Here's my dumb follow-up question. When's the Russian tank patch? I thought the next one was US Heavies.
    Soon ™

And no, russian heavys is in 6.7 and we are at 6.6 now.

- Krans 26/7/12