hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 197 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Megathread]Dumb questions good answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi Lai View Post
    Something I allways wanted to know about WoT but was affraid to ask:

As the given vehicle stats on the side are based on max crew, best equipment +
    rations/chocolate/coke, is this also the case of Viewrange?
    Its based on best training (100% crew) but not boosters like extra rations, chocolate and crates of coke or by modifications from equipment like rammers and vents.
    Viewrange is stock view range of the turret, this increases with better turrets. Equipment like binocs do change this value but not the one you see in the garage. Much like how the rammer affects RoF ingame but doesnt change its value in the garage.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

to reach shown view range you need commander to 100% , everything else bino / coated optics increase it above shown value. vents and chocolate and stuff like that do not infulance it afaik.
    In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? ... At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

How about experience earned for crew? Is it a log curve or something? I know its harder to go from 90-100% than from 0-50%.

And how much of your experience per battle actually goes towards training the crew? Or is it a set amount per battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mi Lai View Post
    Something I allways wanted to know about WoT but was affraid to ask:

As the given vehicle stats on the side are based on max crew, best equipment +
    rations/chocolate/coke, is this also the case of Viewrange?

last i knew those numbers were the max you could possibly get and included everything there was to boost them

assuming the wiki is up to date

The in-game Tank Statistics (and those in the WIKI and other places) represent the maximum possible value; 100% crew, installed ventilation, rammer, chocolate/increased rations/cola, etc. It is common for us to think of those statistics as being those requiring only a 100% skilled crew, but it is more than just that. A tank you have in your garage will show the values of upgraded modules.
    http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_...ank_Statistics

100% crew + Ventilation + Chocolate = 100%

100% crew = 87.3%

for crew skills

Experience needed for the next level can be calculated by by multiplying the next level by 50, 100, 200, or 400 for primary, secondary 1, secondary 2, or secondary 3 skills respectively. For example to get from 68% to 69% in a primary skill you will need 50x69 = 3450xp

the more crew members, the longer it takes as xp is shared between them
    Last edited by Protik; August 17 2011 at 10:20:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix Tyrionn View Post
    Mine was a legit question you dick.

How do I stop seeing multiple lowe's in my m3? So far I understand that I should never platoon with friends as it will weigh the tanks heavier but are there any other things to push you down the tiers in match making? Not upgrading semi useless things (lol +70 radio, +5hp engine etc) doesn't seem to make as big of a difference as downgrading guns.
    Short anwser. You cant.

Longer anwser.
    You dont, if match maker wants to fuck you you get fucked,
    They did have module weighting in the game during the beta but everyone sperged at wargaming beacuse they said if they had an IS for example when it was stock or with the 100/better 85mm it would be in lower games and then as soon as they got the 122mm they got put in higher tier and said why did we bother upgrading beacuse now we are in higher teir games.

Pretty fucking stupid logic but wargaming took it out pretty quickly, also I dont think it worked quite how they wanted it either, you got games with an IS with the 85/100 in T5 games and they rolled everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post
    To my question: Does Wargaming intend on creating an online marketplace or allow trading of items and currency between accounts? I could see players trading expensive mods and tanks for token amounts of gold. It would be a better option than selling everything back to the store at half price or whatever it is.
    I really hope they have trading, would mean you could pick up rigged tanks cheaper etc.
    would be pro.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Do T8 TDs (and SPGs) get v-stabs (T7+ for americans)?

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marram View Post
    Do T8 TDs (and SPGs) get v-stabs (T7+ for americans)?
    They do not. But then again, they do not have turrets (for the most part).

I have never needed it on my TD's or SPG's simply because I stop to shoot than keep rolling. For my Ferd and other TD's I go with vent, rammer, and gun laying drive (or spall liner). For the SPG's, I go with the same combo. Hit hard, hit fast, hit accurately.

Is the test server online? I can't seem to get the russian patches to install

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorNZ View Post
    last i knew those numbers were the max you could possibly get and included everything there was to boost them
    Yup. Not binos though, but yes coated optics + everything else (vents+gold consumable).

In practice coated optics on 460 view range tank doesn't get you max vision. There is even a small difference between binos+optics and just binos.

How about a link to the wiki is added to the op btw.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Main_Page
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Can someone do a setup of test-server for EU dummies, including the links to the test-server patches and stuff like that?
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

BUMP I WANT SOME ANSWERS NOW GODDAMNIT REGARDING DUMB TEST SERVER QUESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Cornucopian View Post
    BUMP I WANT SOME ANSWERS NOW GODDAMNIT REGARDING DUMB TEST SERVER QUESTIONS
    No large patch incomming -> test server is down. A quick search on WG forums would have resulted in the same answer.

Is there a trick to not losing money when driving the Panther II? It seems like every match I'm getting spotted somehow and nuked to oblivion by artillery then I lose 10k in repairs. I have 80% camoed crew and a net but somehow I'm getting spotted in bushes all over the place. Even if I manage to win a match, I have so much damage from tanks trying to pick me off that I don't break even on repairs. This tank is way too slow stock to void incoming shells.

Is there a trick to not losing money when driving the Panther II? It seems like every match I'm getting spotted somehow and nuked to oblivion by artillery then I lose 10k in repairs. I have 80% camoed crew and a net but somehow I'm getting spotted in bushes all over the place. Even if I manage to win a match, I have so much damage from tanks trying to pick me off that I don't break even on repairs. This tank is way too slow stock to void incoming shells.
    In short.
    lrn2play.

In long.
    Im having the same issue with my KT I think you just need to play the tank more and learn how to drive it better.
    When I first started with my tiger I wasent loosing money on it (only beacuse prem) but by the time I got the KT I was making cash hand over fist with it beacuse I knew how to drive it.
    the amount of times the fucking thing burned to death made me mad.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

It gets better as you upgrade. Play it as a long range support sniper. I literally haven't lost money on the panther 2 save for maybe 3 games.
    world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun world of tanks derp gun

Tanks name = BS87
    Every other game = Kegger McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    No large patch incomming -> test server is down. A quick search on WG forums would have resulted in the same answer.
    That's why it's a dumb questions thread and I don't know how to fucking find stuff on that stupid wot forum. Thank you for the reply

What is this piece of metal sticking up on the front of the T-44/54 and why is it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    What is this piece of metal sticking up on the front of the T-44/54 and why is it there?
    According to a few google searches:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.reference.com/browse/T-44+Pegasus
    Most tanks had a splashboard on the glacis plate although there are pictures of T-44A tanks without them. It protected the upper part of the vehicle from splashes of mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornucopian View Post
    That's why it's a dumb questions thread and I don't know how to fucking find stuff on that stupid wot forum. Thank you for the reply
    Not meant as insult but more along the lines of give man fish, teach man how to fish etc.