hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Failheim [Valheim]

Failheim [Valheim]

Alright

Several of us have this game now, let's play together?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Alright

Several of us have this game now, let's play together?
    Ohhhh Iíll get it

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Nice! Looking forward to it

For those of us who just heard of this

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Don't think you need to watch a guide, it's fairly straightforward plus you have a dynamic tutorial with the appearing Raven

Also this is the first game where I died to chopping down a tree and having it fall on me two minutes after I wondered if it was possible.

I found watching a few tips & tricks vids useful just to get all the particulars (like how food buffs work) down quickly. Combat can be a bit frustrating but otherwise having a laugh so far.

Yeah, I just saw it pop up on youtubes, so linked it for people to have a gander what's it aboot
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Nice! Looking forward to it
    Got it, luckily itís on GeForce now

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

You'd think it would feel degrading to pull a cart along like a mule but here I am. Still haven't fought the 2nd boss. Get the sense I'll almost certainly lose interest before completing it, but still enjoying it. Still not sold on the art style, though. I get that it's "supposed" to look like a PS2/Xbox game, but mostly it just looks like an HD remaster of an old game where they didn't bother updating some of the textures or UI.

Also unlocking bronze tech, seeing all that cool stuff then realising what a grind it'll be to get enough copper & tin for it all, was a real mood killer.

I am getting more of a Sea of Thieves co-op vibe from it rather than grinding alone tbh

Same, though haven't tried multiplayer yet. Since you don't need resources to repair things, it's less painful than it could be - & I might skip bronze armour since troll armour looks cool.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    It's kinda simple/easy isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    It's kinda simple/easy isnt it?
    Yes, but not in a bad way. If you are into production chain simulator this probably isn't the challenge you are looking for though.

More than competent, quality game overall. Could be released today (officially still early access).

Finally beat the Eldar, admittedly only because it got stuck & I could plink it to death with arrows.

edit: Think I've reached the "I'm done" point. Game is good, but the Iron Age grind is so extreme that I just don't think it's worth playing solo anymore.
    edit2: & despite that, I'm still digging through mud piles for iron scraps.
    Last edited by Lancehot; February 20 2021 at 11:23:54 AM.

Depending on how well you cope with cheesing, the "accepted" way of doing this is jumping between seeds. I have a "main" world, a server we share (6 friends), but I have a seed with a decent Swamp. Logic is as follows:

1) Prepare for iron run on main server (food + couple of pickaxes), logout next to chests near smelter
    2) Log on to seed with swamps (google it)
    3) Go to swamp, enter sunken crypt
    4) Farm iron until full
    5) Logout from swamp seed, log on to main
    6) Empty inventory into chest
    7) Log back into swamp seed
    8) Goto 4

Essentially, this can be done for any sort of farming that requires a lot of running back and forth. When you log back into a seed, you log back where you left. Easy peast, maxy cheesy.

Protip for Eldar : Use fire arrows and kite like mad (or until he bugs and gets stuck in the threes). Popping out from behind the pillars and then back behind the pillars when he shoots stuff also works well.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Finally beat the Eldar, admittedly only because it got stuck & I could plink it to death with arrows.

edit: Think I've reached the "I'm done" point. Game is good, but the Iron Age grind is so extreme that I just don't think it's worth playing solo anymore.
    This is where I'm at. Swamp is unfun and Iron too scarce.

Anyone got a good close-to-spawn swamp seed?

I lucked out & found a swamp with 9 crypts close together & getting about 100+ iron out of each. Finally found the trader, too & had enough treasure piled up to buy everything in stock straight away. Think there's still a ways to go before I can challange Bonemass, though.
    Last edited by Lancehot; February 23 2021 at 02:49:02 PM.

I lucked out & found a swamp with 9 crypts close together & getting about 100+ iron out of each. Finally found the trader, too & had enough treasure piled up to buy everything in stock straight away. Think there's still a ways to go before I can challange Bonemass, though.
    Poison resistance mead is your friend when Bonemass is concerned. Arrows do next to nothing, so your best bet is to parry his melees to get some crits in, then plink when he does his other attacks.

Joined a server with some friends, built some longhouses and spent the rest of the time sneaking up on deer and getting killed by falling trees.

10/10 I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but the game is pretty chill.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

This is where I'm at. Swamp is unfun and Iron too scarce.

Anyone got a good close-to-spawn swamp seed?
    Game is good but I also find myself sorta "done" at this point.

game is well made but little to offer just yet in terms of long term enjoyment i think.

its a bit empty at times and whilst i imagine the graphics would look better in 4k on my 1080p monitor with max settings it looks a bit shit (Even given the art style)