hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyson Sphere Project - Factorio in 3d across the stars

Dyson Sphere Project - Factorio in 3d across the stars

Game came out of nowhere 4 days ago, i'm having a blast at the moment.

It has the depth of factorio with limited ressources, you are a robot landing on a planet with the goal of building a dyson sphere around a star to power a VR computer for your race.

planets have different ressources and such, most planets i've seen are about a 5-7 minute walk to circumnavigate. You can also take off and orbit the around planet or just fly off to nowhere if you want. As you expand you can build railguns to shoot solar sails into orbitals to start building a dyson swarm. It generates power that you can beam down to your planets. The game is pretty beautiful to look at as planets follow simple orbital mechanics.

The game is very smooth, I haven't hit a bug, slowdown or crash in like 25 hours of play. There is some poor translation, the UI is a bit clunky in places and the keybinding are currently fixed, but for a brand new early access title it's very, very good.

My dyson swarm has like 9000 sails in it and it's a beautiful sight in the sky. A+ game for 20 bucks

A friend linked me the trailer couple days back, I didn't check details and dismissed it as to complex to actually realise.

Behold my surprise when game is actually out and playable.

I don't have it automated yet but I got all tech to launch solar power satellites now.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    wow it looks great

In before proper sequel to Kerbal Space Program made by chineese developers.

This looks like exactly the sort of game i'll play the tutorial and a few hours of the main game, get gridlocked then never pick up again
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    This looks like exactly the sort of game i'll play the tutorial and a few hours of the main game, get gridlocked then never pick up again
    This looks like the kind of game I sink hundreds of hours into and playthrough anew every 2-3 years

Looks like the kind of game where I'll get 20 hours into a playthrough, decide that I want to re-start so I can use what I know now to re-do things "the right way", play that new game for 4 hours then never pick it up again.

I can confirm that every one of you nerds will be able to do those things without encountering game breaking bugs or stupid shit.

I am truly impressed by the level of polish for a our of nowhere game from china.

This game is good. Shame there isn't multiplayer. That would be a blast. Especially if it were competitive. Which team can build the Dyson Sphere first?

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    I can confirm that every one of you nerds will be able to do those things without encountering game breaking bugs or stupid shit.

I am truly impressed by the level of polish for a our of nowhere game from china.
    Poland is currently using the worlds supply of bugs, leaving none for the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    This game is good. Shame there isn't multiplayer. That would be a blast. Especially if it were competitive. Which team can build the Dyson Sphere first?
    Just start playing the game at the same time....

Not every game needs multiplayer. Indeed, many games would be better off without wasting effort for shitty multiplayer.

I AM CONCRETE CANCER AND THIS PLANET WILL NOT SURVIVE

Neat game, reminds me of factorio crossed with planetary annihilation. The tutorial is hilarious though, I think they just ran it through google translate and used a txt to speech device to read it, comes off like it was written by someone with mild brain damage.

slowly coming together!

From the other side, once a node is build, solar sails turn from yellow to blue and migrate from the swarm orbit to the empty frames to populate them.

Here is some shot from my main production planet.

Game can look so nice.

I spent 2 evenings if not more just setting up yellow cube protection for real, and now finally I can't go back to set up production of solar sails, had then researched and tested on my second day but they were not priority.

So last night I finally plop down a production line and 3 launchers and a receiver on the pole.

"Pretty lights in the sky!".

And then I decide to check it out in close and see if sails actually have a 3D model.

Jaw dropped.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    In before proper sequel to Kerbal Space Program made by chineese developers.
    From a YT channel doing lots of these kinda game playthroughs, she described it as a mixture (aka features stolen from) Factorio, Satisfactory (both kinda obvious) and much to my surprise: Stellaris.

Damn, I just started a new Factorio game, I did not need to see this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

What we are going to done before 11th February?
    Quick Upgrade: You will be able to upgrade some of the buildings and conveyors by directly build (cover/overlap/displace) the higher grade facilities on the lower grade facilities, instead of demolish the lower grade one in advance.

Keybinding: It's a very important function for many of you, engineers. We will finish it before 11th February.

Framework of logistics management system: A basic management framework will be setup to the logistics system. Of course, it will be still 'basic' at February that may only bring 'basic' logistic solution for you, such as the farthest transportation distance and the quantity requirement of delivering goods. The logistic system will be fleshed with the progress of game development in the future.
    The ability to upgrade without destroying will be a godsend. I am at the point where I want to upgrade, but destroying and rebuilding is gonna be painful.