hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FHC crashes on a Rimworld MP game

FHC crashes on a Rimworld MP game

heya lads

so Rimworld has a MP mod, and there was talk about it on discord a couple of days ago. how do people feel about doing such a session ?

i figure, we can use prepare carefully and hand-design eight pawns, there is a build in point system to prevent people from creating uber-pawns. so we can have you, or somebody you create, brutally murdered and turned into kibble when we get sick of your shit.

since this is Rimworld, modding is a significant part of the experience, but the MP mod doesn't play nice with all of it. there is a mod-list with associated "glue" mod available here we should consider using. some of these, such as the mini-map are straight up useful UI additions, others such as Rimfeller significantly alter gameplay balance by making previously hard-to-get stuff possible to make relatively easily, it prolongs the end-game significantly. interestingly, there's no embrasure or quarry mod, but those tend to be controversial anyway.

if there's interest for this, i will look into setting up some sort of point budget for prepare carefully and see what variation of failheap gives us a non-shit planet to play on, so start thinking biome and terrain
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I would enjoy going insane and digging up a corpse to show you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    I would enjoy going insane and digging up a corpse to show you all.
    dont you already do that ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

How long until we create a self sustaining cannibal farm

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    here's some content for you.
    Viking, n.:

I'm in, of course. Just let me know when.

I vote we kill and eat Bent first.

I'd be up for this

sure why not.

It'd he a dark dark world, a hellish landscape full of mad and idiotic nomads barely able to keep from killing each other even when enemies bore down on them.

Nice break from the forum in other words, sounds fun.

so, no mod requests or the like ?

on a side note, this is one of my favourite subreddits.

edit : i suggest we do this with no mods, since we've got a couple of newbies on board, we're probably going to die horribly pretty quickly anyway, and we can discuss what to add from there.

so, unless anybody objects let's do it that way. starting Saturday next week at, idk when is a good time ?

your assignment, mentlegen is to design a pawn and post associated screenshots here, use prepare carefully linked above, please note that you can spend your 2000 points on both the pawn, and it's equipment, don't forget clothes (first screen, dropdowns) and consider bringing at least a firearm. negatives (traits, old injuries, etc etc) deduct points, and the pricing runs amok once you add more than three traits due to multipliers. so if you want say, a relatively young pawn but start with a assault rifle, you're gonna need to take negative traits.

any leftover point budget will be spend by me when hosting, on starting construction materials and packaged survival meals to get us started, so we don't have to kick it off with cannibalism.

please also note that pyromaniacs are first in line when it becomes time to eat your fellow colonists, it's a god-fucking awful trait, please dont take that.

also kindly remember we need a fairly well rounded group, ain't gonna go nowhere with masterful shooters who cant build or cook for shit, ain't worth shit if we're gonna be puking a lot while dying of hypothermia or heatstroke.
    Last edited by Liare; January 1 2021 at 08:43:26 PM.
    Viking, n.:

Last one tunneling into the ancient vault is a loser!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Im in

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

edit : i suggest we do this with no mods, since we've got a couple of newbies on board, we're probably going to die horribly pretty quickly anyway, and we can discuss what to add from there.

so, unless anybody objects let's do it that way. starting Saturday next week at, idk when is a good time ?

your assignment, mentlegen is to design a pawn and post associated screenshots here, use prepare carefully linked above, please note that you can spend your 2000 points on both the pawn, and it's equipment, don't forget clothes (first screen, dropdowns) and consider bringing at least a firearm. negatives (traits, old injuries, etc etc) deduct points, and the pricing runs amok once you add more than three traits due to multipliers. so if you want say, a relatively young pawn but start with a assault rifle, you're gonna need to take negative traits.

any leftover point budget will be spend by me when hosting, on starting construction materials and packaged survival meals to get us started, so we don't have to kick it off with cannibalism.

please also note that pyromaniacs are first in line when it becomes time to eat your fellow colonists, it's a god-fucking awful trait, please dont take that.

also kindly remember we need a fairly well rounded group, ain't gonna go nowhere with masterful shooters who cant build or cook for shit, ain't worth shit if we're gonna be puking a lot while dying of hypothermia or heatstroke.
    + a single revolver

edit: Dont get eliminated!

I SENSE A ANNOYING BRIT WHO NEEDS KILLING

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

+ a single revolver

i mean okay, you're not terribly useful, but you're not instant-kibble material either.

yer gonna spend a lot of time running around the map with cannibals in tow tho. (also, what hair ?)
    Last edited by Liare; January 2 2021 at 03:51:37 AM.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

+ a single revolver

i mean okay, you're not terribly useful, but you're not instant-kibble material either.

yer gonna spend a lot of time running around the map with cannibals in tow tho. (also, what hair ?)

Whatever is closest to that guy lol.

Max digging and luciferium for the race for the vault!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    mod requests (no idea about compatibility with MP but most are just tweaks or additions):

Stack XXL
    Simple Sidearms
    RimFridge
    RTFuse
    AllowTool
    Metals Trader
    Replace Stuff
    Large Faction Bases
    Mortar Accuracy
    Farmable Neuroamine
    More Steel
    More Components