hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 52 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 6643

Thread: Meet the next President of the United States

I am surely wrong but thought this might be fit here and didnt want to start a lolUS thread.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...tory?track=rss

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/1...he-cain-train/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cain Train
    Cain was scheduled to sit down today for an interview with the most influential newspaper in New Hampshire but it fell apart at the last minute. They say he cancelled because he objected to another videotaped roundtable, his team says it was the paper that cancelled because they wouldn’t agree to an untaped, 20-minute-long chat like he wanted. Exit quotation: “The people that get on the Cain train, they don’t get off because of that crap. Who knows every detail of every country on the planet? Nobody!”
    Oh lawd he just keeps saying awesome stuff
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

yes but stupid shit like that appeals to his voters because they too know shit all.
    Sorry Helen is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herschel Yamamoto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Things were pretty good back when Clinton was president. The states actually seemed p chilled back then.
    Which is funny, because he fought about twice as many wars as Bush.

This isn't some great mystery - Europe is about 80% Democrat if we measure them on an American yardstick, so Europe likes the US when a Democrat is in charge and thinks the US is crazy when a Republican is in charge.
    So you are holding it against us that we like someone who has policies closer to our own? really?
    Nah, that's fine. I just think the usual language("The US has gone crazy! etc.) is overblown and silly.
    "Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."

Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    Herschel Yamamoto is owning in this thread.

Perhaps, but not even the Republican party has that many who are that stupid. Cain's done. From now on in he's nothing but a punchline. And he's making damn sure that he'll stay that way ...

Nah, that's fine. I just think the usual language("The US has gone crazy! etc.) is overblown and silly.
    To be fair, pretty-much every English-speaking country is to the left of the USA so they have a point.

The US thinks the rest of the world is left-leaning, because it couldn't possibly be that the US is right-leaning.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    To be fair, pretty-much every English-speaking country is to the left of the USA so they have a point.
    Can you name any speaking country that is to the right of the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Many asian countries. Japan, Singapore, etc. Israel, perhaps. They're not always to the right of the US, but they do break right on some aspects.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Movember 2012
    Yes, actually.

Why don't we start with Saudi Arabia and go from there?

The problem is you're wrong. It's not about whether or not you're right wing. You can be right wing without the insane shit that comes out of the republican core. The actual American system is not really that far right wing - certainly not enough to say "the US has gone crazy" especially considering how much flexibility they have from state to state. So claiming that herschel's remark is wrong because they actually are right wing is totally the wrong approach and doomed to failure. Saudi arabia is a p. good example but I'm sure there are many.

It's insane because of things like Herman Cain and Rush Limbaugh, because of freedom fries and 9/11, "i live close to russia so I'm good at foreign policy", Barack "Hussein" Obama the closet muslim who's not really a citizen, intelligent design should be taught in schools, HPV vaccine gives you brain damage, commercials for a presidential nomination where the guy takes a long cool drag off his cigarette at the end, and man someone help me with this list because it's huge.

None of these things are necessary to be a right winger. They're just fucking insane and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    The problem is you're wrong. It's not about whether or not you're right wing. You can be right wing without the insane shit that comes out of the republican core. The actual American system is not really that far right wing - certainly not enough to say "the US has gone crazy" especially considering how much flexibility they have from state to state. So claiming that herschel's remark is wrong because they actually are right wing is totally the wrong approach and doomed to failure. Saudi arabia is a p. good example but I'm sure there are many.

It's insane because of things like Herman Cain and Rush Limbaugh, because of freedom fries and 9/11, "i live close to russia so I'm good at foreign policy", Barack "Hussein" Obama the closet muslim who's not really a citizen, intelligent design should be taught in schools, HPV vaccine gives you brain damage, commercials for a presidential nomination where the guy takes a long cool drag off his cigarette at the end, and man someone help me with this list because it's huge.

None of these things are necessary to be a right winger. They're just fucking insane and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

QFT

Interesting development today. Herman Cain's affair finally came out.

Clearly a hit from Gingrich, who is surging, especially after endorsement from New Hampshire Union Leader. Every single political pundit on TV is salivating at the prospects of Obama-Gingrich campaign. I mean, they are literally high-fiving each other. Someone actually said: "Republicans want a candidate who can challenge Obama in intellectual debate".

36 days until Iowa caucuses.

Epic.

As if a 68 year old candidate stands a chance of obtaining the nomination. Cripes.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    As if a 68 year old candidate stands a chance of obtaining the nomination. Cripes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

That was kind of my point. You thought they'd have learned their lesson trying it with someone who can actually appeal to those on the left of Hitler.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

The US has an absurdly nasty indoctrination problem, and unsurprisingly it stems from the deep evangelicals and is largely religiously based. It's hilarious to see people be so bitter about Islam/Muslim nations when the core of American fundamentalism is EASILY as crazy, even if they're not as outright violent they're absolutely pathetically ignorant.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.